PDA

View Full Version : Jewelcrafting skillcap

sidgb
07-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Did a search and can't find a definitive answer on the Jewelcrafting skillcap on this server.

I am currently at 224. How high will I be able to get it?

astarothel
07-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Right now? 284.
When it is fixed? 200.

So uh, you might want to hold off on that.

sidgb
07-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Right now? 284.
When it is fixed? 200.

I thought one tradeskill could go higher and the rest were capped at 200? I was wondering what the cap was on the one that could go higher.

Sure would like to know before a code change flushes hours of effort down the drain. Any dev able to comment on this?

astarothel
07-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Tradeskill specialization (going above 200) didn't go live until half way through Kunark.

Droop
07-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Aye, tradeskills are borked. We shouldn't have 1/2 the stuff in game that we do. Stuff like Wu's wasn't added till the tradeskill update during Kunark.

Would be cool if someone well-versed in the ways of the various tradeskills could sit down, and figure out what needs to be in the game, and what doesn't. It'd be tons of work though, and definitely not the biggest issue in terms of impact to gameplay.

guineapig
07-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Aye, tradeskills are borked. We shouldn't have 1/2 the stuff in game that we do. Stuff like Wu's wasn't added till the tradeskill update during Kunark.

Would be cool if someone well-versed in the ways of the various tradeskills could sit down, and figure out what needs to be in the game, and what doesn't. It'd be tons of work though, and definitely not the biggest issue in terms of impact to gameplay.

A lot of this is being done every day. There have already been tons of items removed from the game and in a few instances, things added that were classic.

Not sure why Wu's was left in exactly but it's something that has been brought up a bunch of times since the server started. It truly is a very low impact thing at this point but you are correct.

as far as skill caps being borked, it's that way for many things, not just crafting. Other skill caps are also based on the client, same goes for resist caps and resist checks. The devs are aware of this but as I mentioned before I think the client is the initial cause.

astarothel
07-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Baking, brewing, blacksmithing, jewelcrafting, & pottery lists are finished.
Blacksmithing classic trivials list still needs about 8 items to be complete.

Fletching list is about half finished, and proving much harder than anticipated to figure out.

Tinkering, and alchemy, & poison lists aren't even started yet.

Droop
07-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Right on :). And ya the skill-ups are weird throughout. The "you have got better at___ (##)!" message is what seems to count, what's listed in your skills window within your inventory doesn't seem to matter at all.

But cool, I am glad the list of items is getting fixed :).

Remfin
07-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Right on :). And ya the skill-ups are weird throughout. The "you have got better at___ (##)!" message is what seems to count, what's listed in your skills window within your inventory doesn't seem to matter at all.If you want to see your true skill levels, go talk to a class trainer; they aren't programmed to cap off the number based off what the client thinks your cap is.

Droop
07-26-2010, 11:19 PM
If you want to see your true skill levels, go talk to a class trainer; they aren't programmed to cap off the number based off what the client thinks your cap is.

I will do this tomorrow. I just noticed that certain skills that shouldn't let me do stuff till a certain level (pickpocket for example) didn't let me when I was supposedly at cap, but right after I leveled it beyond the supposed cap, it let me.

Brain
08-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Right now? 284.
When it is fixed? 200.

Where are you getting this information?

284 is the cap for plat BS neck... Just because it's the most expensive gem doesn't mean it's the most difficult to craft.

Plat diamond AND Blue diamonds are harder to make than BS's...

Plat Blue Diamond Tiara becomes trivial at 295 IIRC - so technically that would put our current cap @ 295, not 284.

I'd like to hear a dev comment on this rather than rumors...

Omnimorph
08-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Where are you getting this information?

284 is the cap for plat BS neck... Just because it's the most expensive gem doesn't mean it's the most difficult to craft.

Plat diamond AND Blue diamonds are harder to make than BS's...

Plat Blue Diamond Tiara becomes trivial at 295 IIRC - so technically that would put our current cap @ 295, not 284.

I'd like to hear a dev comment on this rather than rumors...

I believe the plat BS tiara was 297 cap. But yes, technically 297 will be the max possible cap till velious comes out. You would only reach it if you were to have alot of blue diamond + platinum combines... and since i remember seeing some calculator thing saying i had a 1.1% chance of a skill up per combine... it'd take alot of combines to get there.

guineapig
08-21-2010, 01:48 PM
In any case, they can't change the cap to my knowledge or they would have done so a long time ago.

What they did with other tradeskill recipes is simply remove the non-classic ones out of the game. But they can't do that with the platinum combines because they are indeed classic.

SO basically it's one of those few instances in the game where it can't replicate classic 100% and you just have to deal.

It's not that huge of a deal other than the fact that good resist gear is much more readily available than it was in 1999. But to sort of balance this out resists are nothing like they were on classic either; based on a (guesstimate) 400+ cap instead of 250. So it's hardly game breaking when it comes to raids. Maybe a little bit outside of raid encounters.

Brain
09-12-2010, 04:09 PM
*bump*

Any dev's care to comment on this? And I'm assuming nothing in the recent patch (9/12) changed for JC'rs?