PDA

View Full Version : Cleric questions..

luckynclover
08-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Hello, i have always played a healer in mmorpgs except when i played eq1 back in the day. Let me preface this by saying i played eq1 from right after kunark came out till a lil bit after luclin.(basicly when eq2 came out)

Im very interested in playing a cleric and i am wondering how difficult are they to solo? Is it a situation where it can be done just really slow? or is it a situation where it is completly impossible? Reason why im asking about soloing is because i can play ay odd times on and off again depending on whats going on during the day.

If they can be solod any advice would be appreciate such as techniques, rotations, gearing advice and professions i should take. thank you kindly.

azeth
08-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Is it a situation where it can be done just really slow?

Yes!

You'll rarely need to worry about finding groups though :)

Troy
08-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Fight against undead if at all possible, makes soloing much easier. It's still slow though.

sidgb
08-02-2010, 05:56 PM
I solo my cleric. And yes, kill undead.

Noleafclover
08-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Paineel guards would be a good cleric solo spot, I'm told. And my monk kills 'em pretty fast, they all do seem to have a little less HP than ave. for their respective levels.

The nice thing is I believe guards as low as 15-20 and up to 35 or so. Decent money.

As has been said... kill only undead or it'll be abyssmal.

As far as technique, it's pretty much root and (undead) nuke. Use lull to get singles just like a group.

Gear is only going to help you take multiple mobs consecutively before med breaks, or a higher level mob. It can only increase your mana pool, not your med rate or anything else that will greatly increase your solo rate.

luckynclover
08-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Thank you all for the replies..so undead and it will be slow, got it im ok with that i just have to research a good leveling path. is allah still a good site to look up mobs by lvl and ect? or is it outdated and a better site?

Bubbles
08-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Picking a cleric to solo in EQ is like buying an airline to eat peanuts.

You're making like difficult on yourself for no real reason. Either pick a cleric to duo with a mag/nec/enc/war/monk/sk/pal/wiz etc... Or heal in a full group.. Or pick a class that can actually solo effectively.

Picking a cleric to solo for xp gain is like playing an enchanter and only memming root and nuke. You'll ding eventually, but god there are easier ways.

p.s. You'll bind in front of Unrest in Dagnar's Cauldron from level 14-40. You sure you're up for that?

luckynclover
08-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Picking a cleric to solo in EQ is like buying an airline to eat peanuts.

You're making like difficult on yourself for no real reason. Either pick a cleric to duo with a mag/nec/enc/war/monk/sk/pal/wiz etc... Or heal in a full group.. Or pick a class that can actually solo effectively.

Picking a cleric to solo for xp gain is like playing an enchanter and only memming root and nuke. You'll ding eventually, but god there are easier ways.

p.s. You'll bind in front of Unrest in Dagnar's Cauldron from level 14-40. You sure you're up for that?

sure im not going to be power gaming it as my wife still makes me play...that other game with her so ill be playing this game casually. I just want a class that will be needed end game whenever i do get there and have time to do it. I typically play needed classes in mmorpgs eq1 i was a complete noob never knew what i was doing, in eq2 i was a templar in wow my main was a resto shaman, and now im leveling a protection paladin. So i tend to that sorta role.

Zhaige
08-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Every class has their use end-game. If you play casually, and plan on soloing as a cleric, don't plan on reaching end-game anytime soon. Play a class you can enjoy soloing. Cleric soloing is tedious and counter-productive. If you want to reach end-game while playing casually, try playing a Necro or a Shaman. Both are useful end-game and both can solo well.

Also, whoever says finding groups is easy, laff. 40+ there are few group spots, and there is usually an abundance of clerics that level. If you aren't lucky getting in one of those spots and don't have a duo partner, have fun sitting around twiddling your thumbs.

thxer
08-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Pretty much what Zhaige said. You really don't want to try soloing to 50 as a cleric. =(

Holey
08-03-2010, 02:39 AM
Who has to solo now days? just get pleveled :D

luckynclover
08-03-2010, 12:10 PM
welp after reading over stuff ive decided to pass on the cleric and go druid. based on soloability and the fact that i can still effectivly heal at cap. So now im Lehua halfling druidess lol. thanks for the advice all.