PDA

View Full Version : Epic Battle

Allizia
07-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Anyone have any epic close call fights?

I remember 3 manning FGs (with glitch and Bubbles? I forgot who was there) and we got the roamer add when pulling King T, they both died with Tranix at 20-30% and I managed to solo finish him and the 3 FG's by bouncing runes and charm with a damage shield to make the last one auto-flee. They actually made it back to camp as I was chasing him trying to get the last 2 nukes off

nalkin
07-27-2010, 12:20 PM
I have 2.

I was doing a PUG with my guild and some friends on phinny. Only had 2 mages up chaining on phinny and I was on his far side with like 15% hp = < 150. I couldn't get a heal, and Yiblaans pet was dying so I went to put mine on. I swam and dumped, but right when I got to him I was knocked unconscious. Being underwater my limp body kept sliding past him and I pop up (health ticked up) and keep swimming past. I then get healed and we kill phinny.

I was killing furies in OOT when I had 3 of them on me. I was watching TV and I missed my chance to chain pets and I started to run to hopefully gain some ground as to be able to cast the 10 second spell. Well im running and can't get any ground and then all of a sudden I run, literally, into the boat. So I am on the front of the boat just plastered there, but that thing goes fast. So it drops me off at sister island and gives me just enough time to get my pet out and live.

Bubbles
07-27-2010, 02:32 PM
The things me, Allizia, and Necron did at 29 in LG were positively filthy.

Good times.

Overcast
07-27-2010, 02:46 PM
I have 2.

I was doing a PUG with my guild and some friends on phinny. Only had 2 mages up chaining on phinny and I was on his far side with like 15% hp = < 150. I couldn't get a heal, and Yiblaans pet was dying so I went to put mine on. I swam and dumped, but right when I got to him I was knocked unconscious. Being underwater my limp body kept sliding past him and I pop up (health ticked up) and keep swimming past. I then get healed and we kill phinny.

I was killing furies in OOT when I had 3 of them on me. I was watching TV and I missed my chance to chain pets and I started to run to hopefully gain some ground as to be able to cast the 10 second spell. Well im running and can't get any ground and then all of a sudden I run, literally, into the boat. So I am on the front of the boat just plastered there, but that thing goes fast. So it drops me off at sister island and gives me just enough time to get my pet out and live.

haha, that would have been awesome. Here - nothing much just yet, although I've been in the 'purple' twice and managed to walk away alive.

On EQLive - once, I was last healer standing on a RZ fight - don't ask me how I didn't die... I didn't so much realize it until I noticed I was the only one still living that could rez. All I know is that I was focused on keeping the MT up and nothing else, lol. That was pretty cool and secured my spot in the raiding guild I was currently 'in trial status' for :) - They thought for sure it was going to be a wipe.

Waedawen
07-27-2010, 02:55 PM
My enchanter and my RL friend's bard got from 7-15 in less than 3 hours in Crushbone.

Is duoing 3 legos, 2 slavers and a dwarf slave leet at level 9?

Yoite
07-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Only one i can recall from P99 atm is i was soloing lord, i picked up that stupid hallway roamer and was running lom and low hp. but ive got a bond dot on the lord and my pets tearing him up, but im rooted by this add and i just failed my FD...crap....so i stand back up and wait to retry, when my fucking charm breaks, i get hit so hard by the 3 mobs i go purple, but then BAM bong of life tick brings me back up and i mash Harmshield before they get their next combat round in. Managed to sit there DAed with them beating on me immune while i regained enough HP to FD when DA wore off... and then to my surprise...you have gained exp. the bond killed off the lord while i was DAed. FDed the other two frogs off and jumped up to loot....another fucking helm...but was an exciting fight.

Bubbles
07-27-2010, 05:39 PM
^^^^^

Anytime Yoite was in my group to kill Fire Giants it was an epic fight. Would main tank and still manage to KS the XP. The truest form of battlemage necro I have ever witnessed.

Uaellaen
07-27-2010, 05:54 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs091.ash2/37891_451270830305_676680305_6666238_1555786_n.jpg

Aeolwind
07-27-2010, 06:03 PM
All mine are from live:
Dozekar with 18 during Velious.
Aaryonar with 24 during Velious.
Trakanon with 18 during Kunark.
Talendor with 28 during Kunark. Enchanters & their pets were meleeing him down as he ran away lol.
Hoshkar with 24 during Kunark.
MOTG with 8 after the revamp.
Ragefire with 12 during Kunark. Night I did my epic lol.

rioisk
07-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Killing HGs in Rathe Mountains. Reclaim energy on pet to summon a new one when lo and behold what spawns right in front of me is Petrifin. He starts pounding on me. I start casting my 10 sec pet spell. Resist stun twice. Get spell off as he knocks me unconscious. Regen enough to get up before his next round of attacks. Pet taunts him off me right before his next barrage of attacks. Kill petrifin. Find bracer. Win

Ingrum
07-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Pets breaking mezzes in hate usually makes for some epic battles. Especially as the tank. Poor chanters and healers though.

Lazortag
07-28-2010, 12:39 AM
Man when I was in Unrest a while back I remember a fight where I was mezzing 3-4 mobs at once with constant adds for like five minutes straight. It was hellishly stressful, and by the very end a Greater Dark Bone got trained to us so I had to mez the shit out of the mobs while something about ten levels higher than us was beating on us (this was in the main room). We kill it, it drops "Dark Boned Bracer", and because I had no idea what it was I left it there and logged off.

Needless to say when I had to do my lambent bracers quest later, I was fucking pissed!

yaaaflow
07-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Plane of fear, a few months ago. We were clearing with 3 groups and went to pull the temple and ended up with 8+ mobs in camp. People died pretty quick but we camped out a couple clerics, and ended up with just all the aggro on me, my pet and notarg with a couple other people FDed out. Notarg peels all the mobs except one off me and starts kiting them around, I grind down the one amygd knight solo, peel off another one and start on it as our clerics start camping back in and get the ressing started. I get that mob down and another one part way as the raid recovers, and we pulled in the rest of the mobs one by one and just kept on clearing smoothly from there. Survived the whole way through it and took down a few fear mobs by myself to boot :)

Reiker
07-28-2010, 01:09 AM
Doesn't surprise me, Notarg's a fucking beast.

Bubbles
07-28-2010, 05:30 AM
awesome thread, needs more screenshots. :)