PDA

View Full Version : short sword of yak vs. yak war club?

TheFishyOne
01-28-2014, 06:21 AM
I just picked up a short sword yak last night (impulse buy, and a pricey one at that for a broke guy), and was curious as to why they are so much more expensive than the yak war clubs, even though the clubs appear to be better. Do they get buffed in Velious? Do they look badass? (Haven't equipped it yet, due to level 16) Any insight into this would be welcomed.

Tecmos Deception
01-28-2014, 10:11 AM
The SSOY procs a bit sooner, it looks like. But other than that there is no real reason for it to cost more.

Daldaen
01-28-2014, 10:56 AM
SSoY vendors for something like 350~ plat. Which means people tend to sell it for more than that. Something like 400-500. But Club is sold for only like 150-300~ish I think.

Sword procs at 37, club at 40.

Also SSoY is a bit more fancy looking / legendary than the war club. Think this is mostly what you're paying for though. This and the vendor price inflating the EC price

TheFishyOne
01-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the response, guys!

Again, my poor, gear starved WAR is only 16, but he already has a SSOY, and a OS for later levels, and is curently using a Green Jade Broadsword (got a great deal on it) in MH, and a Cone of the Tranquil in OH, which is prolly better for my threatgen right now, since my DEX is only 103.

At what DEX would an OS become better than a Cane of the Tranquil when used in the OH (Approx.)?

Erati
01-28-2014, 11:30 AM
at lvl 16 you should sell that Yak which doesn't do crap for another 21 levels for two obsidian shards/drogan shards and armor

Yaks are overpriced as you noticed as there are actually several items that are near identical in stats and procs but for a faction of the price

Acird Etched War Sword is another one

the main reason as Tecmos pointed out the Club is so cheap compared to the Yak club is the lvl 40 proc vs lvl 37 and the fact that the Club is a common loot at an overarmed camp while the Yak is a rare loot at an under farmed camp

Yak is more prestigious and 'classical' than Club so some people wanna relive memories

Buriedpast
01-28-2014, 11:57 AM
Yak looks cooler.

Nothing else really matters. Dual yaks ftw.

Pint
01-28-2014, 04:13 PM
When I gate out from camping crypt I have a bag full of yak clubs to give to pets, the sword is just not as common

TheFishyOne
01-29-2014, 07:55 AM
@Erati - I already have 1 Obsidian Shard, but am currently (@17) DWing a Green Jade Broadsword and a Cane of the Tranquil, since my DEX is only 103, so these offer a bit more consistent threat, IMO. I could be wrong, tho.

Teppler
01-29-2014, 05:33 PM
Acid Etched War Sword also has the same proc and stats if I'm correct but goes for much cheaper. Is the proc rate the same on these weapons?

http://wiki.project1999.com/Acid_Etched_War_Sword

http://wiki.project1999.com/index.php/Short_Sword_of_the_Ykesha

jijii
01-30-2014, 01:58 AM
Sell all these weapons and get a staff of battle. Especially after 20 there won't be any comparison.

captnamazing
02-06-2014, 05:24 PM
SSoY procs a little sooner, looks more impressive.

Yak club better & cheaper