PDA

View Full Version : Haynar does it big 2/23/14 & 2/24/14

Nirgon
02-24-2014, 12:06 PM
http://www.scenicreflections.com/ithumbs/Fiery_English_Alphabet_Letter_H_Wallpaper_cdwgu.jp g

Starting to feel real classic in here.

baalzy
02-24-2014, 01:26 PM
Lol.

Pet aggro too low, better go about this slowly so we don't take it too far.

Proximity aggro & sitting players getting hit by pulled mobs? Better crank it up to 11 because we want it to be noticable.

Actually, going massively overboard on detrimental effects & pussyfooting about when trying to improve something is pretty classic.

Sorry, I do actually love Haynar & Nilbog for what they do and their willingness to admit when something is off. I just get a little confused sometimes by the methods they use to approach different issues.

Nirgon
02-24-2014, 01:48 PM
I agree there should be a pet aggro fix and left my usual "anecdotal" support that we HAD to fear to keep the mob from aggroing the pet when fear kiting druids in WC/EC (you think camps are full here... we seriously had to resort to mobs like these for our xp on live... even on lil ole RZ). The improvement for this I could basically say... drop dooming darkness+venom of snake+blood boil on the mob and see if the pet can pretty quickly get aggro off. If not? Figure out what those values are, apply a pet aggro fix scaling across the line from there (even if its basically some hacked up shit... doesn't have to be beautiful just brought more in line).

Patch hot-fix on 2/24 to address aggro cuz Haynar does alot?

More will come. It will require research, patience and posting.

With the ridiculous abundance of pixels aside... things are just beginning here imo.

baalzy
02-24-2014, 01:59 PM
I'm excited for the long-game (new blue) after Velious is in & tuned.

I also xp'd on live (with two diff necros) between Kunark & Velious at the WC rangers camp. I remember there being 4 hour long lists just to get the camp a lot of the time. So if the WC one was taken you'd head over to EC and do those druids instead. Fear resist usually meant your pet was dead if you had more than 2.

Nirgon
02-24-2014, 02:03 PM
Does that mean my memory is evidence enough on this :) ?

Really it would just require that much of a tweak and I think pet classes across the board would be much happier.

Sometimes we HAVE to pool community memory on issues because you aren't going to find things like exact values for spell/pet threat formulas. Truth is, if we can get experiences we collectively remember working the way they did... we've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Mac Dretti
02-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Bump for BIG H BREW

Haynar
02-24-2014, 05:02 PM
I was looking through code for pet aggro, was going to tweak it some. Couldnt freakin find it. Saw it other day.

Trying not to have more than one thing all f'd up at a time. So probably sticking with some small tweaks to stuff for a little bit. Getting wife aggro for as much time been getting on computer after a patch.

Pets gonna get some lovin.

Rogue sneak/hide too.

And started lookin at bards last night.

H

baalzy
02-24-2014, 05:28 PM
I was looking through code for pet aggro, was going to tweak it some. Couldnt freakin find it. Saw it other day.

Trying not to have more than one thing all f'd up at a time. So probably sticking with some small tweaks to stuff for a little bit. Getting wife aggro for as much time been getting on computer after a patch.

Rogue sneak/hide too.

And started lookin at bards last night.

H

Nice. Maybe we can send a box of chocolates to your wife in your name? lol

Could you check out the mage pets thread I just bumped? In addition to aggro for them, their pet spell cast rates are super low compared to where they should be.

Swish
02-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Rogues well never have the ability to roam freely in Seb again though, will they? *hopeful*

Kennie
02-24-2014, 05:34 PM
Please make rogue sneak/hide useful again. The way it is now, it is next to worthless.

Nirgon
02-24-2014, 05:52 PM

http://www.scenicreflections.com/ithumbs/Fiery_English_Alphabet_Letter_H_Wallpaper_cdwgu.jp g