PDA

View Full Version : Bard swarm/charm kiting?

Tann
01-08-2014, 07:50 PM
I've not seen much mention of this compared to all the aoe kiting threads, but does this work the same as it did on live?

Myself and other bards I knew on live referred to it as swarm kiting but might go by a different name, basic principle is:
- pull small group of mobs (4-6 iirc)
- charm one and have it attack another, mobs "swarm" on pet
- mob gets low/charm wears off, charm a different mob
- run way out of range so all mobs turn on new pet, previous pet wont do this until your quite far away.
- rinse and repeat till all are either low or easy enough to pick up with single target DoT's

I kept the groups small because if I had too many to swarm on the pet it would die before charm dropped. Other than single target DoT stacking this was the only way I really solo'd on live and wondering if other folks did this as well, and does this work the same here? Probably not faster than aoe kiting but incredibly safe and steady exp.

Calabee
01-08-2014, 08:35 PM
this is the classic ''swarm'' kiting, not the pathethic unclassic (needed extended notes PoP AA) AoE bard kiting.

And to answer you.. it's weird, it takes a while for the mobs to beat on your pet, but at some point they do. It's NOT like it was on live for sure, but it's still practicable.

Tann
01-08-2014, 11:12 PM
this is the classic ''swarm'' kiting, not the pathethic unclassic (needed extended notes PoP AA) AoE bard kiting.

And to answer you.. it's weird, it takes a while for the mobs to beat on your pet, but at some point they do. It's NOT like it was on live for sure, but it's still practicable.

have to get 8 more levels till the first charm song but

http://fatguywithglasses.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/challenge_accepted.png

Mandalore93
01-11-2014, 12:22 AM
You can do it by pulling using social aggro but if you cast on a mob then they never aggro correctly in my experience