PDA

View Full Version : monk skills

Coridan
02-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Is there any point to using round kick once a monkgets tiger claw? Do all the special monk attacks use same timer?

whitebandit
02-17-2014, 01:23 PM
They are all on same timer, Flying kick is where its at.. I know with AAs tigerclaw and tailrake had some Stun component to them.. i am not sure if that works at all before AAs

Kender
02-17-2014, 06:02 PM
there are disciplines for the lesser skills but they kinda blow. there are better disciplines around

use the upgrades when they are available up to flying kick and never look back

drktmplr12
02-19-2014, 09:30 AM
flying kick and never look back

wycca
02-20-2014, 12:47 AM
I always wanted to test this, but assuming there is a dmg bonus on monk special attacks, it's possible Dragon Punch/Tail Rake may be better than Flying Kick when it comes to dps.

Anyone up for some parsing if they fight similar mobs for hours on end?

Schortt
02-20-2014, 01:13 AM
There's nothing that mitigates well enough at this point to offset the much higher damage range on FK even if some lower level skill did have a better bonus. When Velious drops, there are some mobs where this could change, but of course this will also happen at some point:
- Monks will now be on an improved combat table at levels 55 and again
to a better table at 60. Monks now have the ability to Triple Attack at
60th level. The minimum damage done by Flying Kick will be greatly
increased for monks starting at 51st level and scaling up to level 60.
We also intend to add more monk weapons in the future to fill equipment
gaps.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2001-2.html

Note that this is from the very end of the Velious timeline just a month or two before Luclin, so it will likely be a while even after Velious release before it gets implemented here.

I know a few people who swear that they get better push/knockback on lower level skills than on FK but I've never noticed it, and the situations I REALLY need push in these days (soloing casters) well, epic fists more than take care of that.

Colgate
02-22-2014, 07:20 PM
the special attack discs dont work at all here

there is absolutely no reason to use anything other than flying kick