02-27-2014, 02:41 AM
Your only reward will be being correct.

First day predictions only.

Neno
02-27-2014, 02:49 AM
Whatever drops the holgresh beads.

Man0warr
02-27-2014, 02:54 AM
Drake that drops key to Cobalt Scar in Skyshrine, easily.

chief
02-27-2014, 03:00 AM
ur mom LOLOLOLOL

HalflingWarrior
02-27-2014, 03:21 AM
Holgresh Anal Beads

Millburn
02-27-2014, 03:25 AM
Lodizal will probably have a waiting list that stretches for months with the amount of shamans we have here haha

Sebekkha
02-27-2014, 03:37 AM
Stormfeather
Ground spawns for Frigid Gnash er
Mob which drops Wavecrasher in sirens grotto
Wakening Lands for Beads
Mob which drops Ornate Velium Pendant
Lodizal
? Kromzek Captain in West Wastes for Braver of Benevolence quest
That rat in dragon necropolis (forget name) willsapper ftw

Asap
02-27-2014, 06:03 AM
Cougar claw earrings

innocent51
02-27-2014, 06:36 AM
An interesting question would be : what will become of the prices.
I expect top tier gear to stay stable for the 1st couple of month (fungies, CoF, Donal BP...) because some clicks/effects are still good and the camps/raid we still be hard'ish to have.
Mid tier gear to go down by half within a couple of days (GEBs, FBSS, Mithril stuff...) because of how easy is Turgadim gear to farm.
Low tier gear (30ies drops and common shit from Kunark) to drop a bit but probably stay slightly over vendor price.

As for camps I much expect Kael's arena to be nonstop farmed for a while.

Brut
02-27-2014, 10:09 AM
Drake in Skyshrine will be the dizok chancellor of Velious obv.

Daldaen
02-27-2014, 10:33 AM
When does that Cobalt Scar key get removed? I don't recall having to deal with it on PC at all. Cause I definitely remember quadding Othmir during Luclinish era I think.

Now I remember. I'm a Druid and I don't need no stinkin key. Awesome.

smowbeast
02-27-2014, 10:47 AM
dain frostborn

Doors
02-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Gonna be hilarious reading these forums after Velious launches, they're going to have to put camps involving faction armor on raid rotation. Hell probably even the Ry'gorr.

Almost time for the sheep to find out what TMO/FE/IB/BDA have been doing leveling up alts for 3 years of Kunark.

HalflingWarrior
02-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Pretty sure every single camp is gona be locked down

Juhstin
02-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Kerafyrm

Man0warr
02-27-2014, 01:05 PM
When does that Cobalt Scar key get removed? I don't recall having to deal with it on PC at all. Cause I definitely remember quadding Othmir during Luclinish era I think.

Now I remember. I'm a Druid and I don't need no stinkin key. Awesome.

You need the key to get to Cobalt Scar to get the fang to be able to port there, even as a druid. The fang requirement was removed later on.

Randarn
02-27-2014, 01:15 PM
Wow this sounds nuts!... Dangit I just wanted the gnome illusion on my bard..but gl with that right? haha...(softly cries) ..ha..ha..

loramin
02-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Pretty sure every single camp is gona be locked down

Well that's an optimistic view of things.

Nirgon
02-27-2014, 01:52 PM
I hope you packed your beard for this one boys

See you in Thurgadin

Daldaen
02-27-2014, 01:59 PM
You need the key to get to Cobalt Scar to get the fang to be able to port there, even as a druid. The fang requirement was removed later on.

What the fuck Verant. Why make the stupidest port mechanics ever?

First be in a dungeon, then have to run there first. So stupid.

snoopiku
02-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Whatever drops Silver Chitins.

Bam. Haste for all!

sox7d
02-27-2014, 02:15 PM
What the fuck Verant. Why make the stupidest port mechanics ever?

First be in a dungeon, then have to run there first. So stupid.

Tedious bullshit like that makes games more dynamic, imo. And I say that with zero sarcasm.

inb4 hyperbolic counter-argument.

Daldaen
02-27-2014, 02:19 PM
Tedious bullshit like that is fine if everyone is going in ignorant.

But when people go in with full knowledge it creates a huge clusterfuck. Same thing happened last few EQPC betas. Everyone knew going in that to request the first raid you had to do this quest chain and one of the quests involved killing one mob which had a long respawn. Guess what got poopsocked for a week so everyone in your guild could get that one mob killed.

Byrjun
02-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Drake that drops key to Cobalt Scar in Skyshrine, easily.

This is the correct answer, btw.

this guy (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5519) is gonna have a bad day.

baalzy
02-27-2014, 03:10 PM
I know I'll be living in WL until I get my hands on a couple holgresh beads. Everyone else can fight over Skyshrine keys in the meantime.

Daldaen
02-27-2014, 03:11 PM
How are our eyes of zomm now? Do they still aggro, ie worthless to non necros/pullers? Or do they not get aggro and become worthwhile again.

Harmonicdeth
02-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Since I wasn't to familiar with what dropped back then, and didn't really get that involved(I was 16 and just had fun killing orcs and giants). What is the obsession with Holgresh anal beads? Just for Eye of Zomm? Maybe I didn't care cause I had a bard with the helm? Just wondering, back to drooling over possible over farmed loots.

baalzy
02-27-2014, 03:16 PM
Since I wasn't to familiar with what dropped back then, and didn't really get that involved(I was 16 and just had fun killing orcs and giants). What is the obsession with Holgresh anal beads? Just for Eye of Zomm? Maybe I didn't care cause I had a bard with the helm? Just wondering, back to drooling over possible over farmed loots.

Unlimited eye charges. Great for pulling with. Good for Necros/SKs cause it gives them a target to lifetap without having to agro a mob.

Especially good for Necro who has:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Shissar_Deathspeaker_Staff
or
http://wiki.project1999.com/Shissar_Seance_Staff

Because it means they can demi lich/arch lich forever.

Harmonicdeth
02-27-2014, 03:20 PM
Ahhh, and there we go... Just was looking at the item and like man thats mehable at best for the classes I play. Thanks for the clarification.

HalflingWarrior
02-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Well that's an optimistic view of things.

If you think anything else youre lying to yourself, Unfortunately. For example ANY QUEST worth a damn will be permarotated til everyone in the guld has them, then permarorated to MQ them. If you want simple velious armor let alone anything better, you should carefully reconsider what guild youre in.

Lyrith
02-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Most these people must not remember what it was like when Kunark came out... It was a CLUSTER "F" (Captials for a Reason) and that was even with event's going on with all old world mobs having chances to drop items that no longer dropped.

So you had people chain aoe'ing newbie zones for the biggest % chance to get items since you could get them on greens. Then the servers came down to fix that, since the first couple people got stupid amounts of loot. Not to mention TD crashing because of the 500+ people trying to ride the boat.

Then when you finally got to kunark, bards and their groups had every camp locked down that was worth anything.

Should be an interesting trip. Hope you know a bard friend, you don't crash while zoning, or you are in a major guild, otherwise you won't be getting a damn thing. Unless you pay mad plats for it.

grenravenlock
02-27-2014, 04:09 PM
BFG quest mobs since it is removed not long after velious debuts.

No more pm's

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1210

BigHurb
02-27-2014, 04:37 PM
why dont u guys just stare at each other and play the game out in your heads to the inevitable conclusion of your murder/suicide scenario

i think everything everywhere will be locked down

Overthrow
02-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Id say once ToV gets broken into, Vulak, due to the abashi.

loramin
02-27-2014, 06:07 PM
If you think anything else youre lying to yourself, Unfortunately. For example ANY QUEST worth a damn will be permarotated til everyone in the guld has them, then permarorated to MQ them. If you want simple velious armor let alone anything better, you should carefully reconsider what guild youre in.

There's going to be, during peak times, maybe 1.5k (I'm imagining lots of people coming back) people playing. A big chunk will be playing in the old world (now's the time to finally camp the AC!). A bunch more are going to do things like getting xp, working on faction, or collecting tradeskill components in Velious, none of which is competitive. And then there's the raiders, many of whom will be, well, raiding.

When you do the back of the napkin math, it still doesn't look pretty, and I'm sure there will be lots of people camping lots of really cool things. Even so, basic math suggests it's not going to be a perma-camped catastrophe.

Lyrith
02-27-2014, 06:42 PM
I think it took about 2 months before Kunark camps started becoming open to people that weren't in the major guilds. Then the 3rd month those items stopped dropping? Not the best timeline example, but best I can do off the top of my head.

Mac Dretti
02-27-2014, 06:46 PM
Level up a red toon and take camps from people instead of waiting 30th place for a chance at orc fang earing

BigHurb
02-27-2014, 07:48 PM
finally time to camp that AC.. now that you have to actually camp him!

Pheer
02-27-2014, 07:54 PM
inb4 wts lodizal shell shield 200k

bluejam
02-27-2014, 07:57 PM
people will take time off from work / quit their job / call in sick / do whatever it takes to get them precious pixels. history repeats itself.

Spacebar
02-27-2014, 10:53 PM
I think people are also forgetting what that first week (s) will be like from our dear DDOS friends. Those tards seem to strike at the time when people are having the most fun.

But yeah, Holgresh Elder Beads. You'll see me there in beta and in live. Hope all the people camping there can find a reasonable way to do it. Or...Chanter WTB Wizard friend for Holgresh AOE.

Mac Dretti
02-27-2014, 10:56 PM
people will take time off from work / quit their job / call in sick / do whatever it takes to get them precious pixels. history repeats itself.

told the old lady no irl snow for xmas

we spendin these sick days on velious

Splorf22
02-28-2014, 12:02 AM

Yep - Kunark launch was crazy, and that was before everyone had 50 alts. Plus at least with the Kunark expansion people could still XP in the old world zones. Who the fuck wants to XP in Sebilis with their alt when Velious is out?

Expect 500-1000 raid-level toons spread out over the various Velious zones. Expect guilds handing off camps for weeks. Expect insanity.

Swish
02-28-2014, 12:14 AM
Anyone remember the 10+ man queue for the Chancellor in LOIO (HS key part)?

pasi
02-28-2014, 03:14 AM
#1 Stormfeather
#2 Scout Charisa
#3 Keldor (OOIV)
#4 Lodizal

Honorable mentions:
Vaniki
Myga
Vilefang
Master Yael

Oh, and if we're talking about late Velious -
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/i/d/id8812.png

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/i/d/id6980.png

These dudes.
If you count raid mobs, priority is going to be ST Keys for the first few months. Tormax and Vulak follow them.

Tecmos Deception
02-28-2014, 07:29 AM
I always feel smarter after reading a lash post :)

bartly
02-28-2014, 08:01 AM
Nothing on Red! All mobs up all da tyme.

jainiseq
02-28-2014, 09:27 AM
Mugglewump

HeallunRumblebelly
02-28-2014, 01:45 PM
Anyone remember the 10+ man queue for the Chancellor in LOIO (HS key part)?

Lol. God yes. I'm 16th in line, i'll be back tomorrow for my key, kthx. And then the bastard sold the prod for like 15k in EC, lol.

edit: To add to the guy above me, once chardok revamp happens. Drusella sathir will not live for longer than about 30 seconds for months on end.

Bill Tetley
02-28-2014, 02:28 PM
thread is a clear attempt to pry for information on velious mobs/loot. I will share nothing with you!

Byrjun
02-28-2014, 04:44 PM
Lol. God yes. I'm 16th in line, i'll be back tomorrow for my key, kthx. And then the bastard sold the prod for like 15k in EC, lol.

edit: To add to the guy above me, once chardok revamp happens. Drusella sathir will not live for longer than about 30 seconds for months on end.

You mean forever.

Once Chardok revamp goes in, Drusella will be the most camped mob in the history of P99 and will never stop being that. The poopsocking will make Ragefire look like nothing.

It was impossible to find her up for months after Velious on progression, and people are way more rabid about their gear/mobs here than on that server.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-28-2014, 08:39 PM
You mean forever.

Once Chardok revamp goes in, Drusella will be the most camped mob in the history of P99 and will never stop being that. The poopsocking will make Ragefire look like nothing.

It was impossible to find her up for months after Velious on progression, and people are way more rabid about their gear/mobs here than on that server.

Spawns once a day on a static timer, has like a 1 in 5 chance of dropping an urn. Every single class that isn't a mana user will want a SWC. WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

Byrjun
02-28-2014, 09:39 PM
mana users will want it too, especially shamans and necros.

coki
02-28-2014, 10:54 PM
moar like place your bets on how long this server can keep up with only killing 3 warders at a time

Daldaen
02-28-2014, 10:58 PM
4th warder should just gain a 1-second refresh DT until a year or two in.

coki
02-28-2014, 11:07 PM
Soon as the top few guilds have their mains and a few alts decked out, he will be killed most likely, but who knows. maybe rogean will intervene

Hailto
03-01-2014, 12:13 AM
Soon as the top few guilds have their mains and a few alts decked out, he will be killed most likely, but who knows. maybe rogean will intervene

More like the top raiding guilds will be the only ones who want to prevent this from happening. Why would they want to take content away from themselves? There is always another alt to gear, people are still farming VP.

Hailto
03-01-2014, 01:42 AM
Doesnt matter thT the guilds wont wanna wake the sleeper.

There will be one asshole at some point in time, am estranged fe or tmo member or a long time member who is bored and gonna quit. That person will wake the sleeper

Waking the sleeper solo?

JayN
03-01-2014, 02:46 AM
Guard armor groups in thurgb I remember them 24/7 on FRO asi/eruo/NAmeri shifts in the first year of velious

Endurance
03-01-2014, 02:49 AM
Waking the sleeper solo?

It was done on Fennin Ro with four players. One of them was just there for coh.

For all we know, Ecc may bank sod and gnome masks for months, and then convince two friends and a gullible mage to help him wake the sleep in order to increase the value of these items. In doing so, he could ebay fund a secret trip to Japan like the nerd he is.

indiscriminate_hater
03-01-2014, 03:25 AM

For all we know, Ecc may bank sod and gnome masks for months, and then convince two friends and a gullible mage to help him wake the sleep in order to increase the value of these items. In doing so, he could ebay fund a secret trip to Japan like the nerd he is.

haha omg

jarshale
03-01-2014, 04:34 AM
Everything is gonna be camped to hell for the first month or two. Better just to ignore velious when it launches for most people.

Clark
03-01-2014, 06:44 AM
Your only reward will be being correct.

First day predictions only.

Swish
03-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Everything is gonna be camped to hell for the first month or two. Better just to ignore velious when it launches for most people.

You'll be able to skip through KC/Sebilis/City of Mist etc a bit more freely though, with all the neckbeards playing EconomyQuest to keep up with the new inflation (as well as enjoying the content of course).

Byrjun
03-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Waking the sleeper solo?

Most people skip the first warder (can't even remember its name since we killed it so infrequently) because its loot sucks hard, but it's also incredibly easy to kill. I think it could be one-groupable.

Hollywood
03-01-2014, 10:20 AM
An interesting question would be : what will become of the prices.
I expect top tier gear to stay stable for the 1st couple of month (fungies, CoF, Donal BP...) because some clicks/effects are still good and the camps/raid we still be hard'ish to have.
Mid tier gear to go down by half within a couple of days (GEBs, FBSS, Mithril stuff...) because of how easy is Turgadim gear to farm.
Low tier gear (30ies drops and common shit from Kunark) to drop a bit but probably stay slightly over vendor price.

As for camps I much expect Kael's arena to be nonstop farmed for a while.

Agreed.

And sadly, because it's like opening the gates at Walmart at 6 AM on the day after Christmas, it's a massive trample fest. It will be months and months before the beauty of Velious can be enjoyed, with it's vast space and eerily quiet atmosphere.

cries4hardcore
03-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Gonna get fucking blasted for saying this, but I wish they would step outside the classic box and make mqing impossible. Would open up a lot of shit for people to experience who otherwise would not get the chance. Queue the angry rabble.

cries4hardcore
03-01-2014, 10:43 PM
You'll be able to skip through KC/Sebilis/City of Mist etc a bit more freely though, with all the neckbeards playing EconomyQuest to keep up with the new inflation (as well as enjoying the content of course).

Holy shit has neckbeard migrated from eqmac to fuck up the market on p99 too? I still don't get how fun that can really be for him.

Infuriati
03-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Whatever drops the holgresh beads.

This.

Daldaen
03-01-2014, 11:01 PM

Okay I lol'd at this. Dunno anything about Ecc but I could see some random neckbeard trying to do that.

Kayso
03-02-2014, 01:01 AM
Most people skip the first warder (can't even remember its name since we killed it so infrequently) because its loot sucks hard, but it's also incredibly easy to kill. I think it could be one-groupable.

Back in the day, the number two guild getting enough keys quick enough to wake the sleeper out of spite would have been a big kick in the nuts to the top raiding guild. I'm not sure that would be the case anymore.

Anyone who with experience at the top end now and then want to comment on how "necessary" primals would be today?

And while we're at it, anyone think that IB or TMO in their respective glory days of dominance on 99 wouldn't have rolled the top EQ classic-era guilds?

odiecat99
03-02-2014, 01:08 AM
Gtfo

Danth
03-02-2014, 02:02 AM
A long time ago, I recollect some of the server admins (Nilbog maybe? I don't remember who) toying with the idea of simply not making the Warders permanently despawn. Course that was so long ago anything could be changed by now, and nothing set set in stone even at the time.

Danth

cries4hardcore
03-02-2014, 02:09 AM
Back in the day, the number two guild getting enough keys quick enough to wake the sleeper out of spite would have been a big kick in the nuts to the top raiding guild. I'm not sure that would be the case anymore.

Anyone who with experience at the top end now and then want to comment on how "necessary" primals would be today?

And while we're at it, anyone think that IB or TMO in their respective glory days of dominance on 99 wouldn't have rolled the top EQ classic-era guilds?

You mean back when it was new content that they had to figure out? It's not really the same thing.

Grubbz
03-02-2014, 02:27 AM

lol funny, guilds on live would eat these kids alive. Tmo would look like shit compared to afterlife.

radditsu
03-02-2014, 01:13 PM
If you tank in the gate crevice you can fight any of them pretty easy.

Swish
03-02-2014, 01:22 PM
lol funny, guilds on live would eat these kids alive. Tmo would look like shit compared to afterlife.

Did Afterlife have multiple alt accounts camped out at raid targets tho?

Endurance
03-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Okay I lol'd at this. Dunno anything about Ecc but I could see some random neckbeard trying to do that.

Its funny because it's true. This is what happened on Fennin Ro, I doubt many of the current Tmo members are old enough to remember, and it was Zehaf not Ecc.