PDA

View Full Version : Faction change and looting in different chat windows

purpherb
02-18-2014, 09:48 PM
So I like messing with my UI and making chat windows to make it easy to keep track of loot rotations, group chat etc. The one problem I have is that looting and the faction change text are under the same miscllaneous group. Is there any way for me to put faction text in a seperate window from loot text? Or is this moddable somehow?

Bamz4l
02-18-2014, 10:13 PM
no. from what I have gathered, each line of text is assigned to a specific chat channel. for example: the /Say chat channel is like chat channel # 9. (each one on the list has a number, including miscellaneous) The titanium client can handle atleast 100 different chat channels, and probably more. Right now, all miscellaneous are being bundled server-side, by the server assigning them all those text messages the same chat channel # (the miscellaneous one).

What would be amazing is if the developers here started assigning different text messages from the server into the unused chat channels, instead of lumping them into that miscellaneous one - that way we could assign any specific message-type into different windows. Breaking up some of those larger groups.

Dangermouse
02-20-2014, 07:42 AM
I'd love to have DOT damage messages separated from the misc channel! Sadly, these messages are "not classic" so I'm sure if anything was done, it'd be to remove them totally.