PDA

View Full Version : attracting more people....

iasus
08-03-2010, 01:33 PM
I've seen a few threads on here about trying to attract other people to play original EQ. Before I discovered this emulator I had been looking at this website http://eqclassic.org/index.php where these people seem to be building the game from the ground up. The big thing is that they have a lot of people visiting the website. I was just throwing this out there in case any of the developers here or more veteran people think it would be wise to see if we could tap into that resource possibly by dropping a thread in their general chat or something.

nilbog
08-03-2010, 01:36 PM
That is in no way a new idea.

Don't advertise our project on their forums please. :)

Bubbles
08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Far more of us here are refugees from those message boards than you think. Believe me, the word got out just fine. :)

clacbec
08-03-2010, 04:04 PM
i m not sure if we really need more really
G'

Reiker
08-03-2010, 04:05 PM
All those guys are idiots so dunno why you'd want them here.

guineapig
08-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Try showing more leg... that often works. :p

Bumamgar
08-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Try showing more leg... that often works. :p

Have you seen Nilbog's legs? :eek:

guineapig
08-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Have you seen Nilbog's legs? :eek:

I take it back... :o

askme19k
08-03-2010, 04:22 PM
They don't allow topics concerning other classic projects, your topic will just be locked/deleted.

HippoNipple
08-03-2010, 05:17 PM
All those guys are idiots so dunno why you'd want them here.

Lol but you think everyone is an idiot. Anyways it would be nice to have some newbies for these PvP events so I could actually kill someone with my 25 necro.

Bubbles
08-04-2010, 05:31 AM
Lol but you think everyone is an idiot. Anyways it would be nice to have some newbies for these PvP events so I could actually kill someone with my 25 necro.

Reiker's right here..

Swing on their board and check out the Class Discussion threads. It's positively jaw-dropping.

Lelroni
08-04-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm a registered member on that eqclassic forum, but I don't really take part in any discussions. I signed up before I found out about P99. And as of now I only post to try to find others from my old server (Lanys). I bumped a lanys-server thread on there forum the other day and mentioned I was playing on Project 1999 and it seems they have an auto word replacement system, it replaced it with "EQEMU EQEMU" or some crap. I think they also moderate every single post before it gets posted, i.e. it needs approval before they'll show it on the boards. Sounds like a bunch of closet nazi's.

Supreme
08-04-2010, 05:39 PM
That is in no way a new idea.

Don't advertise our project on their forums please. :)

I would advise staying away from that project altogether. They are a group that have swollen egos about doing nothing. Sometimes when i feel the need to bitch about things here...i reflect on that project and smile again that we have p1999 to play on.

Yoite
08-04-2010, 05:39 PM
THE GAME.....enough said.

also, major lulz for one of their devs straight up asking Braid if he had and would share the source code on his Q&A on his web-blog.