PDA

View Full Version : Useful macros/hotkeys?

Mournblade
07-26-2010, 03:09 PM
I looked through a number of threads regarding macros and hotkeys, but I didn't see anything specific... I'd like to see what kind of utility/clever hotkeys y'all have - not basic stuff like calling out what spell you are casting, or incoming messages, but maybe like something to help switch between camera angles, open all of your bags, heck I dunno; i'm just curious to see what people have come up with that didn't occur to me, and makes the mechanics of play a little easier.

Thanks!

Pyrocat
07-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Cannibalize is always in spell slot seven for me, so

/cast 7
/pause 24
/sit

helps with canni dancing. I could be misremembering the pause time though.

Pyrocat
07-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Oh, and /rtarget is always hotkeyed. As someone who regularly gets buff requests, it's a huge time saver, especially when you're racing to engage a raid mob.

/hidecorpse ALLBUTGROUP
/auc WTB and /auc WTS macros

Chicka
07-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Opening all bags, thats a key option: I have mine set O for open, L for close.

Macros, I'm a cleric so tend to have a lot of hotkeys for important folk, tanks, buffers etc., in any case target the person and:

/tt clarity please
/tt hp please
/tt cure me please
/tt twitch please
/tt see that mob there? hit it please

Audio alerts:
tells you
your spell has fizzled (or something like that)
target is out of range
(any item I want to buy)

I don't get out much (poopsock ftl) and the last one has allowed me to pick up stuff I need as I run through ec en route to some camp without paying attention to the spam.

YendorLootmonkey
07-26-2010, 06:11 PM
How do you make audio alerts, shrt? I want some!!

Pyrocat
07-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Options, ui, look for toggle audio triggers or something similar

YendorLootmonkey
07-26-2010, 06:21 PM
sweet, i am gonna make an audio alert for someone shouting/oocing "group LF ranger".

unfortunately, I will never know if it works. :(

Pyrocat
07-26-2010, 06:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KFo_BqZL_E quick tutorial on how to set it up

Nocte
07-26-2010, 07:15 PM
/whotarget
/guildstatus

Gives you immediate info on someone just running by. The second part will tell you their guild even if they're /anon or /role.

krforrester
07-26-2010, 07:59 PM
My first hotkey is /loc so that when I get two-shotted by some nasty mob as I am running around I can find my corpse. Obviously, it doesn't work when I get one-shotted.

Another hotkey is /corpse so I can drag my corpse to a safe location.

Kistoff
07-26-2010, 11:29 PM
I have been using one to skill up my sense heading, so I don't have to spam the key as much. I have sense heading set to my first ability.

/doability 1
/stand
/cast 1
/stand
/cast 1

I also setup another one to just spam sense heading a few times. Putting pause at the beginning actually runs it after the command on the line.

/pause 20, /doability 1
/pause 20, /doability 1
/pause 20, /doability 1
/pause 20, /doability 1
/doability 1

YendorLootmonkey
07-26-2010, 11:41 PM
You're better off dual-binding whatever key you have to turn left or right to the hotbutton that has your sense heading skill.

Pyrocat
07-28-2010, 06:55 AM
Haven't tried it on this server yet, but it should work

The Dual Corpse Drag (aka the rogue special)

/target soando's
/corpse
/pause 10
/target aranger's
/corpse

Volga
07-28-2010, 07:17 AM
How about use EC to break in junior guides =) If you can camp EC for x hours and keep it clean then you might be promoted to not so junior guide ! =)

Noleafclover
07-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Ah, pause time. Duh, that's why my combination corpse drag hotkeys never work. I usually make separate /tar hotkeys for each corpse. So 2 is corpse, 3 4 5 are /tar name, so it's 3 2 4 2 5 2, kinda a pain.

Great monk hotkey is combat feign.
/attack off
/doability x
/sit
/attack on

For reaggroing on a fear break:
/sit
/doability x

Gotta be careful you don't get cast on for that instant you're up, then you're off to the races. Course you would have been if you didn't insta-feign and got cast on anyway.

It should go without saying to get an assist macro, just every group /ho assist /assist (tank) takes 1 second, but many casters don't, then get surprised when they break mez (nah i always know the right one to attack, that was a fluke... right).