PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Slows/Malo not overriding certain buffs when they should be

Yagebasto
02-18-2014, 04:55 AM
Slow should be overriding hastes, as well as malos should be overriding DMF/FR. Besides the DMF part, the others were working correctly prior to recent patches.

Bamz4l
02-18-2014, 01:25 PM
gonna call BS on the DMF override. got prof?

Nirgon
02-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Malise line I think should override resist fire but definitely not DMF.

Snare/root lines should over write SoW/jboot etc.

Melee attack slows should over write hastes.

There was an existing bug which allows torpor to not movement slow you if you cast attack speed slow on yourself (run around full speed with torpor! yay!).

Alecta
02-18-2014, 02:40 PM
There was an existing bug which allows torpor to not movement slow you if you cast attack speed slow on yourself (run around full speed with torpor! yay!).

Yar, the torpor / slow issue should be fixed. Let me know if it's not.

I will look into the other stacking issues.

Nirgon
02-18-2014, 02:43 PM
Malise/Malo should be killing resist/endure/group version (druid) fire.

Rest is fine atm.

If you wanna get crazy on fixing dispel / how buffs should reapply themselves, lemme know. We can go deep on that.

Mac Dretti
02-18-2014, 02:55 PM
there was a thread where a lot of the stacking/overriding/conflicting spells were addressed

..edit found a couple:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=896560#post896560

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52115

Alecta
02-18-2014, 03:03 PM
Ugh, yeah I knew the malo / FR issue sounded familiar.

The bug before was that there was a mismatch - it was overwriting on the client but not on the server, so I 'fixed' it to not overwrite on either. The real solution is that they should be overwriting? (That conflicts with Nizzar's statement - I think)

Nirgon
02-18-2014, 03:25 PM
You should lose resist/endure fire (that line) and get it replaced with malise line.

DMF has to be dispelled normally, malise don't mess with it.

Another place to look into is the Scent line from the necros. I'm honestly not sure on the specifics of all those and if they overwrite anything, although they do debuff fire. I think they were too easily resistable to be cared about on live (like whirl/mage pet root unless you were naked!).

DeadlyApostle
02-18-2014, 05:52 PM
I only remember Malo removing the Okiels line on live....

Im pretty sure slows never removed haste they just negate it which works correctly. Otherwise all the dragons that slowed would be much harder than they were since your DPS would be cut by 60%+

Potus
02-18-2014, 08:42 PM
I don't remember DMF getting dispelled by Malo. That sounds weird to me.

Haynar
02-18-2014, 09:28 PM
Malo/Malosina lines would make bobbing corpse drop. Not dmf tho. Died a few times in crystal caverns falling to my death as an sk, due that issue.

Haynar

Mac Dretti
02-19-2014, 12:54 AM
http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/soearchive/viewtopic.php?p=771634

-this just some necromancer ranting about buff slots and the game 2004

Buff Slots Debuff Slots
These need to be split up. A characters buff bar should be for his buffs, I see no reason to mix these together. It's an old outdated system and I think it needs a revision. Furthermore, the game runs into problems like DMF being overwritten by Malo, which is nonsense.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/stacking-issues-why-does-hand-of-ro-now-dispells-sk-rng-buffs-but-not-paladin-etc-ac-hp-buffs.97192/

-a few interesting comments in here, again 2004

I agree this needs to be looked at and fixed. Bad enough malos/mala line overwriting bobbing corpse. OMG :smileysad:

malos/mala line overwriting bobbing corpse Ya lol fix that also.

Malos/Mala also overwrite pretty much every combination resist buff, like Protection of Seasons and the wizard self buff Elemental Shield line. It's not just an anti-SK world ;p

Shouldn't be such a big deal after melee range changes since you can hit people from any height heh sucked though when fighting a levi'd shaman one on one and not being able to levi yourself due to malos.

Forwarded this thread to special board, with more discussion about stacking of spells in pvp in general. Malo/mala overwriting dmf, bobbing corpse, seasons, hand of ro overwriting cloak of luclin, speed of vallon, etc

Nirgon
02-19-2014, 12:57 AM
Gotta be real careful with post Luclin shit and then all over again with post PoP with the spell system revamps. All kinds of things got messed up both times.

Mac Dretti
02-19-2014, 12:59 AM
Gotta be real careful with post Luclin shit and then all over again with post PoP with the spell system revamps. All kinds of things got messed up both times.

ya i figure there might have been a resist/pvp patch around that time

Nirgon
02-19-2014, 01:05 AM
Elemental armor/shield I'm pretty sure it'd take off me @ least.

Mac Dretti
02-19-2014, 03:17 PM
Some research from Ele (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1328613&postcount=10) in the general bug thread about invulnerable spells and DB stacking issues which aids this discussion of stacking and buff slot #'s:

A few threads from 2002 and 2003 detailing stacking issues with detrimental spells and beneficial spells (Spirit of the Wood).

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5841

Quote:
The list of spells I linked to are spells that have stacking issues with DB. It doesnt directly say if DB will overwrite - or if the other spell will present DB from landing. Thats up to the reader to decide.

Generally though - a larger positive effect will overwrite a small positive effect (of the exact same type in the same slot). Example - Symbol of Marzin will overwrite Symbol of Naltron - because they have HP in the same slot and Marzin is larger.

Further, a negetive effect will overwrite a positive effect (again, of the exact same type in the same slot) - which is why

Overfiends Fury
1: Lure(6)
2: Decrease Attack Speed by 5%
3: Decrease HP when cast by 100
4: Decrease Hitpoints by 20 per tick

will block

Divine Barrier
1: Invunerability
2: Increase Damage Shield by 25 (L29) to 36 (L50)
4: Increase Hitpoints by 30 (L29) to 51 (L50) per tick

They both have the effect "Increase/Decrease Hitpoints by xxx per tick" in slot 4

Is there a way to query the spell data for same buff slot #'s and beneficial/detrimental?

Mac Dretti
02-19-2014, 03:38 PM
I'm trying to see the conflicts of Malo and Resist fire and they don't share the same buff slot, it's just a matter of one being a greater +/- to the other.

Malo slot 5: Decrease fire resist by 45
Resist fire slot 1: Increase fire resist by 40

I'm also trying to see the conflict with bobbing corpse/Malo and they don't have the same poison buff slot, again it's just a matter of one having a greater +/- to the other

Malo slot 4: Decrease poison resist by 45
Bobbing Corpse slot 7: Increase poison resist by 40

Bamz4l
02-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Malo/Malosina lines would make bobbing corpse drop. Not dmf tho. Died a few times in crystal caverns falling to my death as an sk, due that issue.

Haynar

wow, that's going to suck