PDA

View Full Version : Non-KoSing an Evil race/class

Daldaen
02-25-2014, 12:59 PM
So I made a dark elf cleric because science. And in the process of leveling up in Runnyeye I got high enough faction + wolf form to run the bandage quest enough where I am not KoS in Rivervale atleast to the guards or cleric guild.

I'm curious if anyone has a list of zones or easy faction quests that one might do to become friendly in all cities. Both for an evil class/race for a good city and a good class/race in an evil city.

So far I have:

Rivervale:

Runnyeye Goblins
Bandages for Honeybugger (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=657)

I know a few others like Crushbone will increase Kelethin and Kaladim (at the cost of Neriak). Mistmoore can increase Felwithe...

Anyone else have some quests and stuff? Since we are heading towards 4 years of Kunark I figure making my cleric friendly in all zones would be an entertaining task.

Sarajo
02-25-2014, 01:14 PM
I made a Dark Elf cleric for similar reasons! Levelling up my bard first so you have the monopoly for a few months.
I would give you a link, but I'm trapped on the couch with a snoring bulldog on my lap, so I'll tell you how to find this info instead.
From Kunark on, people started making Iksar guides about how to be welcome (almost) everywhere. You'll need wolf form for stuff like bone chips for Lashun Novashine in Qeynos.
Freeport is just: kill a million orcs and turn in their belts. There is a more inclusive guide to that somewhere on these forums.
Halas goes pretty quickly with polar bear skins, or goblin ice necklaces, or gnoll fangs. I think I went dubious to indifferent in 2 runs of the necklace quest + 1 polar bear skin to Cindl.
Kaladim is just tons of Crushbone belts and Bone Chips, but I forget what kind of illusion tricks you'll need to do to get into that pally/cleric/whatever guild to turn in bone chips.
Not very detailed, but I hope this points you in the right direction.

Sarajo
02-25-2014, 01:18 PM
Bone Chips in Field of Bone will eventually make you non KoS to all Cabilis factions (I think), with shamans and shadowknights taking much longer. You'll need to become non KoS with the warriors first, which can easily be achieved by killing Kunark goblins and sarnaks.

Just be warned that the iksar and shaman guilds take a LOT of bonechips.

I think once you're in good with the guards you're supposed to switch to scaled curskin quests.

whitebandit
02-25-2014, 01:21 PM
http://mentalized.net/journal/2003/07/30/the_iksar_handbook_of_infiltration/

Malone88
02-25-2014, 01:46 PM
Highpass Quests:

Orc Scalps
Gnoll Scalps
Goblin Ears

Will help your faction with guards in Highpass, Highhold, Qeynos,
and Freeport.

Trouble is that your are KOS to do the quest.
Wolf form didn't work for me. Sneak will work.
Charm will probably work.

Sarajo
02-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Highpass Quests:

Orc Scalps
Gnoll Scalps
Goblin Ears

Will help your faction with guards in Highpass, Highhold, Qeynos,
and Freeport.

Trouble is that your are KOS to do the quest.
Wolf form didn't work for me. Sneak will work.
Charm will probably work.

[WARNING]: After the latest patch, players who turn in quest items to a charmed npc will no longer get faction adjustments associated with that quest turn-in.

Psionide
02-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Did the Aegis of Life quest on my inny worshipping dark elf. Bone chips to Lashun Novashine in Qeynos newbie area. Can walk around Qeynos fine now.

sox7d
02-25-2014, 02:11 PM
Fuck that, go evil as a good race.

Tunarean High Elf Wizard here. KOS in kelethin, felwithe, kaladim, rivervale, freeport...loved in Neriak.

Lojik
02-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Bone Chips in Field of Bone will eventually make you non KoS to all Cabilis factions (I think), with shamans and shadowknights taking much longer. You'll need to become non KoS with the warriors first, which can easily be achieved by killing Kunark goblins and sarnaks.

Just be warned that the iksar and shaman guilds take a LOT of bonechips.

Depending on your class/deity and maybe race, it can be relatively quick or slow. Wizards take an inordinate amount of time to become non-kos to shaman guild due to a special dislike of that class. My agnostic wizard turned in 300+ stacks of bonechips and still scowling to shaman guild, maxed with troopers and i think amiably with the SK, monk, and merchant factions. The bonechips quest does not increase your BroodofKotiz faction so necromancers will still hate you. Not sure which faction you mean by iksar.

Sarajo
02-25-2014, 02:29 PM
Fuck that, go evil as a good race.

Tunarean High Elf Wizard here. KOS in kelethin, felwithe, kaladim, rivervale, freeport...loved in Neriak.

It's just funny that people who talk about faction in this way usually see it as you "losing" your factions in Kelethin, Felwithe, Kaladim, Rivervale and Freeport, while people talking about what Daldaen's doing (Becoming a Dark Elf Cleric who can access those places) see it as "gaining" faction.

The struggle against oppression is real.