PDA

View Full Version : Raiding the Planes

Artaenc
02-27-2014, 01:18 PM
This is not an official raid discussion item but I wanted to ask the community what the consensus on this is. If you see 4 people in a guild clearing the planes for many hours to a point where they would start killing respawns 8 hours later are other guilds obligated to stay out?

I don't want to say which guild because I don't want to cause drama or this to end up in RnF. I basically want to know what's politically correct here. If this is cool to do then I can technically hold Hate and Fear up 24x7 (not that I would want to) by having guild mates clearing both the zones and having people take over when people need to sleep.

kotton05
02-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Just clear the opposite way they are clearing.

Splorf22
02-27-2014, 01:30 PM
If this is cool to do then I can technically hold Hate and Fear up 24x7 (not that I would want to) by having guild mates clearing both the zones and having people take over when people need to sleep.

save the socks for velious

Jaxon
02-27-2014, 02:32 PM
These are my impressions of how I've seen these situations handled and my thoughts on how I think they should be handled.

The larger force would probably scout the zone a little to see if it's even worth bringing their raid force in. My guess is that if less than 1/3 of the zone is spawned they would find something else to do.

I think a presence of 2 to 3 groups already in the plane -- a force capable of clearing the zone in a timely manner -- would also convince most decent guilds to find another raid target. If it's only a group or less up there, then the two forces would typically start discussing their goals, objectives and capabilities so that they can work out a plan to share the zone without stepping on each others toes.

Rotting loot would generally be offered to each other via OOC or shout, as would assistance with CR and porting.

If the smaller force refuses to be reasonable about sharing the zone, then the larger force is likely to go up anyway. They may not be particularly helpful and they may be aggressive about taking choice mobs, but I don't believe that they would deliberately train or ks the smaller force.

If a group was literally going from spawn point to spawn point, killing everything as soon as it popped in an otherwise empty zone, then the larger force would probably find something better to do. Waiting for mobs to pop is boring as hell.

So in regards to your poll I would say that such behavior would be both "Acceptable" and "Crazy" at the same time.

Artaenc
02-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Did you try talking with them?

Yes, they needed all the exp and gear and there was only 4 of them. I'm not hating on them btw just want to know what the majority thinks about the situation. It would be harder to manage doing planes with guild1 expects to share, guild2 expects for your guild to leave, guild3 wants competition and it's fte on the mobs, guild 4 will run you over anytime they feel like it and they have 50,000 members, guild5 just want to play flower pots with other guilds.

Kergan
02-27-2014, 02:57 PM
On red we can just kill them, so much easier.

Quineloe
02-27-2014, 02:59 PM
On red we can just kill them, so much easier.

If there actually was anyone to kill, sure.

Nocsucow
02-27-2014, 03:08 PM
well i know we try to raid hate we pop up there and people is anon so instead of just pulling from different location we leave.... fear. we just get it when we can .. its not like any gear is rotting with us doing it with 3 or 4 people ... nobody asked you to leave the zone bud

Artaenc
02-27-2014, 03:23 PM
well i know we try to raid hate we pop up there and people is anon so instead of just pulling from different location we leave.... fear. we just get it when we can .. its not like any gear is rotting with us doing it with 3 or 4 people ... nobody asked you to leave the zone bud

I really didn't want to mention your guild name because this is not about your guild. It's about what the server thinks about this situation because it is going to come up often if it hasn't already.

An officer in your guild told me that we should leave and everyone was ok with that.

MoonlightStoner
02-27-2014, 03:32 PM
You all need to get zones on a repop it sounds like instead of hoping to cherry pick a smalls groups hard work it takes eight hours to repop fear....a group clears the zone in three hours max so i doubt its close to repop

HalflingWarrior
02-27-2014, 03:46 PM

What do u mean by this? That youre banking full suits of planar for every class just for bragging rights?

3-4 ppl whove been lvl 60 farming trak for 3 years certainly need them planars!!!!

baalzy
02-27-2014, 03:54 PM
What do u mean by this? That youre banking full suits of planar for every class just for bragging rights?

3-4 ppl whove been lvl 60 farming trak for 3 years certainly need them planars!!!!

HalflingWarrior should be named HalfWitWarrior. He posts with no awareness of the dynamics at play.

Illuminati is a relatively new guild to the server, with a fairly small population. They're gearing up their mains and potentially secondary alts. Why take 40 people with you when you can take 3-4 and focus on only the mobs that drop the gear you need? Nothing is stopping another group or two from coming in and going after the other mobs in a zone.

Splorf22
02-27-2014, 03:57 PM

Every so often I duo Fear with a shaman in the hopes of some shiverback love. I would have no problem with other people going for the other mobs. Of course, one time Doljo zoned in with 15, and the first thing they did was try to pull all of the shiverbacks :)

Aaron
02-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Every so often I duo Fear with a shaman in the hopes of some shiverback love. I would have no problem with other people going for the other mobs. Of course, one time Doljo zoned in with 15, and the first thing they did was try to pull all of the shiverbacks :)

I can already guess the end of this story. It ends with a lengthy Doljo CR.

Artaenc
02-27-2014, 04:01 PM
HalflingWarrior should be named HalfWitWarrior. He posts with no awareness of the dynamics at play.

Illuminati is a relatively new guild to the server, with a fairly small population. They're gearing up their mains and potentially secondary alts. Why take 40 people with you when you can take 3-4 and focus on only the mobs that drop the gear you need? Nothing is stopping another group or two from coming in and going after the other mobs in a zone.

It reminds me of that commercial when this lady insisted that she hold up a ton of people by paying with a check and everyone else in line behind her have debit cards.

Aaron
02-27-2014, 04:02 PM
I also don't really understand the OP question in relation to the poll question.

"If you see 4 people in a guild clearing the planes for many hours to a point where they would start killing respawns 8 hours later are other guilds obligated to stay out?"
A) This is acceptable
B) No that's crazy

Nocsucow
02-27-2014, 04:09 PM

lol WTH are you talking about ? we have been gearing up all our guildies doing this

Lyrith
02-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Obviously if they are spending 8+ hours up there clearing trash... Well that is just mind boggling.

Anyways... My cleric is my main, when I join a guild, if 3-4 of them want to go up with me to help me get some Ethreal Mist from the clerics in Hate, and we spend 2-3 hours killing them all or other stuff in our way. I sure hope other people wouldn't be getting butt hurt over it.

rollin5k
02-27-2014, 04:16 PM
STEAM ROLL their asses and tell them to kick rocks!!! rediculous

Nocsucow
02-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Obviously if they are spending 8+ hours up there clearing trash... Well that is just mind boggling.

Anyways... My cleric is my main, when I join a guild, if 3-4 of them want to go up with me to help me get some Ethreal Mist from the clerics in Hate, and we spend 2-3 hours killing them all or other stuff in our way. I sure hope other people wouldn't be getting butt hurt over it.

we aint spending 8 hrs plus there we zoned in and killed a few mobs then everything started repopping .. so we just started clearing... asgard zoned in twice in a 4 or 5 hr period and we was still in there waiting on slow ass repops from who ever cleared before us .... this 8+ hrs stuff is bullshit

Danth
02-27-2014, 04:30 PM
If folks need the stuff, why does it matter whether there are 4 or 20 of them? Planar trash didn't even require raids pre-expansion, let alone in this era. I don't much care if I go to Guk and see the FBSS camp being held more or less 24/7 by solo farmers rather than by full groups. Same difference to me either way, in the end. Also, If you take awhile because you're waiting on repops from whoever did the zone before, that's hardly your own fault, now is it?

But then what do I know? I haven't been farming Trak for three years. Heck I've never even seen Trak on P1999.

While I don't believe it's his intent, the practical effect of the OP's question is to ask what size of group in the planes may be steamrolled over.

Danth

Artaenc
02-27-2014, 05:01 PM
If folks need the stuff, why does it matter whether there are 4 or 20 of them? Planar trash didn't even require raids pre-expansion, let alone in this era. I don't much care if I go to Guk and see the FBSS camp being held more or less 24/7 by solo farmers rather than by full groups. Same difference to me either way, in the end. Also, If you take awhile because you're waiting on repops from whoever did the zone before, that's hardly your own fault, now is it?

But then what do I know? I haven't been farming Trak for three years. Heck I've never even seen Trak on P1999.

While I don't believe it's his intent, the practical effect of the OP's question is to ask what size of group in the planes may be steamrolled over.

Danth

I like the guk example. So if someone was camping frenzy and they tell you, get out of lower guk because they are camping frenzy. What would your reaction be?

I didn't post this to cry and bitch about anything nor did I have a problem respecting the wishes of those 4 guys in fear. I actually didn't want to involve them at all on this post. I basically want to know for future reference if I should tell a guild coming into my 4 man raid in a plane to get lost or welcome them with open arms.

Artaenc
02-27-2014, 05:15 PM
I also don't really understand the OP question in relation to the poll question.

"If you see 4 people in a guild clearing the planes for many hours to a point where they would start killing respawns 8 hours later are other guilds obligated to stay out?"
A) This is acceptable
B) No that's crazy

I buried the issue a bit within the post but basically the poll is this: Is it acceptable/politically correct for me to have 4 people in hate and 4 people in fear. Have an entire guild rotation to keep both planes cleared 24x7.

Danth
02-27-2014, 05:22 PM
The problem with the planes is that an entire zone is virtually one camp (ie, a single group can "hold" it) due to the excessively long respawn time. Bad game design if you ask me, but it is what it is.

On top of that, most folks tend to be there for the same things because most guilds have similar needs. Just about everyone needs more Monk drops...whilst nobody much cares about Shadow Knight or Ranger drops. This in practice makes it hard for groups to work together--especially when many folks have past experience trying to do so and the other group "accidentally" pulls things they claimed not to need.

I can only speak for myself here, but if I enter Fear and see some folks up there, the following more or less takes place: I'm there for mob X...let's say Fetids since my forum namesake is a Paladin who happens to be camped out in Fear to collect rots. I /ooc, "Hey, any Paladin rots? Do you guys even care about the Fetids?". If they say something to the effect of, "Yeah, go home," then I go away. Don't much care if there are three or thirty of them.

I understand the frustration of a desired camp being unavailable, but I don't see why the number of folks holding said camp factors into that frustration.

-----------------------

You technically could hold those zones 24/7 if you had a sufficient 24/7 crew with the motivation to do so. Other camps (locket of escape, anyone?) have in the past been held in such a manner. Granted if you did that with the planes for any length of time, odds are the server admins would eventually step in and alter the rules, but in the here and now it's possible.

Danth

Nocsucow
02-27-2014, 05:50 PM
I buried the issue a bit within the post but basically the poll is this: Is it acceptable/politically correct for me to have 4 people in hate and 4 people in fear. Have an entire guild rotation to keep both planes cleared 24x7.

Honestly you couldn't do this...... if we wanted to we could hold down both planes..... but if someone is there when we get there we just leave... we don't make poles or cry about it on forums .... how do you think we feel when were outside getting Rdy to go in and a bard from FE zones in and starts kiting? It sucks , but we just come back another day..... so toughin up Mr Asgard and do what ever it takes to get your guild geared... that's what were doing

Mac Dretti
02-27-2014, 05:58 PM
Blue world problems

Nocsucow
02-27-2014, 06:01 PM
Shut your preferred server ass up

Mac Dretti
02-27-2014, 06:01 PM
Too soon

Artaenc
02-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Honestly you couldn't do this...... if we wanted to we could hold down both planes..... but if someone is there when we get there we just leave... we don't make poles or cry about it on forums .... how do you think we feel when were outside getting Rdy to go in and a bard from FE zones in and starts kiting? It sucks , but we just come back another day..... so toughin up Mr Asgard and do what ever it takes to get your guild geared... that's what were doing

It's all good man, I know what you're saying but just wanted to know what to expect from other people when we start doing it.

Nocsucow
02-27-2014, 06:04 PM
Just always expect the unexpected because I've been on this server almost 4 years I've seen it all.... nothing amazes me anymore

Mac Dretti
02-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Nothing more amazing than reading 100 page threads on the topic of orc camp 2 near wc zoneline or getting maestro sniped

Juhstin
02-27-2014, 06:07 PM
Shut your preferred server ass up

Ouch that stings still.

I'm curious what GMs would rule on this. Subscribing fo sho

Nocsucow
02-27-2014, 06:10 PM
Nothing more amazing than reading 100 page threads on the topic of orc camp 2 near wc zoneline or getting maestro sniped

Nah I'd rather read about the stolen gear / accounts and RL text messages sent out and tears about no exp bonus and tears about 1 man boxing for 2 years and never been caught .. them are much more worthy threads from a preferred server .... lol retti go strip some accounts or something you bore me

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-27-2014, 06:14 PM

Didntreadlol.jpg

Mac Dretti
02-27-2014, 06:37 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9wPDyXD2MFU/T4fwTTxF5dI/AAAAAAAACC8/opp4IbgA2pE/s640/rustlin-out-my-jimmies.gif

Argh
02-27-2014, 06:51 PM
You went a bit overboard with the over dramatization.

Duckwalk
02-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Clearly the answer is to accidentally bard pull too close to said group as they were most likely in an obviously bad spot and should learn how to do the zone.

Nocsucow
02-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Clearly the answer is to accidentally bard pull too close to said group as they were most likely in an obviously bad spot and should learn how to do the zone.

lol bro... you cant clear fear with 3 people being in a bad spot ... so yes plz suggest illegal training i would love that

Duckwalk
02-27-2014, 07:02 PM
lol bro... you cant clear fear with 3 people being in a bad spot ... so yes plz suggest illegal training i would love that

You Sir, fail at keeping up with RnF Drama.

Nocsucow
02-27-2014, 07:09 PM
You Sir, fail at keeping up with RnF Drama.

this is a loaded statement ... i think i succeed because i fail to keep up with RnF

Sinestria
02-27-2014, 07:11 PM
this is a loaded statement ... i think i succeed because i fail to keep up with RnF

Maybe you should spend some time in there to burn off some steam. You come across as a douche in server chat.

Nocsucow
02-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Maybe you should spend some time in there to burn off some steam. You come across as a douche in server chat.

im not a douche im far from it... just don't like cry babies

Nocsucow
02-27-2014, 07:24 PM
letting off steam by playing around in R&F on a elf simulator forum..... now ive heard it all

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-27-2014, 07:29 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9wPDyXD2MFU/T4fwTTxF5dI/AAAAAAAACC8/opp4IbgA2pE/s640/rustlin-out-my-jimmies.gif

Rofl

Tecmos Deception
02-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Didntreadlol.jpg

This made me realize that I'm a retard for not having ignored mac by now. THank you, Yumyums!

Artaenc
02-27-2014, 07:52 PM
This made me realize that I'm a retard for not having ignored mac by now. THank you, Yumyums!

Pheer
02-27-2014, 08:15 PM
This is a dumb thread

You make a thread with a poll where the only options are 'this is crazy' and 'this is acceptable' and then offer a hypothetical scenario that hasn't happened and probably never will happen on a kunark era server

Artaenc
02-27-2014, 08:31 PM
This is a dumb thread

You make a thread with a poll where the only options are 'this is crazy' and 'this is acceptable' and then offer a hypothetical scenario that hasn't happened and probably never will happen on a kunark era server

That's an interesting assumption but it's already happened. I will not give any details to spare myself an argument.

Pheer
02-27-2014, 08:42 PM
That's an interesting assumption but it's already happened. I will not give any details to spare myself an argument.

really? its already happened? someone has already locked both planes down 24/7 with 4 people in rotation in a concerted effort to prevent the entire server from farming armor?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/I-dont-believe-you.gif

Daldaen
02-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Haha I like that post ^

joppykid
02-27-2014, 08:43 PM
An officer in your guild told me that we should leave and everyone was ok with that.

You asked if you should leave, I said that it probably would be a waste of time for you since we already killed a good amount of the mobs. I then said we didn't need wizard or necro mobs. I never once said you must leave. You asked, I did not once demand you leave.

We clear fear with 4-6 people in less than 4 hours. Normally, like Nocsucow said we catch it in a middle of a repop, still takes no more than 4 hours. We don't have gear rot so I don't know what the difference is of how many people you have. Just because you have more people you have more of a right to the zone than us? We can clear it just fine with the number we have. We are not there 24 hours lol, not sure why people think we are sitting there killing shit until it just starts repopping again. We have been there like 4-5 times in the last 2 weeks for no more than 4 hours.

Technically, it is a free for all zone. It is common courtesy if you see a group in there to come back a different time. It's getting old though people saying they checked the zone and no one was there. It's normal to /role when you go into a plane. When we check fear we will zone in and if someone is there we will leave.

I went in the other day with zero people in the zone when I had a repop timer and a group of FE came in and started clearing. I was planning on bringing our full raid force which is currently about 15-20 people. They had a group in zone so I called the raid because it would have been a waste of time and they were in there killing before us with a group of 5.

Once again, I never told you to leave. While it was appreciated, it was not demanded. We wouldn't have had any issue with you taking the necro and wizards mobs. That was about 50% of the class mobs that were still currently up at that time.

Artaenc
02-27-2014, 10:28 PM
really? its already happened? someone has already locked both planes down 24/7 with 4 people in rotation in a concerted effort to prevent the entire server from farming armor?

One time we locked down hate so hard that we killed maestro 11 times almost in a row. It wasn't to keep people from farming gear, some people just don't think that way. We did it because we had fun doing it. I've been gone for a year and didn't know the current consensus but based on this "dumb" thread/poll I now know that over half the people that voted would have a problem with that. Thank you all for the feedback. We don't really need to dissect this any further.

Artaenc
02-27-2014, 10:44 PM
You asked if you should leave, I said that it probably would be a waste of time for you since we already killed a good amount of the mobs. I then said we didn't need wizard or necro mobs. I never once said you must leave. You asked, I did not once demand you leave.

We clear fear with 4-6 people in less than 4 hours. Normally, like Nocsucow said we catch it in a middle of a repop, still takes no more than 4 hours. We don't have gear rot so I don't know what the difference is of how many people you have. Just because you have more people you have more of a right to the zone than us? We can clear it just fine with the number we have. We are not there 24 hours lol, not sure why people think we are sitting there killing shit until it just starts repopping again. We have been there like 4-5 times in the last 2 weeks for no more than 4 hours.

Technically, it is a free for all zone. It is common courtesy if you see a group in there to come back a different time. It's getting old though people saying they checked the zone and no one was there. It's normal to /role when you go into a plane. When we check fear we will zone in and if someone is there we will leave.

I went in the other day with zero people in the zone when I had a repop timer and a group of FE came in and started clearing. I was planning on bringing our full raid force which is currently about 15-20 people. They had a group in zone so I called the raid because it would have been a waste of time and they were in there killing before us with a group of 5.

Once again, I never told you to leave. While it was appreciated, it was not demanded. We wouldn't have had any issue with you taking the necro and wizards mobs. That was about 50% of the class mobs that were still currently up at that time.

I know you never told us to leave directly (thank you) but I felt it was disrespectful if we didn't. I actually failed to check the zone if there was players in there before I brought my raid there. I went in, tracked with the ranger and saw a ton of stuff up but unfortunately I failed to have track players on or did a who. My bad.

Splorf22
02-27-2014, 11:09 PM
One time we locked down hate so hard that we killed maestro 11 times

a 33 day hate poopsock?

(great gif Pheer)

mrmop520
02-27-2014, 11:12 PM
a 33 day hate poopsock?

(great gif Pheer)

Damn full circle only managed a 5 day hate occupation :/ (worst idea ever)