PDA

View Full Version : Rogue hide/sneak-how it affects aggro in zone

nwin
01-26-2014, 06:26 PM
I know if I go in a zone and I'm far enough away from a mob KOS to me, and hide/sneak, I can run up to him all day and he'll never see me.

How does this work in a group setting? Say I'm grouped, and my puller engages with a mob, dies to it. Would I gain any aggro? I would think not, unless I was within aggro radius or engaged the mob, correct?

The other part are trains.

If I'm at zone entrance and someone runs a train there, so long as I hit hide prior to mobs getting within aggro radius, I should be good, correct?

Also, can anything see through hide/sneak?

phacemeltar
01-26-2014, 06:30 PM
no your aggro is not based on group-members. but if they cast spells on you, im not sure if you will pick up aggro as well.

williestargell
01-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Even if you get agro, as a rogue you can sometimes lose it by "evading" - turn off attack hide and hope. Con the mob to see if it worked, try again.

Nubben
01-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Evade will never fully remove you from a mob's agro list the way something like Feign Death does. Even if you successfully evade and a mob turns its attention somewhere else, if all of it's other targets die or zone, it will still come back for you.

Malone88
01-27-2014, 02:03 PM
The other part are trains.

If I'm at zone entrance and someone runs a train there, so long as I hit hide prior to mobs getting within aggro radius, I should be good, correct?

Also, can anything see through hide/sneak?
Depends on the zone. Should work for places like Mistmoore and CoM. But places
like Karnors and Sebilis have mobs that can see through any inviz, including
your Hide.

Tikker
01-29-2014, 07:41 PM
Even if you get agro, as a rogue you can sometimes lose it by "evading" - turn off attack hide and hope. Con the mob to see if it worked, try again.

this will never work