PDA

View Full Version : South Qeynos Guard Attacking For No Reason

Anpippin
07-27-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I am a Human Paladin and for some reason when I get off the boat in South Qeynos there is this one guard that attacks me for no reason. Why does he attack me? I am a good race in a good city, none of the other guards in South Qeynos or North Qeynos attack me, so why does this guard attack me?

Atennu
07-27-2010, 01:44 AM
there is one guard near the boats on a different faction. But other guards dont attack him. Im not sure if he's bugged or not, but he is there. Can't remember his name neither.

Serin
07-27-2010, 01:45 AM
there are two factions of qeynos guards, corrupt qeynos guards and qeynos guards. It's possible you ran into a corrupt qeynos guard (your faction does go down for the most part with any quest you do around the area)

Jenni D
07-27-2010, 01:47 AM
try deodorant :P

RKromwell
07-27-2010, 02:02 AM
There are two guards in Qeynos that you have to worry about, one in north and one in south. Turning in one gnoll fang will get you KOS with these guys.

stormlord
07-27-2010, 02:59 AM
The guard in south qeynos, his name starts with a Q (all i remember). The one in north qeynos is near the pond, he walks around crows tavern. He's higher con than the guard in south qeynos. If you hand in enough gnoll fangs, these guards will attack you because they're corrupt.

Aegamin
09-17-2010, 02:03 AM
In South Qeynos, his name is Quedal. I'm a High Elf Wizard in a Human city. I couldn't understand what was going on until someone explained the whole corrupted guard thing.

My questions: If I fight this corrupt guard after he attacks me, will the non-corrupt guards jump in? Will I take a faction hit for the non-corrupts if I kill a corrupt?

This cat is floating right around the wizard guild too. Sneaky Bastage.

Gawain
09-17-2010, 02:08 AM
No, you can kill the Q guy without the other guards attacking..

Brut
09-17-2010, 02:13 AM
Kill corrupts to get faction ups with non-corrupts, and visa versa.

There's also the possibility of getting both factions up, but mostly this can be tricky due to juggling with the problem of one always getting pissed at you. Some quests get one of em up without ruining the other, ie. by doing the gnoll/orc/goblin scalp quests in highpass. And there's a quest in East (or North? near the bridge) Karanas wherein you give a guy on corruptguard faction some gold for a faction up + blackburrow stout; gives faction downs with non-corrupts, but you can always fix that by initiating a gnoll genocide.

That Dagarok or Ragnarok or w/e guy roaming near the monk guild/PoD is lvl50, he's the biggest troublemaker for those kos to corrupts.

RKromwell
09-17-2010, 02:18 AM
That Dagarok or Ragnarok or w/e guy roaming near the monk guild/PoD is lvl50, he's the biggest troublemaker for those kos to corrupts.

He is pretty easy to avoid but his harm touch hurts. He killed me once when I zoned in, didn't even finish loading. Just saw that I had been struck by pain and suffering...

I now go the long way around to the other zone in.

liveitup1216
09-17-2010, 02:43 AM
turn your gnoll fangs in at halas instead, no neg hits for qeynos!

though i think im now KoS to these fellows for other reasons...

.... i hate you hadden..... and the 6 fishing poles you've decided to only be carrying....

Alawen Everywhere
09-17-2010, 04:04 AM
I did the hero bracer quest too many times, now I'm KOS to both the corrupt Qeynos guards and the Freeport Militia. Bitches.

SirAlvarex
09-17-2010, 11:03 AM
He is on the corrupted guard faction, but he appears to be *more* on the Bloodsabers faction. Quedal scowls at me, but the rest of the corrupt guards, including Ragnarok (or whomever) are dubious of me.

My woodelf druid is hated by Quedal and some other low level guard that prowls the docks. They're annoying.

Messianic
09-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Guard Quedal or whatever killed poor lvl 4 Fourthmeal once

He just couldn't think outside the bun...

Messianic
09-17-2010, 11:23 AM
He is on the corrupted guard faction, but he appears to be *more* on the Bloodsabers faction. Quedal scowls at me, but the rest of the corrupt guards, including Ragnarok (or whomever) are dubious of me.

My woodelf druid is hated by Quedal and some other low level guard that prowls the docks. They're annoying.

That would make sense, since not all of the corrupt guards HT (IIRC).

Aegamin
09-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Thanks for answering my questions. His azz is toast...when I'm a little higher (still cons yellow @ level 8).

Gratal
09-17-2010, 03:31 PM
He has to be on a different faction than Corrupt Guards...he was scowling to me when Corrupt were dubious. Bloodsabers would make sense.

Starcraft66
09-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Quedal is especially annoying with his patrol path going all over South Qeynos, including as some have said, straight in front of the boat, back near the Caster guilds, and also behind buildings and stuff.

He seems to hate all varieties of elves (Except Dark maybe? I'm not sure.) and followers of Rodcet Nife, making me think that as people have speculated he's on Bloodsaber faction.

I killed him in an alley the other day on my Enchanter because he killed my poor Wood Elf Bard who ran all the way to Qeynos the MOMENT she stepped off the dock.

RKromwell
09-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Yea, his aggro radius is kinda huge. He doesn't path all the way to the end of the dock but if he is out there and you get off the boat...he will come get you.

So glad he doesn't attack me any more. I only have to worry about Lt. Dickhead in North Q now. Oh and one of the guards in West Karana...he is an evil bastard as well.

Striiker
09-18-2010, 10:17 AM
One thing which I believe you can do to fix the faction is to give Tumpy Irontoe in South Qeynos 4 honey mead at a time. This raises the corrupt guard faction. Usually I do this when I turn in gnoll fangs. I turn in gnoll fangs and get the moonstones. I go to the an inn (can't recall the name) where Tumpy paths into, there's an NPC behind the bar who wanders around inside. You can turn in the moonstones to him and you get some drink in return. I sell these and buy the honey mead. I then take the hoiney mead and give them (4 at a time unstacked) to Tumpy. This helps fix the faction hits to Corrupt Qeynos Guards which result from the fang quest.