PDA

View Full Version : Etiquette for camping Ancient Cyclops

Bolix
02-28-2014, 05:35 AM
Would like to find out the etiquette for camping the AC before I start.
If I zone into S Ro or OOT and someone OOCs that they are camping it, I assume that means I should just move on or wait until they go?
Can someone 'afk' camp it just by standing at the AC spawn spot? Or should they be killing place holders within a reasonably short time of the pher spawning?
(I did look at the play nice policy on camps, but wanted to relate it specifically to the AC camp).

If I am running through one of these zones and happen to see AC up, should I OOC first to see if anyone camping it? Or do people nuke it first, and ask questions later.

BTW, first post on the boards, just getting into EQ again, and tremendous thanks to all the Project 1999 people for setting up and running the server.

Zoolander
02-28-2014, 05:59 AM
usually i just pvp them and the winner gets the spawn

red99 can be the solution for so many things and this is one of them ;)

besides that, it's not a static spawn ins SRo so it should be ffa (opposite to the oot AC where it is considered as a camp)

Gnomebert
02-28-2014, 06:51 AM
spam your temp staff for fte and petition right away when they ks. Related: take a pirate ph from ac island to bird island and afk sometime, lulz to be had by all.

Ennewi
02-28-2014, 06:52 AM
Players who afk camp static spawns risk losing camp. SRO spawn is a free for all, making it easy for anyone with track to run through and snipe. Sniping happens a lot with Quillmane and players don't risk getting caught if the campers are 2-manning it since SK is one of the larger zones, but SRO obviously isn't, especially in the area where AC can spawn. So players who snipe risk having their rep tarnished. Generally it's np, most players only log in just to check if AC is up and then promptly log off or zone out when they see level 35+ players in /who all or a ton of mob corpses, whichever comes first. If you are camping the AC in SRO and see a player running around the dunes area looking for the AC and not actively killing PHs than call them out on it. It's a dick move imo. Calling them out on it makes for some interesting reactions too. That said, sometimes if a wizard or bard is doing the killing, there really isn't much up to kill.

Get on list for OOT spawn>camp SRO spawn very late at night / early in the morning>try to figure out the spawn in EK.

Swish
02-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Etiquette on P99 today? There's another possible thread.

Anyway, South Ro AC is now FFA... just be sure to engage first with a spell that takes some HP away from him (visual cue to anyone else that he's been engaged and isn't on 100% health anymore).

The OOT AC is higher level and not easy to solo (I'd imagine very difficult as a cleric below 49), but he is a static spawn... so you'll be able to claim the camp if nobody is there etc.

fishingme
02-28-2014, 11:22 AM
one of the GMs explained to me that you can't afk at a camp and still hold it. I'd say ettiquette for it, if AC spawns allow a minute for the person camping to engage. If it's placeholder, don't even bother. Although Far too many people do the ring of ancients on a corpse and they keep doing that. In which case I say, do whatever shit you need to do if you see the person camping it doing that, within reason of course. But if you are afk camping a camp and mob/ph isn't down within a minute or two then it's FFA. It was either sirken or ambrotos that told me that.

tristantio
02-28-2014, 11:38 AM
I asked about afk camping re: Hadden the other day, essentially, if someone is there (afk or not) they own the camp, however you may engage/take the mob after it has been spawned for a reasonable amount of time (enough for them to engage) - a few minutes at the least.

Obviously would be a little different on a roamer.

I have a question regarding dungeon camps however - obviously someone doesn't have to respond to a "cc/camp check" when someone /ooc requests it (although it sure is nice when they do), however what about when a group aggressively claims camps via a CC?

I was in lower guk (3rd floor) last night, and a full group responded to the camp check that they were taking cav/sav/exe - when I arrived however sav was fully spawned (PH'ers though).

I mentioned that I don't think you can take 3 camps, per the PNP you must maintain a "presence" at a camp. They said that's guk rules since '99 and they own all 3 camps (then proceeded to have a monk pull sav room past all the 3rd floor trash into cav room, splitting just those 3 mobs off via FD split).

As I understand the PNP - you can't claim multiple camps in a dungeon (even in such a small area as cav/sav/exe), even with a full group, unless you can "maintain a presence" - which to me doesn't seem to be the case if just pulling the individual camp rooms and leaving all the in-between mobs (or even if they did).

I think the PNP even mentions just because you know the spawn timer of a room, you can't roam around the rooms claiming the various spawns just because you make it back before the timer?

Swish
02-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Most "good people" on P99 won't take a camp if there's someone there on it, and will at least give them a couple of minutes to answer a CC or a tell asking if they're there.

Does the South Ro AC have more than a single camper lately? Is there competition? I haven't checked.

Lyrith
02-28-2014, 12:22 PM
Most "good people" on P99 won't take a camp if there's someone there on it, and will at least give them a couple of minutes to answer a CC or a tell asking if they're there.

Does the South Ro AC have more than a single camper lately? Is there competition? I haven't checked.

Haven't checked the SRO in a long time myself. OOT is camped a lot but people respect each other. Someone can AFK between pulls, but if they aren't actively killing Place Holders then you can take the camp.

Juhstin
02-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Related: take a pirate ph from ac island to bird island and afk sometime, lulz to be had by all.

I need to try that sometime haha

Mac Dretti
02-28-2014, 12:37 PM
On red u can take ac no drama

baalzy
02-28-2014, 01:12 PM
I'd treat the sro AC as pure FFA. If you want to arrange something with another person camping there that's super great and well on you, but I wouldn't expect anything other than 'I tagged it first, I get it' to rule the day there.

In OoT if you find someone at the camp with the PH/AC spawned and they don't make any actions to take it within a couple minutes then you are within your rights to claim the camp. This is generally considered a rude move & people will complain, but they should always be available to kill the PH when it pops (setting a timer and going AFK between pops is still considered claiming the camp).

Often times if I check a camp and the PH is up and someone is sitting near it, I send them a tell saying 'Hey you there?' wait like 10 seconds and send em another tell 'Well, I'm going to kill this PH for you'.

Never had a problem with that since every second a PH is up is just delaying the popping of the mob you want that much longer.

Sidenote:
My ignore list is getting long adding all these red posters to it.

Derubael
02-28-2014, 01:19 PM
I asked about afk camping re: Hadden the other day, essentially, if someone is there (afk or not) they own the camp, however you may engage/take the mob after it has been spawned for a reasonable amount of time (enough for them to engage) - a few minutes at the least.

Obviously would be a little different on a roamer.

I have a question regarding dungeon camps however - obviously someone doesn't have to respond to a "cc/camp check" when someone /ooc requests it (although it sure is nice when they do), however what about when a group aggressively claims camps via a CC?

I was in lower guk (3rd floor) last night, and a full group responded to the camp check that they were taking cav/sav/exe - when I arrived however sav was fully spawned (PH'ers though).

I mentioned that I don't think you can take 3 camps, per the PNP you must maintain a "presence" at a camp. They said that's guk rules since '99 and they own all 3 camps (then proceeded to have a monk pull sav room past all the 3rd floor trash into cav room, splitting just those 3 mobs off via FD split).

As I understand the PNP - you can't claim multiple camps in a dungeon (even in such a small area as cav/sav/exe), even with a full group, unless you can "maintain a presence" - which to me doesn't seem to be the case if just pulling the individual camp rooms and leaving all the in-between mobs (or even if they did).

I think the PNP even mentions just because you know the spawn timer of a room, you can't roam around the rooms claiming the various spawns just because you make it back before the timer?

Every camp rule on blue that we used to have was distilled into this:

Note: A "group" in this case is defined as a party of one or more characters that are united in a common belief or goal and are capable of completing that goal.

Project 1999 Staff will not be defining what constitutes a camp. Instead, Project 1999 Customer Service Staff will arbitrate spawn disputes on a per-case-basis. We greatly encourage players to find their own resolution to spawn disputes, as the solution provided by the staff will at best be a win-lose situation, and possbily a lose-lose situation. No two decisions, even at the same 'camp', are guaranteed to be the same, as we will take into account multiple factors in making a determination on a 'camp'.

That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders cleared. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

Please do your best to use courtesy and common sense when interacting with other players in spawn disputes.

So basically, if you want to contest a spawn and a group is holding more than one camp, that group needs to pick a spawn and stick with it. Also, you definitely can't aggressively CC claim a camp - you need to be there, or have been killing the PH's and keeping them clear in order to call it claimed.

That being said, you can camp pretty much anything on P99 as long as it's a static spawn.

Oh, and if there are any other threads out there referencing rules about camps please let me know so I can remove them!

Edit: To respond to OP, everyone here already correctly answered your question. It's ok to 'afk camp' a spawn, but if a PH or the mob itself is left up for more than a minute or two, they've forfeited the camp. I will add, however, that if you take a camp from someone like this, and they come back within a minute or so of you taking their mob, it would be courteous to give them back the camp (though you don't have to).

Swish
02-28-2014, 01:24 PM
you definitely can't aggressively CC claim a camp - you need to be there, or have been killing the PH's and keeping them clear in order to call it claimed.

Sebilis pals, you reading? :p

Cecily
02-28-2014, 08:15 PM
Well too bad rogues can't scout and verify these CC claims huh?

lecompte
02-28-2014, 08:17 PM
spam your temp staff for fte and petition right away when they ks. Related: take a pirate ph from ac island to bird island and afk sometime, lulz to be had by all.

You'll get suspended more than likely.

JayN
02-28-2014, 08:19 PM
ninja stealth jack or wait in line

NextGenesis88
02-28-2014, 08:45 PM
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee432/robn3030/ac_zps5794db94.jpg

Why do you have an AA meter? I have never seen that except from the UI I am using because it is custom and pieces made for recent EQ. I've never seen one just from the normal setup of P99 and the UI it has.

Wrench
02-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Why do you have an AA meter? I have never seen that except from the UI I am using because it is custom and pieces made for recent EQ. I've never seen one just from the normal setup of P99 and the UI it has.

chewchew enjoys custom UIs

he may talk like he doesnt, but never seen him use the classic UI thats actually been posted and working in tech discussion

Wrench
02-28-2014, 09:03 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1244434&postcount=88

never updated to op for some reason, guess dualentity forgot

NextGenesis88
03-01-2014, 12:05 AM
thank you!!!! reply #88 in the thread no wonder i didnt find it
im legit pumped to install this right now

If you download the Duxa's all in one installer you can choose to install extra UI's like Velious, Duxa, Luclin. http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28335&highlight=duxa%27s Either way, it's a very handy tool for everyone IMO and has some cool options to make your game more classic, so I believe everyone should have it. It's all optional and you can easily go back and change back to original or choose other options.

Also you should check out my screen shot thread to check out the current UI I use which is my favorite so far I think. If it was more public I think more people would use it, but right now I think it's pretty rare.

Here's a pic minus the awesome spellbook which I should have opened. It has Naggy hugging the book. :D

http://i.imgur.com/MRc9U0G.jpg

And link for download.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/49937i

Clark
03-01-2014, 06:41 AM
Anyway, South Ro AC is now FFA... just be sure to engage first with a spell that takes some HP away from him (visual cue to anyone else that he's been engaged and isn't on 100% health anymore).

The OOT AC is higher level and not easy to solo (I'd imagine very difficult as a cleric below 49), but he is a static spawn... so you'll be able to claim the camp if nobody is there etc.

Quineloe
03-01-2014, 06:53 AM
So basically, if you want to contest a spawn and a group is holding more than one camp, that group needs to pick a spawn and stick with it. Also, you definitely can't aggressively CC claim a camp - you need to be there, or have been killing the PH's and keeping them clear in order to call it claimed.

What if a group camps lguk Lord, Magi and Frenzy, a second group comes in. Group ! takes Lord, Group B takes Frenzy and Magi becomes FFA or will Group A maintain two camps?

fastboy21
03-01-2014, 07:59 AM
What if a group camps lguk Lord, Magi and Frenzy, a second group comes in. Group ! takes Lord, Group B takes Frenzy and Magi becomes FFA or will Group A maintain two camps?

you can only "own" 1 camp; if you have two and somebody wants one of yours then you (the original player who had both) gets to choose which to keep.

in the case of two groups each trying to hold their owned camp plus one, i would say that the third camp is ffa. you can only "own" 1 camp.

Laugher
03-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Etiquette for AC camps:

1. Hire a rule lawyer- these can usually be found if not working in the EC tunnel wearing a raid guild tag

2. Get caffeinated

3. Get ready to go head to head in some cutting edge pve camping/petitionquest

http://i.imgur.com/3e7ghjP.jpg

4. Buy jboots MQ

Derubael
03-01-2014, 12:53 PM

Group A can actually go ahead and keep killing the Magi, but if Group B decides they'd like to contest they should work out a way to share (every other spawn?) FFA it, or find another compromise.

If a third group were to come in and would like to take Magi, the two groups would both need to give it up so the third group could take the camp.

2014 is all about players mediating their own disputes :)

Mac Dretti
03-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Red99 just takes all 3

Pheer
03-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Red99 just takes all 3

not forcefully though, just because theres nobody online

Rec
03-01-2014, 01:04 PM
I remember playing sullon zek and we never had this kind of problem and there were plenty of people on the server :)

Quineloe
03-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Red99 just takes all 3

because you're the only people in the zone, we get it.

I remember playing sullon zek and we never had this kind of problem and there were plenty of people on the server :)

Well surely you must have had some issues, seeing how you couldn't PVP other evils.

Edgetiq
03-01-2014, 01:07 PM

Ahh an Evil... yes no problems for you wannabie Bluebies....

You should've played on the Good team and level in the only place we could... The Hole.

Rec
03-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Well surely you must have had some issues, seeing how you couldn't PVP other evils.

No because training was completely allowed

Bolix
03-01-2014, 01:30 PM
thanks for all the info.
Seems like the easiest thing is, as he says, to just buy the MQ :)

failing that.
If someone is camping OOT spawn spot, just leave them to it, unless they are mega afk.
If someone is actively killing all the mobs in S Ro, then the polite thing to do would be to leave them to it. Although it wouldn't breach the camp rules by killing the AC in S Ro, it would be frowned upon.

ty

Quineloe
03-01-2014, 01:32 PM
No because training was completely allowed

I thought they banned training when there's no PVP recourse? So that rule exclusively applied to Fansy, then?

Edgetiq
03-01-2014, 02:59 PM
I thought they banned training when there's no PVP recourse? So that rule exclusively applied to Fansy, then?

Didn't ban but they did give warning. Saying that I got suspended for quoting an Eminem lyric to someone... who took offence to it and reported me to a Guide..

Oh how EQ Live has changed...

I sat in RV with Fansy for a few days until the GMs moved in... that guy was a legend. Changed a No Rules server into one with them...

stewe
03-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Are there ever even 2 groups in Lguk on red99, that would make it the most populated zone there.

Infuriati
03-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Would like to find out the etiquette for camping the AC before I start.
If I zone into S Ro or OOT and someone OOCs that they are camping it, I assume that means I should just move on or wait until they go?
Can someone 'afk' camp it just by standing at the AC spawn spot? Or should they be killing place holders within a reasonably short time of the pher spawning?
(I did look at the play nice policy on camps, but wanted to relate it specifically to the AC camp).

If I am running through one of these zones and happen to see AC up, should I OOC first to see if anyone camping it? Or do people nuke it first, and ask questions later.

BTW, first post on the boards, just getting into EQ again, and tremendous thanks to all the Project 1999 people for setting up and running the server.

1. Either is fine.

2. It used to be that afk camping wasn't allowed. You had to kill PH'rs within a reasonable amount of time and or respond to tells.

3. A simple /who would tell you who's in zone and capable to kill it (unless anon or role), but to be safe I would OOC, unless you wanna end up on RNF, and trust me that's the last thing you want.