PDA

View Full Version : State of PvP

kingbob337
02-22-2014, 03:39 AM
The PvP server is a pretty much pointless. I know I can't be the only person who was big on PvP (vallon zek) back in the day. W/o luclin we won't even see the arena.

Has there ever been a discussion about setting up a zone for people to pvp in? Like as soon as you zone in it immediately goes into pvp team mode light vs dark vs human vs midget. If I were to suggest a zone I would say WC. If you wanted to you could tier it into 2 or three zones. I like p99, but the one thing I keep missing is all the pvp.

Quineloe
02-22-2014, 04:52 AM
The arena is in Lake Rathe.

rollin5k
02-22-2014, 05:09 AM
if you like pvp i dont think the pvp server is pointless then ?

oil
02-22-2014, 05:34 AM
2 posts. the other in this (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1332500#post1332500)

the pvp server would eat you alive, shit be classic

Rhambuk
02-22-2014, 09:49 AM
The PvP server is a pretty much pointless.

It keeps that cesspool of a community away from blue. The only thing it has ever done

Juhstin
02-22-2014, 09:52 AM
State of PvP here is 1 YT every 40 minutes follow by crying between each kill explainig how they don't suck and got cheated and talking about ones mother

Swish
02-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Log in and try the PvP server for the PvP experience... don't be letting these forumquest scumbags let you get the wrong idea.

The global XP bonus is going to get taken out at some point, so if you're on the fence then now is a good time to level something up.

Obwin
02-22-2014, 10:27 AM
Log in and try the PvP server for the PvP experience... don't be letting these forumquest scumbags let you get the wrong idea.

Zalaerian
02-22-2014, 12:12 PM
the pvp server would eat you alive, shit be classic

sedrie.bellamie
02-22-2014, 10:04 PM
turn red pink ie race war or teams as the plebeians would call it

Faerie
02-23-2014, 08:34 AM
Why aren't you playing on the red server, OP? Is it just because the population is low?

Wildino
02-23-2014, 08:37 AM
(vallon zek)

Who ?

Bardalicious
02-23-2014, 08:43 AM
All I gathered was that he was upset and wouldn't play bc there is no luclin-era arena here, about the bluest thing you could complain about.

Only thing that was ever good for was levi pushing barters in to steal shit inside bazaar.

My suggestion? Play blue. You're probably more likely to find pvp with /duel and 10x more pop on blue than on red anyways.

Faerie
02-23-2014, 08:46 AM
All I gathered was that he was upset and wouldn't play bc there is no luclin-era arena here, about the bluest thing you could complain about.

Only thing that was ever good for was levi pushing barters in to steal shit inside bazaar.

My suggestion? Play blue. You're probably more likely to find pvp with /duel and 10x more pop on blue than on red anyways.

To be fair, the bazaar arena always was a good time.

Sirken
02-23-2014, 08:56 AM
To be fair, the bazaar arena always was a good time.

i use to buy expensive items from player/merchant and then nudge them into the arena, slay them, and take all their pennies.

:D

Faerie
02-23-2014, 09:22 AM
You're such a fef Sirken :P

Rhambuk
02-23-2014, 09:54 AM
Why aren't you playing on the red server, OP? Is it just because the population is low?

When theres nothing to do on red, like most of the time, they come trolling blue forums.

and they wonder why no one wants to play over there...

Faerie
02-23-2014, 10:19 AM
When theres nothing to do on red, like most of the time, they come trolling blue forums.

and they wonder why no one wants to play over there...

You should be thankful; it keeps us off the streets.

Rhambuk
02-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Keeps you off our blue streets! stay in the red ghetto where you belong! ;)

Silent
02-23-2014, 11:28 AM
I would take the red 'ghetto' over blues ecommons tunnel any day. Makes me sick some of the things I see when I occasionally log on one of my friends blue chars to help him out.

Not_Kazowi
02-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Why play blue? So you can watch your characters pixelated numbers escalate until youre 60 and then what? Run around looking at other peopls gear? No thanks.

If you are complaining about arena pvp then red prob aint for you anyway. OP sounds like he played on Ayonae Ro instead of VZ.

Red server pop is only about 15% of blues but we still have a great time and big battles. Currently 3 top guilds contesting over mobs.

Tired of blue come try red. Our community isnt anymore toxic than blues. Pretty sure Blue had a raid mob time out because some people there are such neckbeard stay at home sons

Swish
02-23-2014, 11:34 AM
I think one of the big draws to red is the lower inflation on the server. Why kill 5000 Highkeep guards when 2000/2500 will do for that item you always wanted :)

Squire
02-23-2014, 12:14 PM
started on red about 10 days ago, loving it. People are great in all guilds and i've had some crazy ass adventures with new pals i've made that just wouldn't be possible on blue.

give it a shot, you won't be able to play blue again.

Not_Kazowi
02-23-2014, 01:35 PM
started on red about 10 days ago, loving it. People are great in all guilds and i've had some crazy ass adventures with new pals i've made that just wouldn't be possible on blue.

give it a shot, you won't be able to play blue again.

Once you go red you don't go back blue. Red adds an element of excitement and uncertainty to the game that can not be obtained on blue.

If you start blue send Rexx a tell in game and I will do my best to help you out and get you started.

Rhambuk
02-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Once you go red you don't go back blue.

If reds so great why don't you guys stay there instead of making 5 posts a day about how guilds are plvling and giving items away to increase the pop.

Should be 2 seperate forum url's imo, keep that cesspool as far away as possible.

Faerie
02-23-2014, 01:38 PM
Why are blue players always so mean? :(

We just wanna hang out here and make friends.

Rhambuk
02-23-2014, 01:38 PM
no you don't :p

raitheon
02-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Not all of us are scum; just like not all blue players are angels.

odiecat99
02-23-2014, 01:42 PM
red server is trash, not the server itself, but the population is what keeps me far away from ever logging into it.

the most hateful ignorant arrogant neckbeards to ever grace p99
its like all the untouchables went to one place.

Stop being shit heads and people will probably play on red.

raitheon
02-23-2014, 01:45 PM
red server is trash, not the server itself, but the population is what keeps me far away from ever logging into it.

the most hateful ignorant arrogant neckbeards to ever grace p99
its like all the untouchables went to one place.

Stop being shit heads and people will probably play on red.

Play a character there more than level 30. I bet your idea will change. Yes we have some people who are too heavily immersed in forum quest - however you also have people like swish who are freakin' awesome.

Buhbuh
02-23-2014, 01:45 PM
If reds so great why don't you guys stay there instead of making 5 posts a day about how guilds are plvling and giving items away to increase the pop.

Should be 2 seperate forum url's imo, keep that cesspool as far away as possible.

To be fair, you're kind of sounding like a dick. Sweeping generalizations, ridiculous metaphors. Have some respect for yourself, kid.

Rhambuk
02-23-2014, 01:50 PM
To be fair, red has their own forums. go away, adult.

xexbis0
02-23-2014, 01:51 PM
(vallon zek)

Which guild Bob?

Draconic Tribe/Ebon Dawn here before they went X-Team.

Faerie
02-23-2014, 01:54 PM
Illuvitae represent!

odiecat99
02-23-2014, 01:54 PM
idk dude.

some day

maybe

Bodybagger
02-23-2014, 02:25 PM
You come to red and say that to our faces. Quit hiding behind your blue pixels.

Seriously though? I started red this past week and it's amazing. It never occurred to me that as a youth starting EQ I feared PVP servers immensely, but as I aged, I played PVP on every single MMO since then and always loved it.

Does getting coined suck? Sure... but so does dying and losing xp on blue and I've played blue for a month before this since being back. The community is no more toxic, they just look like morons because of what they allow global ooc channel to be, when it shouldn't be. If the GM's implemented a lvl 50+ separate channel for serious trash talk and drama, and left ooc to global banter channel, the server would be perfection imo.

I've been killed, I've killed... and I've had endless hilarious moments grouping pretty much nonstop with other newbs I met. I know that last part blows minds when you see server pop.... but I've been leveling with the same 4-5 people and made several other newbs friends along the way. We don't have an amazing group of tank, heals, dps... My usual grind group is a monk, my rogue, and a wizard FFS.... but we make it work just fine, and all in all pace is same as holy trinity group would be or faster.

You don't understand how humorous it can be to duo monk rogue and have moments where you end a fight 1-3% and one of your could easily one shot the other but you bind them instead, coz you're duo and need one another and one of you is bound really far away. It breaks up the boring grind.