PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Twink..

Rivewin
08-05-2010, 02:12 PM
What items would you guys recommend for an ogre warrior twink?

Budget of 30k.

Huggie
08-05-2010, 02:31 PM
fbss.yaks

Ingrum
08-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah the most important things, eventually, for a warrior are going to be those Yaks and an FBSS. Right now though you might want to just hold off on the FBSS and go for some better all around gear.

Here's a very rough list that is by no means a perfect setup, but it should give you some ideas to get you started.

2x SSoYs (~15k)
2x Platinum Fire Wedding Rings (600pp)
Dwarven Work Boots (400pp)
Crafted Breastplate (500pp)
Crafted Gauntlets (200pp?)
x2 Crafted Bracers (400ish) or x2 Granite Bracers (10kish)
Mithril Greaves
Mithril Vambraces
Hood Black Cloak or Cloak of Shadows
Skull-Shaped Barbute
Grotesque Mask
Crested Spaulders
Dex or Str Necklace or Black Sapphire Platinum Necklace
Black Sapphire Electrum Earrings
Runed Bone Fork

I gave up on prices, but that should be around 30k worth of gear.

As an ogre you're probably going to want to go for items that pump up your dex a bit as your Str and Sta should be golden. Any item with magic resist is going to help a lot as well if you plan on pulling or tanking as you level.

Hands down, those SSoYs are the most important so spend most of your money there.

Dantes
08-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Yaks won't proc until level 37. If you plan on actually grouping with folks, rather than powerleveling you'll probably want to pick up Obsidian Shards to use from level 16-37 so you can keep some aggro.

Get full crafted, but with a Skull Shaped Barbute + Crested Spaulders. Avoid the Mithril because it's overly expensive and the AC is lower, it's only redeeming factor is the SV magic but you can get that from other gear.

Rivewin
08-05-2010, 03:25 PM
My friend has a druid (currently 45 but should be 49 soon) that will be PLing me. So Yaks not proccing til 37 shouldn't be a big issue.

rioisk
08-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah the most important things, eventually, for a warrior are going to be those Yaks and an FBSS. Right now though you might want to just hold off on the FBSS and go for some better all around gear.

Here's a very rough list that is by no means a perfect setup, but it should give you some ideas to get you started.

2x SSoYs (~15k)
2x Platinum Fire Wedding Rings (600pp)
Dwarven Work Boots (400pp)
Crafted Breastplate (500pp)
Crafted Gauntlets (200pp?)
x2 Crafted Bracers (400ish) or x2 Granite Bracers (10kish)
Mithril Greaves
Mithril Vambraces
Hood Black Cloak or Cloak of Shadows
Skull-Shaped Barbute
Grotesque Mask
Crested Spaulders
Dex or Str Necklace or Black Sapphire Platinum Necklace
Black Sapphire Electrum Earrings
Runed Bone Fork

I gave up on prices, but that should be around 30k worth of gear.

As an ogre you're probably going to want to go for items that pump up your dex a bit as your Str and Sta should be golden. Any item with magic resist is going to help a lot as well if you plan on pulling or tanking as you level.

Hands down, those SSoYs are the most important so spend most of your money there.

This about sums it up. I wouldn't waste your money on mithril - less AC then crafted. The SV magic is nice though but you don't really need the STR boost if you go ogre.

I'd go all crafted minus helmet and shoulders - get skull shaped barbute and crested spaulders

Oogmog
08-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah, you can save a ton of cash going crafted over Mithril. Also, the black sapphire jewelry alone would put you up to 20-25k on the 3 items listed as possibilities. Grab a Kish Der whatever.. the weapon from Paw, it's very good aggro. Grab an obsidian shard/gnoll hide lariet for your offhand and I'd really consider just splurging for an FBSS and saving money up to buy some Yaks once you hit 37. The haste is great for the aggro that you'll be desperately seeking.

thxer
08-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Yaks won't proc until level 37. If you plan on actually grouping with folks, rather than powerleveling you'll probably want to pick up Obsidian Shards to use from level 16-37 so you can keep some aggro.

This is pretty huge. Yaks don't mean much at all until mid levels.