PDA

View Full Version : Bard Kiting

Darkyle
01-14-2014, 08:22 PM
So I am level 30 on my bard, haven't played in awhile but I jumped back on him and pull a small kite to begin with to relearn the technique.

Something I noticed, while kiting in FV - drolvargs, being a mouse turner sometimes my mouse will "jolt" or "spin" a certain degree and sometimes this spins me right around into the pack.

Tried several different mice and still get the same problem... cleaned the surface etc and still it occurs.

Is this a known thing with bards? How do you prevent it / work with it?

I appreciate any feedback.

Rhambuk
01-14-2014, 08:41 PM
I've never heard of this mouse jolt id guess its just lag...

Mandalore93
01-14-2014, 08:41 PM
I have a mouse meant for competitive fps. I've never been able to fix that problem unless I death grip it. I find strafe kiting very doable and much more enjoyable than using selo.

Darkyle
01-14-2014, 08:47 PM
also, before anyone says it's due to amount of mobs being pulled, this was with a pack of 4 mobs only.

By strafe kiting you mean no movement speed buffs and just W+Eing and keeping your dot active?

Mandalore93
01-14-2014, 09:05 PM
Yep! Only zones I had issues with it were south karana because of the centaurs. Also the dread lands are difficult unless you pull back to the spires. If you really want to use selo, try stuttering with it. I only had issues with the twitch when I was doing it in tight circles

Darkyle
01-14-2014, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the tip - going to give it a shot tomorrow as it's very late on my time.

Hope this works as I enjoyed swarming a lot and the bard :)

JayN
01-14-2014, 09:56 PM
is it a wireless mouse?

They suck bawls because the reason you mentioned in every game ive played.

Go old school get a wire

hopped
01-14-2014, 10:02 PM
I am failing at strafe kiting myself using the level 2 DoT in general. I can't seem to get strafe kiting down as the DoT only seems to hand as the pack jumps me.

Darkyle
01-14-2014, 10:38 PM
is it a wireless mouse?

They suck bawls because the reason you mentioned in every game ive played.

Go old school get a wire

I have a wired one, it's the naga razer. DPI isn't too high either so that isn't the cause... Just wondering when people zone in and out, could that be causing it due to me maybe syncing with the server or perhaps does the game have some kinda p2p sharing with loading zones?

Just throwing some ideas out there...

Laok
01-15-2014, 12:05 AM
this has happened to me on every computer, with every mouse, and in every era of EQ.

I think as you turn, there is a hesitation because the game has to draw all the new stuff you're seeing. I'm pretty sure it's just video lag. Sometimes I'll turn 180 degrees.

Darkyle
01-15-2014, 12:09 AM
this has happened to me on every computer, with every mouse, and in every era of EQ.

I think as you turn, there is a hesitation because the game has to draw all the new stuff you're seeing. I'm pretty sure it's just video lag. Sometimes I'll turn 180 degrees.

Thanks for the input.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from an old game now... I forget that this game was designed for much older pc's and that with all the new technology we have now I don't realise certain aspects don't scale well.

I've been googling and found a much better way to do kiting I just need to get on and practicing :)