PDA

View Full Version : A bards Tale Tutorial of me lvling 9-13 on my bard

Sobee101
02-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Hey guys wanted to give back to the community a bit so put together a quick tutorial of how i leveled my bard 9-13 while making a good bit of pp.(For a noob) I haven't created tutorials in 4 years and am trying to get back into the hang of things, Please keep this in mind when watching. I openly accept constructive criticism so feel free to leave comments or suggestions. Ill be working on picture quality.... If you have any questions feel free to ask me or have any ideas for future tutorial videos please get in touch with me.
You can find the video here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmzVVBOF15c&feature=youtu.be

Hope this helps some of the new comers wanting to roll a bard. :)

Estu
02-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Nice video - my only criticism is that you're a bit of a wimp :p. At level 9-13 there's no reason not to kite every single dark blue mob you can find in the zone - you'll get way more experience than just gathering up some willowisps. Obviously there's more risk of getting killed as well, but the amount of experience you get outweighs that, and it's a good way to build your kiting skill. If you need more plat you can always do more willowisps after they're green, or seek out other options with your higher level.

Sobee101
02-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Lol ill give you that. In the video i only pulled one to kill it and end the video. Not sure about you but i never found tutorial videos that are long as interesting. And beetles run slower, lions run faster in the zone making it a pain to kite them. There are a ton of willow wisps and they drop great loot thats why i picked them.

Mandalore93
02-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Not bad, entice the masses to bards by telling them the truth...that you can do a level an hour up until your forties for the most part. :P

Tenlaar
02-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Not bad, entice the masses to bards by telling them the truth...that you can do a level an hour up until your forties for the most part. :P

And then have no idea how to play a bard well in a group. Fantastic idea!

Sobee101
02-16-2014, 06:22 PM
And then have no idea how to play a bard well in a group. Fantastic idea!

Well if i ever get to the point i find a group in Red ill make a part 2 ;)

Estu
02-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Lol ill give you that. In the video i only pulled one to kill it and end the video. Not sure about you but i never found tutorial videos that are long as interesting. And beetles run slower, lions run faster in the zone making it a pain to kite them. There are a ton of willow wisps and they drop great loot thats why i picked them.

Well, you wouldn't need to show a huge kite in the video (although you could do one and speed up the video); I meant more the advice you gave than the demonstration itself. Even without lions and beetles, bears and wolves are great additions to a kite of wisps.

Sobee101
02-17-2014, 09:51 AM
Well, you wouldn't need to show a huge kite in the video (although you could do one and speed up the video); I meant more the advice you gave than the demonstration itself. Even without lions and beetles, bears and wolves are great additions to a kite of wisps.

I would have to agree :)