PDA

View Full Version : Everfrost Mobs

Seritaph
07-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Hiya,

New to the server, and I must say it's great fun. Started out in Everfrost/Halas area with a shaman. The newbie area and outside BB, basically the whole western side of the zone, is great. Pretty much how I remember it. Nicely done team!

Problem is when I explore the middle of the zone, ravine and hill just beyond where Bandl sits, it seems a little empty. If I recall correctly that area used to have a lot more mobs in the way of snow leopards, spiders, orc snow troopers, etc. I remember camping spawns there looking for silks, bracers, pelts and tusks when I outgrew the newb area.

Is there any chance this area will eventually be more populated with these types of mobs in the future?

mmiles8
07-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Likely a pathing issue, track shows an appropriate amount of mobs in the area. Try posting in the bug forum and seeing what comes of it.

mgellan
07-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Actually, I just created a shammy in EF as well and even running out of the Halas ramp ravine to where the PoK book was in Live seems terribly empty of mobs, whereas on live you were constantly having to pull to the wall and hope you didn't get a skelly, wolf or two along with your bear. Perhaps just a repop is warranted but sure seems empty to me compared to constant traffic on every live server. I had a LOT of barb toons over the years so EF is really home to me!

Regards,
Mg

mmiles8
07-30-2010, 12:51 PM
I had the experience you described when I made my character and ran there to play with my friend at the beginning of June, I wonder if some mobs are under the world. Yeah post in bugs.

Mady
07-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Started barb war in april. Seemed to be about what I remembered.

But, then, I have drank lots of beer and slept a few times since then.

Humerox
07-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Seemed to me to be about the appropriate amount of mobs. You remembering after live bumped up the newbie spawns, maybe?

Seritaph
07-30-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't know, perhaps the mobs went on vacation. When I went to the area I outlined I saw 1 orc trooper, 2 small mammoths standing completely still in place, and a spiderling who probably lost it's way. No snow leapoards, no bigger spiders, no skellies. I guess I just remember there being more. On my server (Karana) people would always hunt near that hill and run to Bandl when they were in trouble. There were always 1 or 2 people sitting near him licking their wounds.

Messianic
07-30-2010, 02:29 PM
As someone who loved everfrost (my first eq character ever was a barb), I remember there were hordes of mobs running around the various chasms - there definitely *seems* to be fewer nowadays. But that's just from memory...

mmiles8
07-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Like I said, as of a month ago the everfrost newbie area was like mgellan said it should be. So if she's there, and there aren't mobs pathing by swarming so often that you never have to pull, it's not a hypothetical issue of whether the server is accurate to some standard of live, but rather a question of where the mobs are. They're there, just probably under the world.

bakkily
07-30-2010, 03:05 PM
For me when doing everfrost on my shaman, killed in the beggining area off of the ramp to lvl 3 or so, then started to kill goblins if i found a single, about lvl 4 i grouped with others killing goblins

then at lvl 5-6 solo did the two gnolls guarding bb, at lvl 6 i went and did bb to 9, but really you can stick to bb to lvl 15 or so, and as far as starting to lvl 15+ in everfrost, im not sure what you can do, but lvl 25-30ish or higher theres plenty to do in everfrsost solo on a shaman

Overcast
07-30-2010, 04:05 PM
The area over by the ice goblin igloos seems to always have a good supply.

But - yeah... maybe seemed to have a few less 'normal' mobs than I recall and more Vengefuls.

Me and my 'good ideas' - decided @ level 3 to go from Qeynos to Halas to hunt. Found out none of the vendors like SK's - and ended up with about 12 bodies all around trying to get back to the BB zone.

Melee corpse runs should be a game unto themselves, lol

jeffd
07-30-2010, 05:16 PM
noticed this same issue when i was in feerrott and innothule. on live they were absolutely swarming with mobs, but now it seems completely empty other than a few hotspots where paths cross.

Seritaph
07-30-2010, 05:38 PM
... then at lvl 5-6 solo did the two gnolls guarding bb, at lvl 6 i went and did bb to 9, but really you can stick to bb to lvl 15 or so, and as far as starting to lvl 15+ in everfrost, im not sure what you can do, but lvl 25-30ish or higher theres plenty to do in everfrsost solo on a shaman

Thanks for the tip.

Yeah I'm hanging around the BB area, killing the guards outside and inside the tunnel just before the zone line. I'll also look for some goblin igloos as they seem to be well populated. Like I said, these areas are great, and I'm finding plenty to do, I just wanted to point out where I think there might be a problem.

Traderseven
07-31-2010, 01:19 AM
But - yeah... maybe seemed to have a few less 'normal' mobs than I recall and more Vengefuls.

This brought an idea to my attention, there is a chance that the pathing of all the "normal" mobs are messed up (as said before). The vengefuls have a very direct and specific route that they take, making their path unique. This could be a reason why there are "so many" of them, but in reality there are just enough, just less "normal" mobs. I still think the under the world idea is quite plausible.

bakkily
07-31-2010, 02:17 AM
k so yea jsut do what i told you yea can do to get to 6, then bb isnt bad to do up to 10, most people there dont go higher then that, then you can do snow orc troopers 9-12, and giant wooley spiders, id say do those from 8-14,

next id say about 12i/15ish mammoth calfs, at 15 you can do snow orc shamans, orcish mountaineers 15-19, 20-30 a wooley mammoth, and can make good plat, i believe they drop tusk worth 10 plat each, glacier bears 29-34ish id say

come back when 44+ for ice giants

other wise lvling stick to bb to 10 or 15 if you can, or at 12 go to oasis till 17 or so, and upguk 17-25, can do to 30, then also mm is always busy from 22-30, once about 27 go to sol a, best area 27-35,

at 30 you can solo paw entrance, great exp solo, once you get 25+ youll have it figured out where to lvl up

bakkily
07-31-2010, 02:19 AM
but being a barb shaman, you can stick to here easily to 25, for me personally at 15 i got full banded, didnt start to get armor really till 30+