PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Mana

mnemonikos82
02-07-2014, 02:08 PM
I remember there was a change on live when hybrids started getting level 1 spells, but I can't remember which was classic, total mana based on total level or total mana based on caster level.

For example would a level 9 ranger have the same mana as a level 9 druid or a level 1 druid?

MikeXG
02-07-2014, 06:45 PM
I could be wrong, but Mana is based on your respective casting stat. Ranger/Druid are both Wisdom based. More Wis = more mana. I don't think there is a direct relation between a ranger at level 9 having the same mana as a level 1 or level 9 druid, I think they have the mana of a level 9 ranger based off his wis mod.

But then again I just returned after a long hiatus and dont really play hybrids beyond bard which is a whole other story so I could be way off. Best of luck in finding a good answer

cheers

Lartanin63
02-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Believe you are right about the was mod per level. Rangers have manager bars at level 1. It increases every time you level even though you don't have spells till 9.

MikeXG
02-08-2014, 06:48 PM
I recently made an SK and i am only level 5 right now but i have roughly the same mana (a bit less due to the stat mod) that my druid had when he was level 5 a few days ago.

This poses a certain advantage hybrids have over pure casters. When a Necro gets the level 1 life tap they can cast it a few times before being out of mana. when an SK gets the first lifetap they can cast it a shitload of times before being out of mana. Granted this advantage does not make them a better caster in anyway, just something to keep in mind. any pure caster is obviously a better caster than a hybrid.

baalzy
02-18-2014, 08:25 PM
I recently made an SK and i am only level 5 right now but i have roughly the same mana (a bit less due to the stat mod) that my druid had when he was level 5 a few days ago.

This poses a certain advantage hybrids have over pure casters. When a Necro gets the level 1 life tap they can cast it a few times before being out of mana. when an SK gets the first lifetap they can cast it a shitload of times before being out of mana. Granted this advantage does not make them a better caster in anyway, just something to keep in mind. any pure caster is obviously a better caster than a hybrid.

They did address this on live. Vanilla - Start of Velious, Lifetap spells for Shadowknights had an artificially higher mana cost then for a necromancer. 50+ the costs were the same. A patch in Velious then changed it so the mana costs were the same.

Not that it matters terribly much. That 5 point lifetap is going to take a long time to fill up a level 9 ogre SK with 500 hp.