PDA

View Full Version : How many people play?

Majestical
07-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Sorry... I been debating going and grabing a copy of the Titanium... Since i have all expansions from the Everquest out now... It just kinda seems odd to me to waste 80$ on grabbing the Titanium... I know you can just get SoD Cd's but i alrdy digitally Dl'd that to my everquest game...

Question 1: Are there alot of people that are playing this? because if i invest into it.. I would love to get into the old raid scene, and be at the top of the game as i was back in the day, and if no one's hardly playing id pretty much be wasting 80$ on a game that i'm soloing.

Question 2: Does this game every get updated in a sense of having like new item's added.. no things Tweaked or, is this planned to be the same game for the next 10 yrs with nothing added or edited? By this i don't mean hotfix's..

Question 3: I know originally you had to purchase the Titanium or SoD, and i think EoF to be able to play... Have you guys implemented this so my Digitally DL'd copies will work? just a curiousity question.

Anyhow... Everquest rocked back in the day, and if i can get the magic of that fun time back - it will be greatly worth the 80$'s....

Thanks

P.S. My typeing sucks... Sorry in advance. :rolleyes:

Serrack
07-30-2010, 03:44 PM
For question 3, bittorrent is your friend. (pretty sure the setup instructions even lead you in this direction?)

I'll leave the other questions to the vets.

mgellan
07-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Normal prime time population is over 800 peaking at 900 currently. I suspect when Kunark opens all the raiders on hiatus and ikky-lovers will swell the population to 1500 or so...

Regards,
Mg

Majestical
07-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Yea i do that, and everytime i go to DL the client... i Get the Page error thing like im not getting a file.

azeth
07-30-2010, 03:50 PM
I'll leave the other questions to the vets.

I am not a vet, but I wanna chime in.

There are ~900 ppl peak that play during primetime (seems to be 6pm est-11pm est). Raid scene is crowded, but truthfully I cannot speak to it as I haven't raided yet.

More importantly, Kunark isn't out yet so you'd be here in time to cap at 50 and start Kunark fresh like everyone else.

Majestical
07-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Ok, i figured out how to DL from a torrent, lol... Sorry total noob to that kind of stuff.

Majestical
07-30-2010, 03:57 PM
When does they launch each expansion? is there a certain amount of time? - this is directed at azeth or anyone who may know, and what expansion is it going to stop at?

Rogean
07-30-2010, 03:58 PM
How many people play?

Over 9000.

Bigfatty
07-30-2010, 03:58 PM
I think they are going with the Classic timeline also.

Majestical
07-30-2010, 03:59 PM
cool, and so if i DL this client off the setup guide, i wont have to puchase anything correct?

Overcast
07-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Not unusual to see 300~400 even on an early Saturday morning.

Dunes
07-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Majestical,

Im getting ready to start as well. Dont want to hijack this thread, but what race/class you thinking? Might be a good chance to duo to ease the leveling pains

Majestical
07-30-2010, 04:33 PM
ill be playing a Bard

HippoNipple
07-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Just so you guys know you can find groups level 1-50 easy. Tons of people playing, if anything you might have problems with finding things to kill once you have a group because its crowded unless you go to your 2nd or 3rd choice hunting spots.

Dunes
07-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Hippo,

Good to hear. I was pretty thrilled to see an EQEmu server with 400+ players at any given hour. When I first got the EQ urge (happens every few years but I have fought it off) and started checking out the Emu options, P99 was perfect - classic (itemization destroyed EQ live imho).

Majestical,

Im leaning towards Paladin and Warrior right now. I would love to go warrior, but we would need one more healer atleast, or 2 more (healer and int caster). Guess we can see who we bump into, but im likely going to hoof it to a familiar zone (Qeynos, BB, Karanas and on) since it has been so long.

Apposite
07-30-2010, 05:16 PM
I'd be interested in playing with you guys, just started myself and I usually play healers - I could go for a cleric if you fancied some healerish company?

Arclanz
07-30-2010, 06:23 PM
As a lvl 14 chanter, I'll outline my experiences:

solo 1 to perhaps 7. Nice folks at the gates will give an occasional buff or even an item!

After that get in an orc camp in EC. That worked for a couple levels. After that, it's not that easy to group..I've solod the vast majority of the time. But I also haven't walked up and asked to join every group. Other than that orc camp, most groups I've seen are "guild lowbie groups." Meaning it's their twinks and others usually aren't welcome.

This is the most classic experience you will get; but you will also see plenty of PL'n and twinks here.

That aside, it is still a thrill to play old EQ. And if you play a group-required class like tank or cleric then you will most certainly get more groups than I.

I did meet a few cool folks to group with in befallen around lvl 8 or so; but haven't seen them online since.

I'd say I bump into 1/3rd cool people and 2/3 snobs.

My honest assessment.

Lazortag
07-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Sorry... I been debating going and grabing a copy of the Titanium... Since i have all expansions from the Everquest out now... It just kinda seems odd to me to waste 80$ on grabbing the Titanium... I know you can just get SoD Cd's but i alrdy digitally Dl'd that to my everquest game...

Question 1: Are there alot of people that are playing this? because if i invest into it.. I would love to get into the old raid scene, and be at the top of the game as i was back in the day, and if no one's hardly playing id pretty much be wasting 80$ on a game that i'm soloing.

It doesn't cost 80$ - Amazon puts the price between like 30 and 55 dollars.

edit: Also, for me, the server honestly feels like back when I used to play (except I started around when Kunark was released). Depending on the time of day, there can be no groups, lots of groups not looking for more (aka overcrowded zones), or everything in between.

Dunes
07-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Apposite,

An untwinked fatty warrior might be a mana sink for ya! ;)

Just got hom from work and guess what... EQ Titanium package is still "Out for Delivery" /sigh tempted to call UPS and chase down their driver lol

StinkyGreenBud
07-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Err i can't remember but when i first started i know at least for a fact i didn't have to pay for titanium. I downloaded it for free from here. The starters guide i believe.

Lazortag
07-30-2010, 09:04 PM
yeah, but if it's not legal in your jurisdiction you probably shouldn't download it (giving Sony even more of a reason to demolish us)

Arclanz
08-01-2010, 01:21 PM
I suspect the rarity of titanium is keeping this server from swelling to much bigger numbers. I personally couldn't find titanium for under $100 and wrote off this emu...til a friend of mine at work saw me at this site and said he had titanium disks laying around.