PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Alt Idea

kingsBlend
01-05-2014, 06:24 AM
After 3 years I finally hit 60 on my first character. I am considering my first alt to be a paladin but I have this urge to strictly level off of evil faction NPC's such as guards. Obviously I will not be able to begin my purge right off the bat(can I?) but my question for all of you pally experts is at what level and where will I be able to start this? And, will I be able to do this until 60? And I am fully aware that it took me 3 years to get an Enchanter to 60 and I am considering a Paladin.

tl;dr can i solo to strictly 60 off of evil npc's

Thank you in advance :D:D

Buriedpast
01-05-2014, 07:25 AM
Natural enemy of paladins is frogloks. Everyone knows this. They're talking frogs, much worse than undead.

So yes, inno, guk, lguk, seb.

Daldaen
01-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Evils.. Do you include undead?

Decaying Skeletons - 1-4
Befallen - 4-12
Unrest - 12-30
LGuk - 30-52
Charasis / Karnor's - 52-60

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-05-2014, 11:08 AM
The scope of what you're looking for is fairly broad but here goes:
1-5: strictly decaying skeles for evil forces eradication. Turn in bone chips for level 8.
8-12: regular skeletons. Most newb zones have a skele section apart from the newbie yard.
13-16: bandits or going to unrest. Maximum evil in these areas.
17-25: Nektulos wandering guards + golems. Could also do undead gnolls in Ek or lake rathe.
26-32: sola requires you to did their mines of goblins. Do their bidding.
33-55: evil guards. Can likely get a few single pulls near the zone line and I believe the guards here are level 30. Supplant grobb or oggok in here at your own risk. Could also do spectres in either oot, oasis (severely camped), feerrott or qeynos catacombs.
56+: undead in kc?

Good luck kbizzle. If it wasn't for your convenient bind spot along the north wall in dl and your frequent deaths I would have never made it as far as I have :)

kingsBlend
01-05-2014, 02:01 PM
I should have mentioned in my OP that if EQ lore considers the mob evil then they are KoS to me :P I am also not going to help any player I feel is evil aligned and will gladly help but not xp with who I feel is worthy. Just trying to spice things up this time around. Heh maybe I should roll red :eek:

Natural enemy of paladins is frogloks. Everyone knows this. They're talking frogs, much worse than undead.

So yes, inno, guk, lguk, seb.

I never knew that! TY! This will prob be the deepest into EQ lore I'll get.

Evils.. Do you include undead?

Decaying Skeletons - 1-4
Befallen - 4-12
Unrest - 12-30
LGuk - 30-52
Charasis / Karnor's - 52-60

Thank you :D Exactly what I had in mind..

The scope of what you're looking for is fairly broad but here goes:
1-5: strictly decaying skeles for evil forces eradication. Turn in bone chips for level 8.
8-12: regular skeletons. Most newb zones have a skele section apart from the newbie yard.
13-16: bandits or going to unrest. Maximum evil in these areas.
17-25: Nektulos wandering guards + golems. Could also do undead gnolls in Ek or lake rathe.
26-32: sola requires you to did their mines of goblins. Do their bidding.
33-55: evil guards. Can likely get a few single pulls near the zone line and I believe the guards here are level 30. Supplant grobb or oggok in here at your own risk. Could also do spectres in either oot, oasis (severely camped), feerrott or qeynos catacombs.
56+: undead in kc?

Good luck kbizzle. If it wasn't for your convenient bind spot along the north wall in dl and your frequent deaths I would have never made it as far as I have :)

Lmao glad I can help! TY for the info friend!

A typical day in the life of the Bizzle. Pimpin really aint easy ya know ;-) Not sure who you were but many many many NWall groups got some naked Bizzle love at that spot!!

I appreciate it guys, this is exactly what I was looking for! I had an idea for this already I just wanted to see what the general consensus was on this type of thing.

My last question I think I have is what Deity should I choose for a Human Paladin that will make me KoS to everything Evil? Will all my choices be like that or is there a supreme Holy Deity. I haven't even looked at the choices yet so I'm not even sure what my options are.

Once again TY all :D

Robdukes
01-05-2014, 02:17 PM
I wanted to start in Freeport, and looking at the Human cultural armor the Mith Marr stuff looked nice so that's what I chose. It was hard not going with half elf Tunare considering the Natures Defender in Velious though.

Are you dead set on Human?

kaev
01-05-2014, 03:51 PM
I wanted to start in Freeport, and looking at the Human cultural armor the Mith Marr stuff looked nice so that's what I chose. It was hard not going with half elf Tunare considering the Natures Defender in Velious though.

Hate to disappoint you, but the Mith Marr cultural isn't generally worth while. Takes an imbued diamond for every piece attempted (although a high enough smith probably would have no more than a couple failures for a full set).

Check diamond prices in EC, and, if you're serious, acquire the diamonds you need, find a Mith Marr cleric you can trust or level one to 29 yourself to do the imbues. Have a few extra diamonds ready to account for randomly failed combines (don't imbue them unless necessary tho, as if you don't need them you can sell off the raw diamonds but there is no market for imbued diamonds.) Then find a high skill human blacksmith you're willing to trust (mine, for instance :P) (or invest a nice pile of platinum training up your own smith) and you'll be able to have your ridiculously expensive but not actually high-end armor set.

Also, Nature's Defender is nice if you don't want to do the Paladin epic quest, but not all that interesting if you do the epic.

Robdukes
01-05-2014, 04:03 PM
The armor wasn't the reason I made the Paladin. I was making one anyways and I decided on a Human and that I wanted to start in Freeport.

As far as differences in the religions when your creating your character I couldn't find many. Only differences I could tell were the ones I mentioned. The cultural armor and the Natures Defender.

*afterwards I discovered the faction work required for Ro Armor and Epic. Wouldn't have changed my mind anyways but figured I'd mention it for anyone looking into the paladin religions.

I have a full suit of high elf cultural on my bard that I rarely play anymore. I may sell the armor to fund my paladins armor.

Potus
01-05-2014, 04:17 PM
What is evil?

kingsBlend
01-05-2014, 04:28 PM
What is evil?

Its dat feel man. Dat sixth sense. You just know man.

I was either going Human Or High Elf and my main is HIE so gonna try a different pixel experience :cool:

kingsBlend
01-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Okay I think this choice sums it up for me, I guess I could have read it first :P

http://i.imgur.com/g56Xe5X.jpg

Any Pally experts have any warnings on this choice? I was told it really doesn't matter.