PDA

View Full Version : Freeport Faction

Tugobim
08-03-2010, 12:19 PM
What is the best way for an Ogre to gain access into Freeport ?

Are turning in the deathfist slashed belts the best way to go ?

guineapig
08-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Don't forget there are 2 versions of this quest (good evil) and multiple Freeport factions.

Different guards in habit the three Freeport zones so the answer to your question isn't quite so black and white.

In other words, it depends on what the different guards con to you now. Start with raising the faction with the KoS ones and then you have to balance out with whichever ones were dubious to you. Chances are if you are an agnostic or Rallos Zek worshiping ogre you are already dubious in certain areas.

Kazzok
08-03-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm a Rallos Zek shaman and I started out as scowls to both Freeport Militia and Knights/Priests/Bards in the North. AFAIK I was indiff to Arcane Scientists even before I started factioning.

IMHO, it's better to get your faction up with Knights of Truth and Priests or Marr (NFP, basically) first, because they have the bank and a good deal of trading takes place there. Then kill in MM for a level or two and you'll be pretty much done in NFP. Depending on your class, I'm not sure if it's worth it to go back and fix faction with the Militia. I'm not sure if I'm going to myself.

Edit: to answer your question more specifically, I started killing orcs in EC as early as possible and actually got access to NFP through the tunnel well before I turned in my first DF slashed belt - but if you have a few PP buy some belts and a wolf form and turn them in to Cain Darkmoore 2 at a time IIRC for NFP factions (still be careful in NFP afterwards, because there are other factions up there besides the Knights of Truth)

Webwolf
08-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Be online when the next paladin kills Sir Lucan and hit him once just before he dies. You will become instant warmly with North Freeport and will be able to use the tunnels to gain access to the bank and merchants. It's that easy.

Tugobim
08-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Excellent thank you. All I really want is to gain access to the bank/merchants so NFP sounds like the best idea.

fuji
08-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Be online when the next paladin kills Sir Lucan and hit him once just before he dies. You will become instant warmly with North Freeport and will be able to use the tunnels to gain access to the bank and merchants. It's that easy.

Wow, those freeportians really fucking hate Sir Lucan.

Tenurn
08-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Anyone going to kill Sir Lucan tonight? I would love to bank in FP also.

guineapig
08-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm pretty sure he's a once a week kind of guy.

Tenurn
08-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Bugger thought he was a 4hr spawn. That change must of come in during epics. Anyone know what the current schedule for Sir Lucan's death is?

Webwolf
08-04-2010, 02:37 PM
He is on a one week spawn timer. He was killed last saturday at arround 1-2pm EST.

Malrubius
08-04-2010, 02:41 PM

Just curious, but what does that do for your WFP and EFP guard factions?

Virtuosos
08-04-2010, 03:00 PM
WRECKS it lol. when i got soulfire about 4months ago, the guild im in killed him for me (being i was lvl 34 at the time lol) and the people who were good with west and east freeport .... well they werent any longer :p

Webwolf
08-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Yes it will trash your freeport militia faction.

Lusst
08-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Where is the turn-in NPC located? Zam says that post-changes, he is near the Arena. Is this accurate in classic?

Brut
08-08-2010, 05:01 PM
You can get the Nfp pally faction up best by running into the little tavern at EFP near the gates, there's a bard standing on a table there. Give him some gold and you get faction ups with bards + pallys. There's a few militia faction guys in the bar too, but they were all green at 50 and nothing roams near enough to aggro. He takes your gold even if he's KOS. Takes a good lot of turn-ins though, so Lucan killing is also a good idea.

You can get FPMilitia faction up by doing the gnoll/orc scalp quest in Highpass. Again, you can do this even if KOS, long as the turn-in captains are green cons (which they were at 50). Couple of stacks and you should be there.

Merchants (CoalitionofTradefolk NOT CoalitionofTradefolkUnderground which is the rogue guild) is harder to raise. You can do it by either doing Rebby's Rat Whiskers, which requires some cunning tricks to do the turn-ins to the most likely kos rogue guildmaster (and a TON OF TON OF TON OF whiskers... I turned in like 10+ stacks of em and they're only threateningly). If you can hire some newbie to run em for you, go for it. Another way to get this faction up would be a quest in Erudin, where you just run around a short distance in the palace saying a phrase and turning in a potion. The hard bit with this quest ofc is that the erudites are likely to be kos, and when you do the quest, they get more kos. The guy you get the item from is a guildmaster, and there's roaming guildmasters nearby... Invis gets you around noprob, and you can do the turn-in without a hassle seeing that the turn-in guy and the fellows surrounding him are all merchants, so they won't aggro. So if you're SK/shm/warrior with cobalt greaves, this is possible - you just need to survive the inconvenient invis drops.

Gibcarver
09-04-2010, 09:22 PM
My roomate Burr just needs the lucan kill for his soulfire. We were hoping to kill him this morning(was told he would be spawning around 7:30ampst) but he hadn't spawned yet by the time Burr had to work. If he is up tonight though everyone is welcome to touch the meanie for some faction.