PDA

View Full Version : enabling armor dyes?

Smuuglie
07-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Wouldnt it be cool if we could dye our fine plate armor like in luclin? I know its not velious stuff, but for the sole aspect of changing armor colors, I'd really appreciate being able to color my armor...

Eyry
07-29-2010, 02:06 PM
No way, one of the best parts about classic is that when you see a color of a piece of armor, you know what they are wearing.

olderj
07-29-2010, 02:12 PM
I remember there being 2 ways to do this.

One was the "prismatic dye" that allowed you to actually pick the RGB levels you wanted on your armor. I think this came out with Leagacy of the Yeshka. Not sure if this would even be possible on the old school models.

The other was the crafted armor dyes that were a little more premitive. Not sure when those came out, but it was probably way before Yeshka (maybe luclin?). I remember these combines were relatively difficult to do in terms of material rarity and skill required.

It would be cool to be able to color armor, but i understand why others wouldn't like the idea. If someone worked his/her butt off to get some special, awesome armor he/she should get the reward of looking different from everyone else.

~huffle

astarothel
07-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Fine plate armour dyes were the first armour dyes added to the game.
They were added mid Kunark.

Messianic
07-29-2010, 02:22 PM

Which means we'll have a bunch of people running around with imitation rubicite around that time ;)

Smuuglie
07-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Which means we'll have a bunch of people running around with imitation rubicite around that time ;)

Hurray!

erasser
07-29-2010, 03:08 PM
No dyes please. I like seeing armor and knowing right away what it is.

azeth
07-29-2010, 03:16 PM

^this

Troy
07-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Weren't there dyes for fine plate and maybe even the cool racial armours available sometime during kunark-ish?

Messianic
07-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Weren't there dyes for fine plate and maybe even the cool racial armours available sometime during kunark-ish?

Already been mentioned ;)

guineapig
07-29-2010, 03:36 PM
And that's fine. Who cares if somebody runs around in Blue, purple or red fine plate armor?

Some people take gear in this game way too seriously.

Once Kunark comes out, these will be available.

mmiles8
07-29-2010, 04:06 PM

Dyes were within the scope of the project.

Some folks forget it's project 1999 and not project I do what I want.

Dantes
07-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Too bad we can't dye class armor. I wasn't too happy with the color of crafted, nor was I happy that all they did was apply color to the existing plate skin. Lame. Oh well, lame is classic!

Indicolite isn't half bad, and Cobalt looks cool.

Webwolf
07-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Fine plate dyes are classic and I like those. Armor dyes (using the prismatic dye crap) that allows you to dye any armor were introduced with LoY and those are pretty lame.

Troy
07-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Fine plate dyes are classic and I like those. Armor dyes (using the prismatic dye crap) that allows you to dye any armor were introduced with LoY and those are pretty lame.

Oh, I never played past Kunark or maybe a litle bit of Velious (I didn't buy it but I think it existed before I quit) and thought the fine plate dyes were what the OP and everyone else was talking about and hating on for some reason. This makes more sense.

Reiker
07-29-2010, 05:57 PM
The funny thing is that on live dyed fine plate was really expensive and sought after. On P99 I doubt anyone would use it cause the stats suck.

astarothel
07-29-2010, 06:43 PM
it was a kick in the dick to make :x

Farlis
07-29-2010, 10:15 PM
it honestly wasnt that bad to make depending on what color you wanted, i had a guildie who made fine plate and made me a chest piece i then proceeded to go and want it dyed. went all the way to perma to try and get the crystals. Was so proud of my light blue fine plate breastplate

Waedawen
07-29-2010, 10:16 PM
So not classic.

Reiker
07-29-2010, 10:34 PM
So not classic.

We established this. It was Kunark or so. Pretty sure I saw them being sold before Velious.

thxer
07-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Only reason we ever needed armor dyes, is because Luclin armor and char models were so shitty. I for one am REALLY looking forward to the Velious quest armors again!

acrisius
08-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Thurg Factioning forever:eek: The fight for giants to kill will be awsome!

Velious armor quests were by far the best combination of loot turn ins ever, MQ for your friends when you got extra pieces.

Jeice
08-02-2010, 02:37 PM
last thing we want is armor dyes being implemented. Luclin was a shit expansion for a number of reasons, this I belive was one.

Loke
08-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Fine plate, whatev - other dyes, no!

Don't want a bunch of immitation black and red armored monks rolling around come velious. Remember the second LoY went live every monk in the game was rocking the wanna-be Ancient Wyvern look.

Straif
08-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Dyes would be cool if you could make hue restrictions for certain types of armor..

i.e. Armor peice "X" can only be color 1, 2, or 3 or within a certain spectrum.

No fucking rainbow horseshit

guineapig
08-02-2010, 03:23 PM
This thread is fairly pointless. Any armor dye recipes that were available in Kunark and Velious (fine plate for example) will be available on this server when said expansions are released.

Any armor dye recipes that were not available before Luclin will not be live on this server.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.
It really doesn't matter what people like, don't like, want, don't want...