PDA

View Full Version : good warrior weapons?

bakkily
08-07-2010, 01:34 AM
ok so wondering what are some good weapons within lvl ranges, figure in the 20's a warrior can get a good set of weapons for 400ish plat,

so what are some good weapons to get in the 20's, or over all some good weapons for a wariror to use? dont think ill get the ykeshas for a long time

Evilashh
08-07-2010, 01:39 AM
once you hit 25, get a couple of gnoll hide lariats and you are good until you can get yaks to proc. Don't spend a bunch of obsidian shards or any of that. You won't do shit for damage, but you'll keep agro like noone's business and you can use the money you saved to buy gems for your crafted armor or save up for the yaks.

Bubbles
08-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Axe of the Slayers is around that price range and packs a great punch for the price. Plus once you hit 30 it proc's Rune like nobody's business, meaning you spend less on heals.

As long as you stay the hell away from Rogues and Rangers and Monks, it's the only weapon you'll need till you get into your mid 40s.

Or you can spend twice as much, group with a buncha dps melee and plink away with obsidian shards, your call. ;)

Runed Falchion and Polished Steel Dirks are a couple low-cost one-hand alternatives, altho neither proc to generate added hate.

Dantes
08-07-2010, 01:27 PM
I think Obsidian Shards are definitely worth it. If you can't afford two, just one for your main hand will make a big difference. Obsidian Shatter is nice, it's like having bonus critical hits. Gnoll Hide Lariats are just so low dmg. But you're a tank, you aren't supposed to do damage, they say. Well, if you are doing decent damage output and you are also tanking - you are more valuable to a group. Don't pay 500-600pp for it, you can find one for 400 if you look around.

I wouldn't suggest getting a 2H slasher as your primary if you can only afford that by itself - groups will hate you. Usually I don't have the luxury of being picky about grouping with DPS. Besides, those are the fun groups to be in, mobs drop fast. I've got an Axe of the Slayers, once I hit 30 I'll probably use it more often - but most likely in either solo situations or in camps with blue mobs I can actually taunt.

Eastwood
08-07-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm starting to think 2 hand weapons get an unneeded bad rep.

My 31 warrior has an obsidian shard/polished steel dirk combo, but I also found a lot of success with Obsidian Claymore 20/50 Obsidian Shatter proc just proccing a lot and holding agro very well, and it was free.

Yoite
08-07-2010, 02:27 PM
the rune proc from the axe of the slayers will generate hate. I used it to tank in full groups many many times on Stickybuds. Also double attacks for 78 generate a lot more hate than 1 to 4 attacks of 18dmg. You cant get agro with the shards until you proc them. Often with the 2h i would get agro instantly from opening up with double 78s.

not saying its better than DW whips or shards, but give it a try, you might like it. it's certainly viable.

eqdruid76
08-07-2010, 02:35 PM
I'd say hold out for Wurmslayer in Kunark, but I have a sneaking suspicion that quest won't work for quite a hwile.

Dantes
08-07-2010, 03:00 PM
The final damage cap doesn't raise until level 28 though, right? So you're not going to get the big hits with a 2H until later on. He's asking about weapons for in the 20's. If anything, if you buy a shard now you can resell it for as much or more than you paid to a warrior twink if you want to make the jump to 2H slash later.

Chodan
08-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Final dmg cap is 20...but I think you have dmg bonus levels as well...

Reiker
08-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Don't ever get Wurmslayer, that weapon always was a piece of shit. Well, after it was made 1hs of course.