PDA

View Full Version : Some higher level bard questions

Mandalore93
11-22-2013, 01:39 PM
1. What is the general rule for resists to reach with gear in this era? I recall very vaguely that the goal was 200 after buffs/songs so I'd guess around 100-120?
2. Going off that same question, just a quick glance over at raid mobs for Kunark looks like there are only a few mobs (Trak, outdoor dragons) that require mixed resists? To be specific it seems like the only mixed resists needed are magic/fire and magic/poison? Also, in this time frame is it possible to fully resist the -150 to -200 resist modifiers on some of the raid AoEs?
3. Fading memories doesn't come until Luclin so I would have to assume that our role on raids is almost entirely resist twists? And in this area you get 1 Psalm+Purifying/Elemental/Guardian Rhythms?

cs616
11-22-2013, 02:25 PM
1) Resists on this server aren't exactly classic. There isn't a resist cap and spells cast by mobs on NPCs have a much higher chance of landing than they should. So the answer to this question is really that there is no "max" - as a rule of thumb, the higher your resists the better. On Trakanon my bards PR is in the 400 range, for mobs than fear I also try to get my MR up to the 350-400 range. That is with epic though, which is a huge modifer on the psalms. Shooting for 250+ MR should be your primary goal if you want to raid.

2) Trakanon is PR only for most people. The MR component is to combat blind, but that is only single target cast on whoever is tanking. Most of the mobs that you need dual resists on are mobs that have some sort of dmg AE + fear. At 32k hp, the AE dmg is really something you can just ignore. For outdoor dragons like Sev or Gore, you should push MR since the fight is all about DPS and players can't DPS if they're feared.

3) Psalms don't stack with Elemental or Purifying. Pre-epic, you'll likely play guardian + elemental or purity with a drum equiped. Bard melee dps is pretty weak, so pumping higher resists with a drum will help the raid more than the 20 dps you might add. With epic you'll start using psalms more, mostly mystic visions + guardian for ~187? MR. While your main job is definitely resists, other utilities can come in handy on certain fights. Things like AE fear, Mez, or group dispel can come in really handy situationally. Also, on mobs that don't have AEs, bard dmg shields and melee buffs can dramatically increase the dmg output of a raid.

Mandalore93
11-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the input, decided to whip up a few builds real quick for entry level...
http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Bard_-_Magic_Resist
http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Bard_-_Poison

Any switches I should make? Was trying to use items that are either craftable or droppable from easy to get mobs. Tried to stray away from Plane loot but I did stick in an Imbrued piece to Poison.

zanderklocke
11-28-2013, 08:16 PM
You wouldn't use swords if you were looking for MR in a raid like the build above. You would be using your drum if you don't have epic. Furthermore, you will always be using a BoH if you are in a group and don't have epic. There is no reason to use another weapon in primary right now.

Other than that, those builds aren't too bad if you're looking for resists.

Mandalore93
11-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the input! And ya the swords were just laziness. Didn't feel like taking then off