PDA

View Full Version : New downloads

Aaroner
02-23-2014, 08:06 PM
I am having issues playing the game after the new downloads. I have downloaded them several times and have extracted to several locations but still am unable to play......I would apprecaite some help and some explanation as to why it is so difficult to play a game that is 15 yrs old?!

Thulack
02-23-2014, 08:14 PM
cause you havent learned anything in 15 years of playing on a computer?

But on a serious note. right click your EQ shortcut you use and goto properties. There is will list what folder you actually run EQ out of. Extract your files to that folder. If you did this correctly it will ask if you want to override all the files and click Yes to all. This should allow you to log in.

NextGenesis88
02-23-2014, 10:43 PM
How did you patch the game last time if you don't know how to do it this time? Confused I am.

Swish
02-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Bring back the patcher, it helped the technologically impaired.

Lirkci_Prexus
02-23-2014, 10:51 PM
im having same exact issue. im thinkin bout deleting everything and just redownloading everything. will i lose my account if i delete everything EQ related on my laptop and restart everything over? im kinda stuck/lost on what to do this time. i cant remember what i did last patch..i think last patch i had the eq titanium directory so it was easy as pie now i cant find that damn folder

Swish
02-23-2014, 10:56 PM
Literally all you need to do is...

1. Click the file in announcements to download it. You want the one with the 23rd February on by the way :p (I'd link it here but then you wouldn't learn to look there next time)

2. Open the zip file (that you just downloaded) and hit "extract". It'll then ask you where you want the files put.

3. You want to select your P99 folder and extract there, saying "yes to all" when it asks to overwrite.

:: Don't extract it to your screenshots subfolder, don't extract it to any other subfolder.

:: For me it's C:/P99/ , not C:/P99/Screenshots etc (can't find my backslash key)

...and that's it. Once extracted in the right place you'll be able to select your characters again.

phacemeltar
02-23-2014, 11:11 PM
i think im a noob because i cant program in any languages, but sometimes these posts make me think there is a level of noob lower than that which i call home

Flip
02-24-2014, 04:19 AM
Or you can just get winrar, extract files, select directory, and overwrite.

Swish
02-24-2014, 06:57 AM
Be careful where you download winrar, don't just type it into a search engine and pick the first link.