PDA

View Full Version : Ding level 8!

Tamika
08-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Hey all... new to this EQEmu and Project1999 thing, set it all up yesterday and have been playing ever since. Really enjoying my time so far, despite the occasional nob head everyone has been brilliant! Death really does punish you now and I really have to think about risk versus reward while levelling, keeps me on my toes!

Thanks for making this happen (:

See you in there!

Tamika, Dark Elf Warrior!

Friday
08-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Welcome to the server, I started last month and have been playin my wizard.

I died a LOT because of my careless attitide when approaching some mobs. So be careful and really think about what your gonna do, and have an exit strategy.

Also, try look into getting some dungeon groups going. Befallen / unrest / HHK and the lower dungeons have +%xp, some of them have like a 200% xp bonus, so look into it.

Read the library posts thoroughly so you get a basic idea of how things work.

Estu
08-04-2010, 09:16 AM
No one actually has a 200% exp bonus (or a 100% exp bonus, i.e. double exp); those numbers are from Project EQ and have been considerably tweaked for this server. But yes, dungeons give you more exp.

fuji
08-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Hey all... new to this EQEmu and Project1999 thing, set it all up yesterday and have been playing ever since. Really enjoying my time so far, despite the occasional nob head everyone has been brilliant! Death really does punish you now and I really have to think about risk versus reward while levelling, keeps me on my toes!

Thanks for making this happen (:

See you in there!

Tamika, Dark Elf Warrior!

When did they make EQ not have an exp punishment when you die? I guess rezzes would be pointless.