PDA

View Full Version : Which epic will become buyable next?

fastboy21
02-22-2014, 04:57 PM
Now that everyone can easily buy their rogue, shaman, cleric, monk epics for less than the price of a fungi, I am curious which epics will become routinely sold next?

Millburn
02-22-2014, 04:59 PM
Nah man you gotta think with a bigger picture in mind. Why sell the epics themselves when you can sell the bottlenecks instead? Double your money on that Enchanter epic, np!

Byrjun
02-22-2014, 05:33 PM
the only thing that's going to change things is Velious... for example the Hate revamp will make Mage MQ much easier and you'll probably start seeing those for sale.

Rogue/Shaman/Cleric/Monk are sold only because they're relatively easy to knock out the MQ.

Lightloch
02-22-2014, 06:50 PM
You can't really MQ the enchanter epic. It requires no-drop combines into bags, etc., probably like most epics should have been.

HalflingWarrior
02-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Like someone else said.... MQ full epics when you can MQ single epic pieces for 1-200k each?

I feel the server is approaching its point of no return now. So many people are fully vp geared that velious raids are gonna be a joke.

I suspect every ntov mob will be locked down and the loots for sale in 3-6 months TOPS. Not fo mention mobs like dain, tormax, the statue and AOW (and cpl select ntov mobz) who have DROPPABLE best im slot gear pieces.

Nobody will even be able to get thurgadin armor or POG armor, and THOSE Camps will undoubtedly be on lock

Daldaen
02-22-2014, 07:36 PM
I'd sell a full Druid epic... Minus VS / Fay...

imajester
02-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Now that everyone can easily buy their rogue, shaman, cleric, monk epics for less than the price of a fungi, I am curious which epics will become routinely sold next?

OP,

Are you really interested in an answer to this, or would you rather just have a conversation on the state of Epic MQ'ing? Just asking because of the way you have worded the question, seems a bit loaded and folks might be missing the point of the post if it is scarcastic.

Thulack
02-22-2014, 07:52 PM
It was just a loaded question. i mean how slow do you have to be to know why some epics are easily sold and others arent. If something was gonna be the "next" it would have happened 2 years ago when kunark was a year in existance.

fastboy21
02-22-2014, 07:57 PM
OP,

Are you really interested in an answer to this, or would you rather just have a conversation on the state of Epic MQ'ing? Just asking because of the way you have worded the question, seems a bit loaded and folks might be missing the point of the post if it is scarcastic.

I can see how the thread can be assumed to be a loaded question, but that wasn't my intention.

I suppose that folks can chime in regarding the state of MQ'ing if thats what they are interested in, but all I asked was which epics are next to be routinely sold as we move forward.

Obviously, the selling of bits that are MQable bottlenecks is the only option for some epics. Others are fully MQable, but aren't for sale yet because the bits haven't trickled down the economy far enough to hit EC yet. As a static server, everything that CAN be sold in EC WILL eventually at some point be sold in EC as the time line marches forward. My question wasn't meant to be loaded. I was asking the people who know (i.e. the folks who have access to these pieces) which they think will soon be hitting the tunnel.

fastboy21
02-22-2014, 08:00 PM
It was just a loaded question. i mean how slow do you have to be to know why some epics are easily sold and others arent. If something was gonna be the "next" it would have happened 2 years ago when kunark was a year in existance.

I disagree with this statement. I think there are MQable epics that will be sold in the next year that haven't routinely been sold as of yet. Or, the bottleneck pieces of some epics which haven't been routinely for sale yet will also be sold.

Of course, you can answer that you think nothing is coming next. But that doesn't make my question loaded. At best, it makes me dumb and you smart. :)

Sirken
02-22-2014, 08:02 PM
why would anyone buy their epic now that any guild on the server can kill high end mobs?

fastboy21
02-22-2014, 08:05 PM
why would anyone buy their epic now that any guild on the server can kill high end mobs?

Presumes the fact that everyone who wants an epic is in a raiding guild/wants to raid.

Swish
02-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Come to P1999 for a classic EverQuest experience...then shortcut one of the most fundamental class items there is and buy at level 1.

/golfclap

Thulack
02-22-2014, 08:31 PM
I disagree with this statement. I think there are MQable epics that will be sold in the next year that haven't routinely been sold as of yet. Or, the bottleneck pieces of some epics which haven't been routinely for sale yet will also be sold.

Of course, you can answer that you think nothing is coming next. But that doesn't make my question loaded. At best, it makes me dumb and you smart. :)

Come Velious most of the epics have bottlenecks removed. You dont see the 2 "other easist epics" then the ones you listed which are pally and enchanter because there are parts that cant be MQ for final turnin. Paladins basically have the books that can be MQ and as stated cant MQ anything for chanters thats why they are not sold. All of the other epics have bottlenecked parts that wont be relieved til awhile into velious due to tons of people already needing them. You would occasionally see bard epic sold by TMO or major parts for other epics but that is because they had a monopoly on said items. That wont happen anymore.

SamwiseRed
02-22-2014, 09:28 PM
epic quest, more like epic buy here.

mqing epic is a classic untended mechanic (BUG). not part of the "vision" at all as per my email from brad.

Toodles
02-22-2014, 09:38 PM
epic quest, more like epic buy here.

mqing epic is a classic untended mechanic (BUG). not part of the "vision" at all as per my email from brad.

Ya, that's pretty obvious and is why I cannot for the life of me understand why Rogean gave the ok to add MQ into the database.
It's clear that the server is not meant to be 100% classic. And I appreciate the addition of convenience and creature comforts, such as item linking and a custom UI.

But MQ is not a creature comfort, it's a short cut that fuels an inflated and hyper synthetic economy ruled by exploiters and hacks.

It doesn't matter how many they catch or ban, what matters is that they enabled it in the first place.

When people introduced me to P99 some years ago, I got the impression it was classic EQ improved. Not 'classic eq that caters to those who will fund it more'

pasi
02-22-2014, 09:49 PM
Getting rid of MQs only means loot rights just get sold instead.

This is already the case with shaman and monk epic. General is 2 zones away from EC - selling loot rights to him wouldn't change all that much. Nerfing MQ just stops cleric epics from being MQd - I don't think anyone is going to rally much support in that cause. I'm gonna guess you would still see loot rights sold to Ragefire, but it would have to be done by someone the community trusts enough to give out their info to (this is already done for monk epics).

You pals really need to develop some critical thinking skills.

As for an answer to the original post: ranger, druid, and magician.

Swish
02-22-2014, 09:53 PM

Goes counter to why people are buying MQs in the first place though... pure laziness.

Sure some will, but I'd say its a push in the right direction for the laziest, and who wants to camp outside PoFear for days (or wherever) waiting to see if the seller's guild got FTE etc?

Critical thinking skills pasi, see both sides :p

sedrie.bellamie
02-22-2014, 09:54 PM
the people who hear randomly about p99, download a torrent, only check the main page for the p99 update, and just play for fun are not overly effected by raid guilds or MQs.

Players that just play causually can get a full and rich classic EQ experience 1-50 and even 50-60 unguilded. If a player is nice and smart; they can usually find invites to hate/fear clears and even some sky raids. In classic EQ not everyone had best in slot and epic. Not everyone who plays p99 wants best in slot and epic. I would reckon there is a small amount that just want to play EQ in a classic manor requardless of their level or gear.

Now we all want pixels and the better the pixels the better the character and thus usually increase easy of play or allow harder challenges.

But what is a three year old economy suppose to look like? MQs allow the players that play an oppertunity to twink out their alts. That seems classic to me. First time I saw a level 5 rogue in rubi on live I was super jelly. But that is something that at times can inspire others to do things to get that top end loot. But in this thread it looks like it inspires hatered. I do believe that server staff has rooted the RMT problem away and you guys all jelly over those with the plats. Seems classic to me.

I love giving away bronze armor on p99 and random weapons I pick up in KC/COM/SOL B. Something as simple as visible armor will make a persons day. Everyone needs a way to kill willoswisps and that then that allows players to earn money and complete quests.

EQ is what you make it. I complained alot but I have really enjoyed 2014. I think if the server staff keeps up on rooting out RMT; the server economy will function as well as mudflation allows it.

pasi
02-22-2014, 09:57 PM
Well, the rogue twink has to run to Highpass anyways. It's not like Kithicor is out of the way. Hell, my service would sell General corpses at any Kithicor /location desired. Of course, the cabin would be extra.

Shaman epic is similar too. Look at where the final turn for the epic is.

Monk epic is slightly out of the way, I'll give you that.

Swish
02-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Yeah fine on triggered final mobs like the rogue epic... you can sell loot rights to the lazy players and do it when you want.

CT and pals don't play that game though.

pasi
02-22-2014, 10:23 PM
They don't, but those epics are very rarely sold. Practically, you're talking about the sales of 4 epics.

I guess the difference is that it doesn't matter to me how other people get their gear. I don't care if some rogue sold 500 bear asses to get his Ragebringer or asked someone already killing General to kill another General. Then again, I'm the kind of guy who donates 1k for a port from EC to Lavastorm. No pixel police here.

Pheer
02-23-2014, 12:36 AM
might see some level 1 SK epics when the fear revamp goes through provided the last turn in doesnt get changed to the coin version before then

Fireapple
02-23-2014, 12:52 AM
Ranger epic is MQ-able through 99% of it, just have to forage and make the mixture themselves. But good luck getting Inny and VS stone, would probably cost near 1 million plat for a full ranger MQ right now.

As soon as VS remains are added and Fear revamp happens it will probably become a common MQ

coki
02-23-2014, 07:04 AM
I like how you can get 2 manastones (doesn't drop anymore) for the price of 1 Bone-clasped girdle(still drops) at the moment or 3 manastones for 1 AoN, kinda funny

Hollywood
02-23-2014, 07:16 AM

What do you think is one of the underlying issues that supports MQ creating problems? Looting scenarios.

I've been in at least ten KC groups with someone's monk, where a Pawbuster pipe drops and the group members take it upon themselves to roll, because it's fair game loot, knowing that they can go off and make a profit from it.

Look at Jboots. The AC isn't broken any more in terms of spawn location. Therefore the difficulty has gone up and it's reflected in the price, which has now doubled.

This alone has reduced the amount of people trying to camp him. Now remove MQ and that number goes down even more. He loses his attractiveness as a source for a lucrative commodity.
Anyone who wanted Jboots, would have to bring their own character to loot the item. And if this means bringing along a few high level friend to help, then that's what's great about having help.

We're not interested in penalizing people for sourcing their own means of help, whether a friend or a whole guild.

Even when entire guilds camp and sell 'loot rights' it's still be a better and more player driven, player interactive system than MQ - which is faceless afterthought to try and reduce the difficulty of the game, which was designed in the first place to be .. difficult!

Portsche
02-23-2014, 12:52 PM
why would anyone buy their epic now that any guild on the server can kill high end mobs?Very good question.

However, for those still wanting to purchase their epic:

I'd sell a full Druid epic... Minus VS / Fay...I'll supply the VS / Fay pieces~

nall
02-23-2014, 01:07 PM

well lets see, because there is such a backlog on VS that Druids/rangers wont be seeing their epic for 6 months or more or perhaps STILL till the velious patch that makes Venril sathir Remains pop in game?

There are STILL posts all over the EC tunnel thread where people looking for the VS stone for good size plat amounts and almost no one has one for sale (except TMO / IB .. which want your 1st and 2nd born.... 2 arms and a 3rd leg for an MQ)

Next, FFA VS is without a doubt almost always still killed by IB/FE/Tmo.

so that's leaves 2 spawns a month for class R. which the guilds on rotation and take turns to be fair. (not complaining there) After you rotate thru all the Class R guilds we get one VS every 2 - 3 months..

and finally, of the VS kill(s) that we do the SOB isn't guaranteed to drop an epic piece (druid or otherwise) ... for example.. last kill we didnt get any ANY epic piece at all. just two pally legs.. /wrists.

pasi
02-23-2014, 02:26 PM
might see some level 1 SK epics when the fear revamp goes through provided the last turn in doesnt get changed to the coin version before then

The coolness factor is there, but there's way better stuff that's easier to acquire around that time. Zlandicar Sword probably won't be more than 40k 6 months into Velious. Then, if you got the means, there are so many fucking Knight only weapons in Velious that will rot.

Hard to compete with Innoruuk's Curse in the looks department though.