PDA

View Full Version : Game updates

dacduster
07-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Are the game updates we see on the front page, the patch, updated automatically or is there something we need to download. When I load the game I dont see the patch screen before logging in. Just curious because I didnt want to be missing any updates. Thanks.

tinidas
07-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Im new and could be wrong but I think they only have control server side. Based on comments on what they can and cannot fix...

Lanvaren
07-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Are the game updates we see on the front page, the patch, updated automatically or is there something we need to download. When I load the game I dont see the patch screen before logging in. Just curious because I didnt want to be missing any updates. Thanks.

The good thing about using the titanium client is that pretty much everything they're updating is already on our end.

New kunark item models, zone files, etc... they just apply the changes to the server to give us access to these things.

Some stuff like spell files and such need to be updated by us, they usually say "Update spells.txt!" or whatever at the top of the patch notes when this is the case, but this seems to be fairly rare, and optional outside of rare/annoying bugs.

dacduster
07-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Thank you all for the responses. That makes sense.