PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the main "pullers" in Velious?

Lron
02-11-2014, 05:22 PM
As every server is unique in how mobs react to different spells/abilities players have and seeing as i have no idea how mobs react on this server, which class is going to be the main puller in KD/ToV/St?

My instinct would be bard or monk and considering im conflicted about which class to play might choose a main puller class for raids this answer has lots of value for me.

Thanks

drktmplr12
02-11-2014, 05:40 PM
There's plenty of monks, go bard!

Shiftin
02-11-2014, 05:46 PM
As every server is unique in how mobs react to different spells/abilities players have and seeing as i have no idea how mobs react on this server, which class is going to be the main puller in KD/ToV/St?

My instinct would be bard or monk and considering im conflicted about which class to play might choose a main puller class for raids this answer has lots of value for me.

Thanks

So why is it relevant to you specifically?

Lron
02-11-2014, 06:10 PM
So why is it relevant to you specifically?

Huh? You just bolded the words that answer your question.

I want to play a class that is going to be the best puller for those zones....

I dont understand your question at all.

Shiftin
02-11-2014, 06:37 PM
So you're not a member of a guild that raids, much less the handful which will actually be killing the extremely sought after mobs you're referencing, you don't play a high enough level character on the server to understand the way the server's mechanics work, and you've chosen to ask a group of effective strangers their opinion on which class you should play because you believe that a character you haven't made yet will be in a position to actually be the puller for a top tier guild when velious hits?

I just want to make sure I fully understand your question.

koros
02-11-2014, 06:45 PM
You're being hostile to his very simple question, why exactly?

Main pullers will be monks. Good sks can also fit the bill.

Lron
02-11-2014, 06:46 PM
I have lead/been in the best guilds on every server i have played...do you really not know who i am?

With that out of the way...i still dont understand your objection to a question about what class will be the most effective puller or why you have a problem with said question.

I dont play on the server yet and want to make sure i pick a class that i will be happy with when i get to raiding level....as my OP points out.

I dont think anyone with an ability to read would have a hard time understanding my question as you just reworded the sentiments and purpose of my question in different words and then asked if you are understanding my question.

Lron
02-11-2014, 06:46 PM
You're being hostile to his very simple question, why exactly?

Main pullers will be monks. Good sks can also fit the bill.

Wow thank you, i was beginning to think people in this server chat were mentally deficient.

Millburn
02-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Can you guys please stop bumping these Lron threads, jesus christ people.

Buriedpast
02-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Going out on a limb here to say that Lron, you would fail massively.

The skillcap here is so much higher than anything you have ever been exposed to. I met maybe 2 players that would compare to the top 20 monks alone on P1999, let alone the 100 other 'very good' players who simply know far more, and are far better at everquest than anyone you've played with on mac for 10 years. You are among some of the absolute elite to have ever played, (and a lot of dimwits). There is simply no comparing what you think you know now, to what is expected of a top level SK or monk. To think the game is simple due to low APM or any other reason is your own failure.

You, as a SK, from what we saw on mac, would not have the adequate skills to apply to IB, TMO or FE as a puller. Maybe as dead weight and a warm body. So what you play is largely irrelevent, not to mention the million plat of gear alone that helps to isolate the top few and ensure success where others fail given equal ability (bladestoppers, prayers, aon, warts, pumice, eyes, rainbow hues, absolute minmaxed everything, the respect of your peers to have you up an running within seconds of entering a zone etc etc etc etc etc),

Shiftin
02-11-2014, 06:51 PM
I have lead/been in the best guilds on every server i have played...do you really not know who i am?

With that out of the way...i still dont understand your objection to a question about what class will be the most effective puller or why you have a problem with said question.

I dont play on the server yet and want to make sure i pick a class that i will be happy with when i get to raiding level....as my OP points out.

I dont think anyone with an ability to read would have a hard time understanding my question as you just reworded the sentiments and purpose of my question in different words and then asked if you are understanding my question.

Because you seem to exist here solely for the purpose of creating drama and bringing attention to yourself. It's a dumb question by any standard if you truly have the experience you say you have.

HippoNipple
02-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Lron has been threatening to be significant for years now.

Wonton
02-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Please excuse Shiftin. He is likely suffering from a lack of human contact which generally leads to irritability, low self-esteem, douche baggery, and/or high levels of unwanted emotion. I'm sure he feels better now that has successfully trolled your post. 30ish year-old man with no concept of community trolling on a forum for a game from 1999? Wow. Not here to start a flame war, but you sir are a total shithead.

Lron
02-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Now i just think you are trolling in server chat (which will get you banned btw).

I explained in my OP that mobs react differently to player spells/abilities on every unique server you play.

How many times am i going to have to repeat my original post, in different words, for you to get something that no one else is having a problem understanding?

Lron
02-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Please excuse Shiftin. He is likely suffering from a lack of human contact which generally leads to irritability, low self-esteem, douche baggery, and/or high levels of unwanted emotion. I'm sure he feels better now that has successfully trolled your post. 30ish year-old man with no concept of community trolling on a forum for a game from 1999? Wow. Not here to start a flame war, but you sir are a total shithead.

If it is a troll its ok...i was just genuinely concerned he had a minor stroke before replying to me.

Furniture
02-11-2014, 06:59 PM
I don't think he was trolling he just sounds like a douchebag to me.

Buriedpast
02-11-2014, 06:59 PM
But monks > SK > necro, as has always been the case in pre pacification, and then pre fading memories aa EQ. There were very few and unique encounters when tertiary aggro, lull lines etc worked, and the differences you are used to in regards to shit like pet pulling do not apply.

By all means though, give it a crack. Your best bet would obviously be on a monk or SK. But the barriers to entry are as follows:
Unlearning years of live/mac level EQ.
Learning every single idiosyncratic trait there is in every zone, dependent on direciton, pathing nodes, hitbox size, los, positioning, warping, memwipes etc.
The huge amount of gear that goes along with the above knowledge.
Absolutely adapting to the latency, your computer, a changing environment/conditions as nearly every pull sans plane of sky is in competition with 2-6 other monks/sk's all trying to do the same thing you are.
Preparedness for plan b's...people die, trainers die, people will hat out or flop their train ontop of you if you give them 0.1 in 100 chance to do so and theres nothing you can do about it except for being prepared.
The respect of an entire guild willing to rely on you to get a mob into camp, which is usually under 60seconds after it spawns with zero support from anyone else.

The best monks and sk's and necros to have played here as raid pullers (and dont be offended by missing names here...) But Daltheb, Adriana, Dkie, Zeelot, Sentenza, Perun, Hokushin etc make most people sit back and wonder how the fuck they did shit. With a very firm grasp on P99's specific traits and differences from live (which although are small, are godly when you consider the level of competition) I still sit back in awe sometimes and laugh at just how amazing folks like Adriana were/are.

Lron
02-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Going out on a limb here to say that Lron, you would fail massively.

The skillcap here is so much higher than anything you have ever been exposed to. I met maybe 2 players that would compare to the top 20 monks alone on P1999, let alone the 100 other 'very good' players who simply know far more, and are far better at everquest than anyone you've played with on mac for 10 years. You are among some of the absolute elite to have ever played, (and a lot of dimwits). There is simply no comparing what you think you know now, to what is expected of a top level SK or monk. To think the game is simple due to low APM or any other reason is your own failure.

You, as a SK, from what we saw on mac, would not have the adequate skills to apply to IB, TMO or FE as a puller. Maybe as dead weight and a warm body. So what you play is largely irrelevent, not to mention the million plat of gear alone that helps to isolate the top few and ensure success where others fail given equal ability (bladestoppers, prayers, aon, warts, pumice, eyes, rainbow hues, absolute minmaxed everything, the respect of your peers to have you up an running within seconds of entering a zone etc etc etc etc etc),

Every post i make i get trolls from previous games i dominated on seeking my attention and validation here on P99. Its kind of flattering when it isnt highly annoying.

Lron
02-11-2014, 07:07 PM
But monks > SK > necro, as has always been the case in pre pacification, and then pre fading memories aa EQ. There were very few and unique encounters when tertiary aggro, lull lines etc worked, and the differences you are used to in regards to shit like pet pulling do not apply.

By all means though, give it a crack. Your best bet would obviously be on a monk or SK. But the barriers to entry are as follows:
Unlearning years of live/mac level EQ.
Learning every single idiosyncratic trait there is in every zone, dependent on direciton, pathing nodes, hitbox size, los, positioning, warping, memwipes etc.
The huge amount of gear that goes along with the above knowledge.
Absolutely adapting to the latency, your computer, a changing environment/conditions as nearly every pull sans plane of sky is in competition with 2-6 other monks/sk's all trying to do the same thing you are.
Preparedness for plan b's...people die, trainers die, people will hat out or flop their train ontop of you if you give them 0.1 in 100 chance to do so and theres nothing you can do about it except for being prepared.
The respect of an entire guild willing to rely on you to get a mob into camp, which is usually under 60seconds after it spawns with zero support from anyone else.

The best monks and sk's and necros to have played here as raid pullers (and dont be offended by missing names here...) But Daltheb, Adriana, Dkie, Zeelot, Sentenza, Perun, Hokushin etc make most people sit back and wonder how the fuck they did shit. With a very firm grasp on P99's specific traits and differences from live (which although are small, are godly when you consider the level of competition) I still sit back in awe sometimes and laugh at just how amazing folks like Adriana were/are.

These are all things you have to do on every new server you decide to play on....

Buriedpast
02-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Your attention and validation?

Nope, just a simple synopsis of your ability, from one player to another. For a SK who attempted to kill me many times (on a cleric), and failed each time one can say you are sub par. But as a cleric, surviving trains was my entire job, and only a few people on this server can say they've killed me in a decently fair situation. But alas, those same people are the level you need to be at to be considered even for a moment as a backup puller.

So no flattery, you asked a question, I answered it directly, and indirectly with background information and a rounded approach to allow you to best make a decision, along with information on the environment for which your decision entirely depends and relies on.

Best of luck.

Lron
02-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Another guy i griefed off EQmac lol

Sorry btw, i genuinely liked most of you but your guild was hacking and exploiting my server so i had to take things into my own hands since SOE wasnt doing anything.

SamwiseRed
02-11-2014, 07:15 PM

A hearty chuckle was had

Buriedpast
02-11-2014, 07:18 PM
These are all things you have to do on every new server you decide to play on....

Yes sir, spot on.

And for any server you decide to play on, it generally isn't filled with the most hardcore and talented of those who have ever played a given game. Not as a rule obviously.

Time investment means nothing, Temerity showed us clearly that playing a game for 10 years does not make you good at it (I use them as a common example to both of us, so you can best understand my point; not as a flattery to your self proclaimed imfamy on eqmac, as annoying as flattery is when it is undesirable as you say...).

So yes, those things I list, are all the same for any server as you say. The dynamic that changes, is the people you play amongst. What would be considered an extremely good monk, arguably the best of a few on a server would not make it in todays raid scene on P1999. There are guys here who have played monks for years who openly admit their live, and hardcore/serverfirst/imfamousguilded (FOH/LOS/Triton/etc) self of past would be but a shadow of their current self.

So add to the list; an incredibly large amount of learning and self development past what you are currently capable of (which has been seen and many here are testimony to). But also, playing with some of the best does make you better obviously, WoW battlegroups taught us that when people who would Glad on one BG, would fail to hit 1800's on bloodlust for instance. Think of P1999 as the last place for the non hacking/cheating, wildly creative to thrive in their chosen task. Those that don't make the cut, obviously become dps. Aint no shame in that either.

Buriedpast
02-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Another guy i griefed off EQmac lol

Can we keep this on topic?

Clark
02-11-2014, 07:22 PM

lol

Lron
02-11-2014, 07:23 PM

Certainly

loramin
02-11-2014, 07:24 PM

Have you been reading this thread? That ship has already sailed ;)

Lron
02-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Have you been reading this thread? That ship has already sailed ;)

lol

Lron
02-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Yes sir, spot on.

And for any server you decide to play on, it generally isn't filled with the most hardcore and talented of those who have ever played a given game. Not as a rule obviously.

Time investment means nothing, Temerity showed us clearly that playing a game for 10 years does not make you good at it (I use them as a common example to both of us, so you can best understand my point; not as a flattery to your self proclaimed imfamy on eqmac, as annoying as flattery is when it is undesirable as you say...).

So yes, those things I list, are all the same for any server as you say. The dynamic that changes, is the people you play amongst. What would be considered an extremely good monk, arguably the best of a few on a server would not make it in todays raid scene on P1999. There are guys here who have played monks for years who openly admit their live, and hardcore/serverfirst/imfamousguilded (FOH/LOS/Triton/etc) self of past would be but a shadow of their current self.

So add to the list; an incredibly large amount of learning and self development past what you are currently capable of (which has been seen and many here are testimony to). But also, playing with some of the best does make you better obviously, WoW battlegroups taught us that when people who would Glad on one BG, would fail to hit 1800's on bloodlust for instance. Think of P1999 as the last place for the non hacking/cheating, wildly creative to thrive in their chosen task. Those that don't make the cut, obviously become dps. Aint no shame in that either.

You are assuming AK is the only server i have ever played on and that i haven't been recognized as the best sk/pal on other servers as well.

EQ isnt hard if you have situational awareness and obsess over details that seem minor to your other class counterparts. These details you pay attention to add up and seperate you as a good player from the rest of the pack.

You are also assuming that there isnt a plateau to skill, which there is for each class and i plan on reaching that plateau as I have for the past 10 years of my gaming career.

Thanks for the thoughtful responses.

Buriedpast
02-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Welcome aboard.

Rellapse36
02-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Lron is the best SK i have ever played with.

not rlly

he is a

http://i.imgur.com/19i8atw.gif

would grp with him tho

oldhead
02-11-2014, 10:03 PM
The amount and size of the epeen in this thread is making it start to throb a little.

Almost brought back memories of cazic thule corner.

cries4hardcore
03-02-2014, 02:38 AM

This is not the real Lron. Yes, the real lron is a fucking troll. But this is not him. He would not need to ask these noob fucking questions. All I know if you're from alkabor, and you're full of shit

Kekephee
03-02-2014, 02:53 AM
You, Lron! The answer is, you will be the best puller!!!

Clark
03-02-2014, 06:35 AM
lol this thread

Quientus
03-02-2014, 10:09 AM

If the above is true, then why do you need to ask ?;

Thanks

The above two statements are just too funny !

Surely an experienced "Top-Notch-Uber-Raider" would know what classes were primary pullers during Velious ???

fastboy21
03-02-2014, 10:51 AM
i vote lron for best puller on server. maybe he will shut up if his epeen is stroked enough.

Daldaen
03-02-2014, 10:54 AM
i vote lron for best puller on server. maybe he will shut up if his epeen is stroked enough.

That is the only reason he sticks around. Ignore all of his posts and he leaves. That is why EQMac was dumb. People actually conversed with him. /ignore Lron on forums and never respond to him directly, he disappears to go seek attention elsewhere.

radditsu
03-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Yall dummies posting in a Lron thread. Ya dummies.

innocent51
03-02-2014, 11:47 AM
I dont know why would a bard pull before they get FD. SK however became at least as good as monk after they got Harm Shield (spell/bow range, pet and CoS being already strong arguments).

Obwin
03-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Bard/monk the obvious choice, especially with beads etc. Bard main pulled a lot of shit in velious for my guild. Pretty sure Afterlife used bards heavily as well. Hard to say "main puller" since most velious pulls require a team.

Rec
03-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Bard without fade AA is a crying shame

JayN
03-02-2014, 12:56 PM
MONK w/holgresh anal beads

fastboy21
03-02-2014, 05:35 PM
only real advantage bard has is selos, and that is outdoors only.

inside, no reason for bard to pull for raids.

there are a couple of trick pulls that bard can do with push mez and high sun...but those are specific and the exception to the general rule.

Daldaen
03-02-2014, 05:36 PM
only real advantage bard has is selos, and that is outdoors only.

inside, no reason for bard to pull for raids.

3min-recharge group DA, Pacify, Dispell, Snare, Mez... I think there is plenty of reason for a bard to pull indoors.

fastboy21
03-02-2014, 05:48 PM
3min-recharge group DA, Pacify, Dispell, Snare, Mez... I think there is plenty of reason for a bard to pull indoors.

not for a raid pulling general mobs. question isn't whether or not bard CAN pull, but why or why not they would be the "go to" class on most raid situations.

there are definitely pulls that a bard can do best. and there are most certainly good bards that could raid pull better than mediocre monks and SKs. the question, however, is about the general most situations go to class for most pulls on a raid. the FD skill is just too useful in most situations. put a good team of monks together and you rlly can't beat them as a bard for pulling in velious except in very specific scenarios.

oldhead
03-02-2014, 05:53 PM
MONK w/holgresh anal beads

I was the only monk in my guild to have the beads in classic. :D
I was like a pulling superstar.

I just happen to love clickies... Who would have thunk the eyeball would have been good for pulling.

radditsu
03-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Tormax going to outrun his guards? If so ranger best puller.

fadetree
03-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Rangers actually can pull Kael pretty well, and WS for aggro lock and slow when it gets to tank.

Bazia
03-03-2014, 01:39 AM
not even lron from eqmac some troll that pretends to be him for whatever reason