PDA

View Full Version : Keying for the hole

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-14-2014, 03:20 PM
As a Barb Shaman I can't simply walk into Paineel and get a key - is there some way to boost faction to be able to buy a key short of using puppet strings?

I've heard that having a necro cast ignite bones on you (and therefore skele illusion) will boost you to indifferent. At that point you can buy your hole key.

Anyone experienced with having to pay for hole please chime in.

Thanks!

<3 Yumyums

Hailto
02-14-2014, 03:21 PM
I'll only help you if you stop making fun of mentally disabled people in your sig.

username17
02-14-2014, 03:24 PM
Get a friend or guildie to make a level 1 evil erudite alt for the key. hand it over and then they can delete the alt.
The evil erudite only needs to hail the skeleton guards by the lift and ask for a key.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-14-2014, 03:25 PM
I'll only help you if you stop making fun of mentally disabled people in your sig.

Torg is stressed but clearly "able" thus invalidating your disabled comment.

He is the embodiment of the eq grind and a staple of these forums.

Comapavik
02-14-2014, 03:34 PM
I killed guards and citizens in Erudin until I had enough faction to go into Paineel and get a key. It is NO DROP so I dunno if the lvl 1 alt thing will work.

Sulfurian
02-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Im not sure if it does work here , i didn't test it , but you could shrink yourself to go throught that door?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
Get a friend or guildie to make a level 1 evil erudite alt for the key. hand it over and then they can delete the alt.
The evil erudite only needs to hail the skeleton guards by the lift and ask for a key.

Sorry, should have specified that I'm looking to get the hole key. I can just get someone to activate the elevator when I'm sitting in it.

In skele form on my enchanter I can buy/sell from the merchant and therefore buy a hole key so I'm wondering if having someone cast ignite bones will give you the proper momentary faction for any race/class to purchase the key.

fadetree
? who needs a key. Shrink and just swim through the seekrit spot on the underwater wall. Wolf form works too. Or does that not work here?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-14-2014, 03:38 PM
? who needs a key. Shrink and just swim through the seekrit spot on the underwater wall. Wolf form works too. Or does that not work here?

I must be missing the strat for this. I can't seem to fit in that hole regardless of what size I am. In addition, you need shrink pots (if no Druid/ranger is around) because Paineel is an outdoor zone.

Swish
02-14-2014, 03:38 PM
On live you could 'shimmy' your way through the gap to get in the Hole. Not being able to do that here?

http://i.imgur.com/apRp7TQ.gif

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-14-2014, 03:41 PM
On live you could 'shimmy' your way through the gap to get in the Hole. Not being able to do that here?

I have done it exactly once and was never able to replicate my results.

fadetree
02-14-2014, 03:43 PM
I must be missing the strat for this. I can't seem to fit in that hole regardless of what size I am. In addition, you need shrink pots (if no Druid/ranger is around) because Paineel is an outdoor zone.

Hmm dunno...I'l have to try it on my ranger. I'll let you know. The spot is at the top right of the wall, and you kind of have to stick your head in, then look down sharply, and wiggle around a bit until you get in. Kind of like a saturday night.

baalzy
02-14-2014, 03:50 PM
I can fit through on my gnome.

Anyways, not sure if I'll be online tonight but I can meet you in paineel on my necro (firepots bound) and lite your ass up if you want to try the merchant purchase sometime if someone can't help ya sooner.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-14-2014, 03:58 PM
I can fit through on my gnome.

Anyways, not sure if I'll be online tonight but I can meet you in paineel on my necro (firepots bound) and lite your ass up if you want to try the merchant purchase sometime if someone can't help ya sooner.

I won't be on tonight but I appreciate the offer.

On another note you are nearly at post 1,234. Get dat trigger finga ready son!!

Comapavik
02-14-2014, 05:10 PM
If it doesn't work, you can kill good Erudites until your faction is high enough. I'm a troll shaman and I did this.

Pheer
02-14-2014, 06:46 PM
I have done it exactly once and was never able to replicate my results.

youre probably making the same mistake a lot of people do where youre going for the wrong hole (insert anal joke here)

Theres a gap at the corner of the actual door itself, that one is too small to squeeze through. The real hole you slip through is a bit higher up

Pringles
02-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Last time i did it I was spamming sit / stand while pushing forward, in front of that hole in the wall.

Malone88
02-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Can a high-level chanter charm the key-giving merchant for you?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-14-2014, 07:09 PM
youre probably making the same mistake a lot of people do where youre going for the wrong hole (insert anal joke here)

Theres a gap at the corner of the actual door itself, that one is too small to squeeze through. The real hole you slip through is a bit higher up

Awesome. Will try the top hole. Seems to be I was only allowed access into the wrong hole once during the past month. I wonder if others experience the same thing

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Can a high-level chanter charm the key-giving merchant for you?

Charmed merchants won't vend. Charming will only work for prompting the NPC's dialogue.

radditsu
02-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Ladies love the top hole. Especially if you are shrunk.

Dragr
02-14-2014, 07:43 PM
My Rogue on live could open the rock that let's you through underwater. Have not tried it here.

Keykey
02-14-2014, 08:20 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107770

Last night, I created an Erudite. I may have done this once before in my EQ experience, but my memory didn't serve me well. While in the newbie area, I followed a group heading for the hole.

I do love this server, as I have fond memory flashbacks often. I also have not so fond memory flashbacks, occasionally. Seeing the hole entrance was one of the "not so fond". My highelf cleric struggled to get through the crack many times, while trying not to drown, while my team mates waited on the other side.

I witnessed that frustration last night. Poor troll. They did finally get him shrink potions, but not until a gnome died trying to show him how....

So the real purpose of this post: (This is also an experiment)

I created a Erudite necromancer with the name Keykey. She holds the Hole Key and is camped at the hole entrance. She is bound in Paineel at the Toxxulia zone line, so if she dies you don't have to weave your way through Paineel.

You are free to use her!

Her log in name is : Needkey password: keykeeper
You are free to level her in the Paineel newbie area. Please don't take her out of that area though. You are free to dress her.

No one need warn me or worry. This is a separate eqemu account, separate email, etc. The only thing invested is time and the cost of the hole key.

Enjoy!

Swish
02-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Uhoh! I remember what happened last time :rolleyes:

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-14-2014, 11:19 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107770

Upon searching the forums I came across this thread again and had a good laugh.

Then I felt sad

Handull
02-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Can't vendor to a charmed vendor so strings don't work

Kasyra
02-15-2014, 10:24 AM
Shadowstep ftw

Dweed
02-15-2014, 10:54 AM
duel a necro and get turned into a skelly maybe?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-17-2014, 09:07 PM
So I got my hole key today - have a necro cast ignite bones and purchase from the merchant in Paineel.

Ilusion skeleton will bring you to apprehensive which is not enough to get keyed for the city but enough to purchase hole key from the merchant.

NextGenesis88
02-17-2014, 09:21 PM
giggity

Sturgeon
02-17-2014, 10:07 PM

I love that picture!

Gaffin 7.0
02-17-2014, 10:29 PM
wut? u can shimmy in it still..

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-17-2014, 11:41 PM
wut? u can shimmy in it still..

Wanted it on my Barb shaman. Need to use a shrink pot cuz I can't shrink in the city of Paineel (outdoor zone).

blondeattk
02-18-2014, 05:02 AM
would share wolf form have worked?

I know ogre shamns can see through that, as i tried to buy some spells from the vendors on my dru....got dotted with bane of nife!(splatt)
Ogre guards apprehensive to wolf form. You can buy from normal vendors in oggok with wolf form on.

...am guessing the erudite vendor would be apprehensive?