PDA

View Full Version : Monk question [Weapon choice]

Dualform
12-14-2013, 07:55 PM
I've currently got a Tranquil Staff and Runed Bolster Belt..

But I was wondering,

If I've currently got the Robe Of The Lost Circle but don't have either of the pipes for the whistling fists robe..

Would it be worth selling my Tranquil staff and getting the whistling fists robe? I'd have 20-25k left to spend on getting part of my epic done after MQ'ing the pipes and I could buy some replacement weapons for the time being.

What do you think?

Lojik
12-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Probably some other factors to consider as well. For each of the following that apply, I would lean more toward yes:
You are close to level 60
You do not have a fungi
You solo a lot or are often in groups lacking a haster(maybe, tstaff proc nice too)
You are in a guild that can do all the fights
You are good at swapping out items and clicking then removing quickly
You want more MR
You don't like being overweight and/or want to equip other heavy items
You know you will stick with the monk and not lose interest and roll another toon instead

If you decide to, you can still buy the pipes and then dual wield sos and ac(also a nice proc) and have pp left over

Trax
12-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Make some friends and finish your epic? You can 6man the entire thing for the most part.

Quanchi
12-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Don't sell the Tstaff. I'd keep it personally.

It really Isn't that hard to get the pipes imo. I got my KC pipe in the first group I was in lcy. I just pulled Pawbuster myself and that part was done.

If you have an extra 7-10k lying around you can pay the AE group that sits at chardok zone in for the MQ. I'm sure there is someone there with a pipe as we speak.

If you sell I guess you can get an SoS or Addy Club like I have and it works out pretty decent until epic and fists.

fyi Brother Balatin took me about 6 hours of ph's so be ready for that.