PDA

View Full Version : New Player Gear Questions

Ifeign
01-04-2014, 04:29 PM
So I recently started here, back when I played EQ my main was a monk so I am rolling my monk has my first toon here, I figured it would also be a good choice since they do well early on without much gear.

My question tho is what gear should I be saving and trying to pick up first? I came across a friendly player who gave me Wu's Q staff, but what gear would be the best bang for my buck as a new player?

Thanks in advance

Varren
01-04-2014, 06:41 PM
best thing you can do is grab a pair of platinum fire wedding rings (5ac, 55hp). makes leveling much safer and easier. you can pick them up for 250p each in ecommons.

Mandalore93
01-04-2014, 10:01 PM
For low level melee, getting a weapon is where it's at. Plus you can make good money by hunting wisps.

drktmplr12
01-08-2014, 04:00 PM
I would make sure you attempt to level 1hb and hand to hand periodically also. Preferably when grouped. Spend skill points in mend early on, and try to level it at quick as you can, it will stop failing at 100 (possible by level 20)

DrKvothe
01-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Do you intend to solo and/or group dps or do you intend to tank? Wu's Quivering staff is fairly cheap, and from lvl 10+ (20 before the dmg cap comes completely off) it's a fantastic dps weapon. Master Wu's Trance Stick x2 is also great dps but will hold aggro much better.

I'd get a wu's quivering staff, 5/55 ring x2, a full set of cured silk, and a large soiled bag, in that order. After that, gear for ac/hp and weight. Cheap upgrades include Fine Silk Turban, Sarnak-Hide Mask, Azure Sleeves, and Glowing Bone Collar.

Beyond these things, your first big purchase will be FBSS.