PDA

View Full Version : Druid Charm?

VincentVolaju
02-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Just wondering how Druid charm works compared to Enchanter Charm? Does more Charisma help it break less often?

SamwiseRed
02-12-2014, 10:58 PM
no just level and mr are factors for druid charm.

Clark
02-13-2014, 04:42 AM
no just level and mr are factors for druid charm.

Pyrion
02-13-2014, 05:58 AM
Druid can easily do aggro kiting with a charmed pet which is not so easy for enchanters. Just snare/flame lick mob and drag it behind you while your pet hits it from behind. If pet breaks its not so bad since other mob is snared, so recharming is kinda easy.

Galacticus
02-13-2014, 06:19 AM
what about shaman? Can they charm level efficently?

Cribanox
02-13-2014, 07:58 AM
Druid charm worked great for me before kunark, I would use mammoths in EF against ice giants.

As for shamans, I would see them there doing the same thing, but not charming. They'd use their wolf pets and just use sow instead of snare and run in circles.

falkun
02-13-2014, 08:10 AM
Crib, was that before the moving-DoT nerf? I feel like 33% additional DPS from shaman DoTs outweighs the DPS from dog, making root-rotting more efficient?

Cribanox
02-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Crib, was that before the moving-DoT nerf? I feel like 33% additional DPS from shaman DoTs outweighs the DPS from dog, making root-rotting more efficient?

ya I leveledhim before the dot Nerf and when you could root and snare at the same time. But, nuking should work just fine even though it's less efficient. In velious I'd suggest just fear/charm kiting with Dots for 100% dmg against animals.

I think root rotting is probably a faster kill but leaves you with less mana, but remember he had 100% dmg damage while running around anyway

blondeattk
02-13-2014, 10:29 AM

without doing the maths, am not convinced by your statement here.

WHich shm race can snare these days?....I thought neck had been nerfed? or there some other trick at play?

I know that dru can charm kite on red mobs(in theory) in practise tis alot of hassle.

Personalyy i find that shms can pet tank mobs after lvl 39. (with slow). tbh tho you have to be UBBER geared to deal with mobs that are less than 5 lvls below you in lvl.

so drus killling yellow con mobs in open zones vs shm killing dark blue mobs in high zem dungeons.....not much differnce over all. Mana regen on shm is way better than dru.
(dru have far too much down time pre velious)

shm charming is fun but not very serious way to exp. Very limited range of mobs you can charm.....sabertooth tigress in OT was best option i belive.....
tbh Its very faffy charmin stuff for a shm.....depends how patient you are as a player.
Eastern wastes has better charm options(than kunark) in it, once that arrives....

`DPS from shaman DoTs outweighs the DPS from dog,` well at 49 I was slowing guards in wfp, dotting with plague, sending n pet and rooting them....then cannidancing. Many of them are running by time root wears off, with doggy on their heals. Admitedly thse guards are 10-12 lvls below you in lvl. but an ave of 7pp from each, makes the camp useful. ,aside from faction issues.
so imo use dog and dot in combo. OR did you mean against even con mobs? Personally havent been able to do even con mobs since ~20

?did you mean agro kiting even con mobs? imo server lagg etc is the problem here....in theory its rewarding in practise you die in frustrating ways :P

sorry for the epistle...

baalzy
02-13-2014, 12:59 PM
If crib is talking about pre-DoT nerf, then it was also a period where shaman had a level 14 dot that did 24dmg a tick instead of 6 dmg a tick (dmg value was incorrect and never that high on live, but it lasted on P99 for like 2 years before finally being fixed). This made leveling a lot easier for shammys back then.

Also, charms in general lasted way longer than they should have, especially against higher level mobs. That too made it easier (if you charmed, if you were a druid back then relying on dot stacking oh boy did it suck to be you).