PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it for a player starting out?

NirrtiXXX
02-13-2014, 12:34 AM
I played EQ LONG ago, but would like to get into P1999 is it doable if I end up having to solo? I worry that the game is too top heavy levelwise to level. I know how to play any class, but would probably start with one that solos well since I may have to be self reliant.

I guess the question is how hard is it to get groups for those mid hell levels?

Pint
02-13-2014, 12:36 AM
population is high, groups are all over norrath, jump in

Exmo
02-13-2014, 12:37 AM
people are always starting alts. There's groups at all levels in the major leveling zones. You will have trouble finding a runneye group, but EC - > Nro -> Oasis -> Mistmoore -> COM -> KC -> Seb is populated.

NirrtiXXX
02-13-2014, 12:38 AM
people are always starting alts. There's groups at all levels in the major leveling zones. You will have trouble finding a runneye group, but EC - > Nro -> Oasis -> Mistmoore -> COM -> KC -> Seb is populated.

sounds good guys! I am tired of these themeparky MMOs... I jsut want to play a good old school game at least until Pantheon comes out! :)

kitao
02-13-2014, 12:42 AM
I started on the server in October - playing a necro. Whenever I didn't want to solo, there were groups - from Kurns in the teens, to LOIO for a level in the 20's, to killing goblins in Nurga or Droga (I already forget which is which) in the 30's, to Kaesora for a bit in the late 30's and some LGUK in there.

Seems like there is always at least one group, generally two in the main places and if you play routinely - you will make a friend here and there and then the groups find you.

Answer - not very hard.

Xelris
02-13-2014, 12:43 AM
I found it hard to do my old path on classic, which involved lower Guk and Sol B, but there are groups to be had in the major outdoor zones almost at will... mostly because lguk has a couple items that have inflated values.

Can still get to 50 with plenty of ease.

Skittlez
02-13-2014, 01:03 AM
I solo'd to 42 on my Paladin with a suit of bronze and a 100p 2h weapon. If I could do it on a paladin you can definitely do it on something else. Though groups are alllllll over at every level, so it comes down to preference

Zoolander
02-13-2014, 01:15 AM
I played EQ LONG ago, but would like to get into P1999 is it doable if I end up having to solo? I worry that the game is too top heavy levelwise to level. I know how to play any class, but would probably start with one that solos well since I may have to be self reliant.

I guess the question is how hard is it to get groups for those mid hell levels?

if you are into soloing you should try red, higher exp modifier and epic in no time as long you join the right guild (hint: see sig)

welcome to the project 1999 !

sox7d
02-13-2014, 01:15 AM
stay off the pvp server and you're golden.

Catilyn
02-13-2014, 01:17 AM
I just recently started. I've found that groups aren't as easy to find as I remember in classic. Haven't even seen anyone camping the main derv camp in NRo the four times I've logged on in the last few days.

It's definitely not as easy as it was in EQ1, but there are still people around. Seems most of them solo, though.

Swish
02-13-2014, 01:38 AM
I just recently started. I've found that groups aren't as easy to find as I remember in classic. Haven't even seen anyone camping the main derv camp in NRo the four times I've logged on in the last few days.

It's definitely not as easy as it was in EQ1, but there are still people around. Seems most of them solo, though.

9-13 is a funny time. Not high enough for Oasis... so people seem to do their own thing.

You'll find people in Befallen, Najena, WC, Upper Guk.

There's not that many soloists outside of bards and necros...you just need to find them. North Ro is a revolving door, everyone goes looking for a group and when there isn't one instantly they zone out again.

Grubbz
02-13-2014, 01:40 AM
North Ro is a revolving door, everyone goes looking for a group and when there isn't one instantly they zone out again.

So true..........

Took
02-13-2014, 01:48 AM
They hand out CoFs, fungis, manastones, etc for free in EC. Server couldn't be any more of a joke.

Get PLed from 1-60 in a few weeks np

Ajkuhuun
02-13-2014, 02:06 AM
There's a thriving low level community, pretty much /who all Unreliable and you'll find it ;)

Skittlez
02-13-2014, 03:06 AM

Lol, there is way better XP than dervs. It's why you don't see anyone there unless boredom strikes. This server is full of Min/max style peeps.

Skittlez
02-13-2014, 03:55 AM
Btw Swish, hilarious gif. 10/10

Clark
02-13-2014, 04:41 AM
stay off the pvp server and you're golden.

lol

Millburn
02-13-2014, 04:41 AM
Lol, there is way better XP than dervs. It's why you don't see anyone there unless boredom strikes. This server is full of Min/max style peeps.

Forget the dervs! I always go there around lvl 8ish to solo the scarabs and spiders. That place is a solo gold mine for that level. You have no competition at all.