PDA

View Full Version : very low level grouping?

zaneosak
02-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi all. Loving the 1999 experience but as a Human cleric starting in Freeport (I started in Qeynos back in the day) where does one group at low levels? I remember way back Qeynos there was Blackburrow grouping pretty much all the time 5 thru the teens. It seems pretty scarce around Freeport. There seems to be a 3-5 level gap and a lack of a low level dungeon. Do I need to buckle down and travel out to Gfay orc camps or any suggestion?

I'm sure the obvious answer is to stick it out slow and solo until 10 and go to Ecommons orc camps or north ro derv's but I'm more of a grouping player if i can help it.:)

Rhambuk
02-23-2014, 12:10 PM
You should be able to get a group in EC around level 5-6 doing orc camps, then move onto NRO/oasis etc.

CB is great for low level groups, along with blackburrow if no ones farming fangs.

Solb
02-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Ok, imo EC is pretty good xp. You can grab a clarity from a nice enchanter, and then go solo, nuking mobs down (if possible get hp/ds from druid too ;)) Basically at the tunnel you have a lot of high lvls who would be happy to buff you for free if you ask nicely.

If you rather group, the xp is probably a tad slower but it will be steady if you just hop into a orc camp group. For faster group XP, you can also find a well geared melee, and duo with them. That is usually better XP than a big group.

Stay in EC till lvl 12 or so, then head to Oasis. You should find a group there pretty easily. You can stay in Oasis till 20-21 lvl.

From 21 lvl, you can go to Upper Guk. If you want to travel to Mistmoore or Unrest you would find groups at either spot who will take you. Both zones have nice Zone Xp modifiers. You also can solo fairly well in Unrest as you have nukes that are good versus undead.

Squire
02-23-2014, 12:22 PM
zane, check out the red server, you'll find a closer knit population and a lot of people willing to help or PL you out of those boring lower levels.

Hollywood
02-23-2014, 12:25 PM
-Any where you go, starter zones will never have more than ten to fifteen level 1-10s simultaneously playing.

-The good news about Freeport is that it's adjacent to EC, which means free buffs and assistance. And since other people who are low level figure this out, you all end up being there together and can start an Orc camp group.

-Your first dungeon in that area is Befallen in West Commonlands.

-Don't forget things like Orc/Deathfist belts in EC/Gfay area.

The quietest starting areas are places like Toxx forest, Everfrost/Halas, Qeynos and Steamfont.

Most people try to get a port and bind out of there as quick as possible if they MUST play with others, though a lot solo till about ten then leave.

zaneosak
02-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the info guys, Appreciate it.

I tried the orc camps in EC but everybody says I need to be lvl 10. I will try to solo a bit until I can go to oasis

Hollywood
02-23-2014, 12:43 PM
There are different camps, some higher than others. Level 5 would be fine if I recall.
Level ten is better served in Befallen or WC orc camps(maybe that's the confusion in what they're saying).

Oh my gosh..does anyone remember actually camping open roaming mobs in WC as a source of xp? How ignorant we were!

Mithan
02-23-2014, 12:53 PM
If you want early grouping, I'd recommend moving to gfay, you can find orc hills group starting around level 5. there is only enough mobs for one full group, but it is the the best chance you got, and the zone is quite solo friendly. Otherwise, as others have said, get some buff in EC and solo (I'd recommend moving to Nektulos after getting your buffs, - it s a lot less crowded there)

Frug
02-23-2014, 12:59 PM
You should be able to get a group in EC around level 5-6 doing orc camps, then move onto NRO/oasis etc.

CB is great for low level groups, along with blackburrow if no ones farming fangs.

At least recently EC orc camps have been requiring 7+ for established groups. Which is most of the time.

There are people fang-farming in BB almost constantly, but the numbers vary a lot so a group can still do OK in there. Or farm yourself solo - it's rare to have the outside, top level, and bridge ALL being camped simultaneously, and inevitably there are trains or the rabid grizzly being brought to the zone line so camps are given up pretty routinely.

Swish
02-23-2014, 01:13 PM
If you're in the EC area and are level 6-9... zone over to Nektulos, turn right and you'll see 3 undead spawns at a monolith of sorts.

They single pull okay, and if you see "a lesser mummy" appear on the right spawn, just ask a high level in the zone if they can kill it for you to bring back the 3rd XP mob :)

...also there's bears and stuff to be had roaming in the area, just watch out for the guard who walks down the path if you're not a dark elf/troll/ogre.

Rec
02-23-2014, 01:30 PM
If you're not in crushbone you're not playing EQ at low level