PDA

View Full Version : Is this for real?

tizmonky
08-07-2010, 06:31 PM
How are people even raiding atm? 35ish people in zone and both my partner and I are rendered useless trying to duo in permafrost. We're talking a minute or so to cast spells even.. This is disheartening after finally convincing a friend to try a different zone with me. I hope Vox is at least up at this point so maybe sometime soon we can invite more people.

But yea, are all raids like this? Does SolB become useless when nagafen is about to spawn?

Cyrano
08-07-2010, 06:40 PM
There's an issue with Perma, it has nothing to do with the raid.

tizmonky
08-07-2010, 06:43 PM
I guess that's refreshing yet unfortunate since we wanted to play in Perma. At least there's hope for the other zones.

liveitup1216
08-07-2010, 06:46 PM
ive heard bringing your refresh rate down to 40-60 can help ease client side latency in places like solA and perma.

these 2 zones seem to be infamous for massive client delay. atleast its what i experience in sola, not sure if this change fixed it or not, im too scared to go back.

nilbog
08-07-2010, 06:49 PM
I just went to Permafrost to see if I could experience this lag. Everything seems okay for me. No delay time for refresh of spells, etc.

This is running wineq 2.0 with framerate limited to 40fps.

tizmonky
08-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Yea after speaking with someone there my friend found out about lowering the frame rate option and he says everything is fine now...wish we knew about that before we died haha

Bubbles
08-07-2010, 06:58 PM
One thing I always do to help framerate in certain cluttered zones is /hidecorpse all.

It makes East Commons Tunnel actually bearable.

Dirtnap
08-07-2010, 07:14 PM
What are all the commands for /hidecorpse? /hidecorpse all, on, off?

liveitup1216
08-07-2010, 07:24 PM
/hidecorpse all, looted, and none

all is all but your own, looted hides corpses after you loot them (so not player corpses), and then none shows all corpses

and the FPS thing seems to be the issue, by default its set at max (100) which for some reason causes massive client lag (ie takes MINUTES to cast a spell, while mobs pound away on you in realtime.)

Troy
08-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Is there a way to limit framerate without introducing another application (this winEQ thing)?

Quitis
08-07-2010, 07:46 PM
I just went to Permafrost to see if I could experience this lag. Everything seems okay for me. No delay time for refresh of spells, etc.

You need to "camp" the zone for roughly 5-10mins if Giants are up and Vox is due to spawn. If giants are cleared you can "camp" the zone for around 30+ minutes before experiencing the "lag" bug, though not guaranteed to get away with that long and not necessarily going to see the bug in the next 8 hours after giants die either. No one knows if Vox spawning "fixes" the lag, or if any period of time after her death there is a "lag free" period, further testing would be swell.

liveitup1216
08-07-2010, 08:57 PM
go to in game options (alt + o), under display tab, theres a max frames per second slider, adjust it accordingly.

Reiker
08-08-2010, 12:52 AM
I think your problem stems from this sticker on the side of your PC:

http://cdn.techdaring.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/celeron.png

utenan
08-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Ive been camping stuff in perma off and on, I have spent large chunks of time in the zone, usually afking a lot, but I was there for 10 hours at some point, and i never experience any lag, only one time have I and it lasted for only 5 sec. People that complain say its a latency issue, and that lowering the max frame rate doesn't do anything. My brother actually experiances lag there, and we are the same ip, only difference is my comp is 9 years old, his is brand new.

liveitup1216
08-08-2010, 01:32 AM
aye its probably something client side, seeing as all the latency issues is client input, incoming from server is fine, as most of us can see chat and get attacked in realtime, however anything we do such as movement, casting, etc is delayed tremendously.

ive been in sola where some people including guildies get it, everytime, without fail, while others have never had it happen ever and spend hours there.

only response ive gotten is the framerate fix, which i have yet to test myself because i dont want another 5 deaths in that place.

Loke
08-08-2010, 04:09 AM

I experience the same thing - although I am not running wineq 2.0. I run just regular old EQ and have NEVER experiened any sort of lag in perma. I have been in the zone a number of times when others have been complaining of lag and I was just fine. Not sure what makes me different, but perma is always fine for me.

Taluvill
08-08-2010, 04:27 AM
During Poopsocks i always lagged like a bitch.

I wonder if it has to do with better computers being able to easily handle the 100FPS at perma, whereas some other comps cant handle 100 fps, maybe like 50ish or whatever... So they dont have lag issues...?

Reiker
08-08-2010, 08:34 AM
I'm not claiming my computer is amazing or anything by today's standards. It was about a couple grand three and a half years ago; I easily hit over 100 FPS in WoW. But I've never experienced any lag in Perma on any server, nor have I really heard of it before. Well, besides the Vox Transcendencathon ages ago.

liveitup1216
08-08-2010, 09:46 AM
im pretty sure the lag we are all referring to is not framerate, but latency.

and the only fix that has been proposed is lowering the max framerates in options. its not a matter of "my comp can handle 100fps just fine", has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

its that for some reason or another, maxing out the fps is causing severe client side latency delay, and it only seems to occur in perma/sola, and only to certain people.

loke, whats your max fps set at? we need to test variables between people who suffer from the lag constantly, and those who never get it ever.

Reiker
08-08-2010, 12:02 PM
So many contradictions in that post.

Mady
08-08-2010, 12:56 PM
On my wifes laptop the fps was set to 100, she was having terrible problems in perma. Changed it to 80 and the problem seems to have gone away so far.

fwaits
08-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Is there a way to limit framerate without introducing another application (this winEQ thing)?

Options -> Display Tab -> Max Frames per Second (I use 50). Solves the horizontal mouselook lag issue as well.

Qaedain
08-08-2010, 02:48 PM
It's worth noting that in MOST games with online play, there is a very credible and important relationship between the client's FPS and its network performance.

gprater
08-08-2010, 08:05 PM
/hidecorpse all, looted, and none

all is all but your own, looted hides corpses after you loot them (so not player corpses), and then none shows all corpses

and the FPS thing seems to be the issue, by default its set at max (100) which for some reason causes massive client lag (ie takes MINUTES to cast a spell, while mobs pound away on you in realtime.)

The one i have on hotbar is :
/hidecorpse allbutgroup