PDA

View Full Version : PSA - Batphone lists

Giovanni
02-16-2014, 12:34 AM
Careful handing out your phone numbers for guild bat phone lists.

There is one particular individual on red spamming phone numbers with hundreds of texts per day and posting phone numbers from an opposing guild to craigslist ads.

Be safe.

Thanks,

Duckwalk
02-16-2014, 12:40 AM
Where's the 'like' button

Argh
02-16-2014, 01:03 AM
on red

Sobee101
02-16-2014, 01:25 AM
Id like to throw out there that I rolled a tune on red awhile ago. And I was very hesitant in doing so due to the toxic environment seen here on the forums of how some of the red members act. But it has turned out to be a very pleasant experience. I have not been ganked and most people I have run into have been very pleasant. The experience modifier is amazing and the prices of items are much more reasonable than blue due to blues inflation. Yes, there is that lingering thought in the back of your head...that you could be ganked at any moment, but I find it still quite an enjoyable experience. All in all red is not just full of 13 year soiled/spoiled rotten kids that have never had there ass beat like the forums betray. There are good people but like all types of media the bad always gets focused on first. And for the love of God don't give anyone your dam phone number.

Fame
02-16-2014, 02:51 AM
on red

http://static.hypable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/recognize.gif

Tecmos Deception
02-16-2014, 08:50 AM
Always kinda surprises me to see people use their number directly on these lists instead of an email that their phone checks! :p

Obwin
02-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Always kinda surprises me to see people use their number directly on these lists instead of an email that their phone checks! :p

Some RL common sense and life lessons are hard to learn from your parents basement.

Swish
02-16-2014, 10:37 AM
y'all don't have "pay as you go" sim cards over in the US of A and an old phone? yeesh.

Tasslehofp99
02-16-2014, 10:40 AM
y'all don't have "pay as you go" sim cards over in the US of A and an old phone? yeesh.

We do, usually only poor folks and drug dealers use them though. I've had the same cellphone on an unlimited data plan for years now; I don't really plan on giving it up anytime soon because once I get rid of it I have to go to a metered plan. However, I have a "2nd line" on my phone that I can activate/deactivate whenever I want that I use for the batphone.

Unidus
02-16-2014, 11:56 AM
There are a ton of mass messaging apps or emails you can use. Even if you have no phone turn you damn speakers loud and use skype.

Hollywood
02-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Careful handing out your phone numbers for guild bat phone lists.

There is one particular individual on red spamming phone numbers with hundreds of texts per day and posting phone numbers from an opposing guild to craigslist ads.

Be safe.

Thanks,

What gets me is, with the amount of mobile devices people have now, and the ease of connecting them all up to a home router or a wifi roaming service, who needs to actually call anyone? Why don't you just have an app on the device (say a messenger) that you're logged into and you get a message?

I just can't picture a raid leader manually dialing seventy-two people at 4 am.

Zoolander
02-16-2014, 02:34 PM
i just found this sweet free app called boxcar2 in the iphone appstore. works like a charm and u can exclusively use this one for batphones and delete it whenever u quit the game.

ull find your personalized boxcar email and alerts in settings once u open the app

try it out and never look back

Clark
02-17-2014, 05:27 AM
Some RL common sense and life lessons are hard to learn from your parents basement.

lol

Ravager
02-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Set up a Gmail account for your batphones and use filters to forward batphone messages to your cellphone. All the convenience of sms batphones without having to give anyone personal info.

chu
02-17-2014, 05:40 PM
i like to believe that when i log off, the whole server logs off too
no batphones for me, thx

Tiggles
02-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Google Voice

BahamutDF
02-17-2014, 07:16 PM
Lol.

Made me think of

"Leave yoah name, numba, serial numba... I call you ahpp, find out whetha you're susceptible to any diseases" - ahnold voice

"Maybe I'll give you pizza, maybe ill break off ya arhm!"