PDA

View Full Version : Weapon combo for pulling vs. recent change to proc weapons

TheFishyOne
01-20-2014, 08:06 AM
'ey guys.

Generally, I keep 2 weapon sets on my Monk to keep his weapon skills current; a Wu's Quivering Staff for 2hb, and a trance stick + Cane of Harmony for 1hb (My DW skill is maxxed). I mathed out the 2 sets' DPS according to the formulae on the DPS spreadsheet, and determined that my WQS beats my tance stick + Cane combo by about .06 DPS at my level IF you don't take the proc into account. With v31, tho the proc rate of all weapon mods was set to 0. Does anyone know what effect this change has on the procrate of a trance stick (if any), and do any of you more experienced Monks believe that the weight decrease from using this DW combo outweighs (pun unintended) the DPS decrease from not using WQS? I usually end up MTing groups I'm in, but with my inability to hold aggro without root, I have begun requesting that someone else like a ranger tank in the absence of a War/Pally/SK, so that I can pull for the group.

Also, it's been suggested that I lose the trance stick entirely, and put the Cane in my MH and barefist my OH. I tried this, and it seemed like a DPS decrease due to the slower MH speed, and therefor, less frequent DW procs. I'll have to do the math later today, once I am properly caffinated.

TL;DR - Do the recent changes to proc weapons make Trance Sticks more or less attractive? For a Monk puller in a group, would you guys go with a heavier, but harder hitting WQS, or a lighter DW combo that can proc Smite?

snwbrdr642
01-20-2014, 12:21 PM
I would like to know what

Nilbog: All weapon procrate mods set to zero.

actually means

davedeck42
01-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Some weapons had higher innate proc rates, the dev's apparently figured out this wasnt the case so adjusted it accordingly.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-20-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm pretty sure there were only like 5 weps that had a proc rate mod%. This 0's them all off. Trance stick did not have that mod.