PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new.

archy
02-18-2014, 03:13 AM
Hello All,

I have not played EQ since 2001 and just loaded up P99. I love the feel but, boy, I am having difficulty getting going again! I'd love to experience this game as it was back when I played and I am looking for any other players who are lvling alts or who would like to lvl with me and any help is much appreciated!

My char atm is Rawrchy, Rogue OR Tarchy, Warrior.

Thank you.

Argh
02-18-2014, 03:20 AM
ARCH

HeallunRumblebelly
02-18-2014, 03:28 AM
Came to the wrong neighborhood :P But welcome. I don't really do alts, though :3

NextGenesis88
02-18-2014, 03:34 AM
Welcome!! Now hand over that tunic and dagger. Sorry bro, this is a cutthroat world and I got a family of hungry trolls to feed. Hand over that 100 copper while you're at it. Now beat it!

archy
02-18-2014, 03:40 AM
You can have my cloth tunic and dagger! I was hooked up w/a Leech Husk Tunic and Pike, booyah!

Fireapple
02-18-2014, 03:43 AM
Have you considered a more solo friendly class (and farming friendly) for your first play-through?

archy
02-18-2014, 03:45 AM
Yes I have. I ultimately would like to play in groups and raid but I have consider maybe a druid. What are your thoughts?

Argh
02-18-2014, 03:51 AM
You can solo on a warrior easily without really good gear up to 40 or so.

Fireapple
02-18-2014, 04:12 AM
Yes I have. I ultimately would like to play in groups and raid but I have consider maybe a druid. What are your thoughts?

Druid is a very casual friendly first character, its fun to level with and has multiple XPing strategies as it levels, root rotting, quad kiting and healing groups. They are very easy to farm a lot of plat with, teleporting people for donations and powerleveling and can easily farm mid range gear. However, they are useless in raids besides porting melees out of zones with no exit.

If you want something that can fund your dream character, like the rogue or warrior, a druid is an excellent choice. If you're looking for a one and only class to play end game with as well, druid will be a letdown.

As far as grouping through levels and being fun and useful in raids your best option is the Cleric. They're a class that requires no gear to level with, nobody will kick you out of a group for wearing patchwork armor as a cleric, in fact plenty of people are willing to give a lot of gear to people healing their groups! They're very noob friendly, you buff and heal, piece of cake. They're absolutely required in all raid content and as well for unique content like AoEing zones. They also can farm plat easily because there's always an enchanter somewhere willing to split a farm with you to heal him.

The roughest patch for a cleric is 1-20 when a lot of people seem to just powerlevel through those levels and the xp you can get from groups is slow and limited, but once you're able to xp in upperguk/highpass and beyond its easy street.

archy
02-18-2014, 04:24 AM
I understand that Paladins are not in much favor here but I'm thinking that may work well for me . . . best of both worlds.

NextGenesis88
02-18-2014, 04:46 AM
Props if you go Paladin. I play a SK and I have a low level Pally I'd like to level up later. Tank + Heals and Cleric spells? Sounds good to me.