PDA

View Full Version : Newbie gear question - Small banded armor

ceesed
02-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question but just started playing here and never really played EQ for some reason given I've played most everything else.

For leveling gear for a cleric is what to shoot for the small banded armor? If so what does a set like that cost and how long does it last. I was looking for basic gear ideas as I start out and level but I'm not finding a lot.

Anyway thanks in advance for any information.

Ceesed

Rheaume
02-14-2014, 06:00 PM
What race are you? Do you require small?
Banded armour usually sells for 1pp per AC.

Marglar
02-14-2014, 06:32 PM
this isn't like other mmo's where gear becomes basically useless by a certain level. you could wear the banded armor all the way to 60, it provides decent enough AC, just no stats. you will basically equip the banded armor (or bronze/plate) as your 'first' decent pieces and you will just work on eventually phasing it out with gear with stats. there are some quests you can do once you get close to your 30s, and you'll be earning plat as you level to buy random upgrades in EC.

Swish
02-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Gnomes/Dwarves/Halflings/High Elves/Dark Elves - small banded
High Elves (can wear medium too)/Human/Erudite - medium banded

...if you can wear small, get small (its lighter).

ceesed
02-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Thanks. For a dwarf so yes, small.

That seems pretty cheap which is nice. I guess I'll have to sell a few belts and look for a crafter then.

Thanks again.

dbouya
02-15-2014, 05:11 PM
realistically a cleric shouldn't wear banded because they can wear bronze instead. bronze is theoretically more plentiful although possibly not in tradeskilling hubs like EC.

Quineloe
02-15-2014, 05:38 PM
realistically a cleric shouldn't wear banded because they can wear bronze instead. bronze is theoretically more plentiful although possibly not in tradeskilling hubs like EC.

A full set of bronze armor encumbers clerics by itself. What's the benefit?

Hollywood
02-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Thanks. For a dwarf so yes, small.

That seems pretty cheap which is nice. I guess I'll have to sell a few belts and look for a crafter then.

Thanks again.

Check the merchants at the armor shop in Freeport. People usually sell off their crafted banded items there.

Pint
02-15-2014, 05:54 PM
If your a dwarf you should check out the bloodforged armor quest line in kaladim, or just make do with leather/cloth until you get toward unrest in the low 20s for a bronze set

olderj
02-15-2014, 06:07 PM
I would be happy to make you a set of banded at cost. Send huffle a tell tonight after 9pm eastern.

ceesed
02-15-2014, 06:42 PM
I would be happy to make you a set of banded at cost. Send huffle a tell tonight after 9pm eastern.

Thanks. I'll look you up.