PDA

View Full Version : Thanks from a new player

GrumbleMumble
02-28-2014, 01:14 PM
This is a big thanks to Hydro who helped out my new char with some great gear.

I was trying to sell some cat pelts & bone chips in EC to get money for my spells. When I get a tell from Hydro asking if I need any help. He then gave me some great items :-

Advisor robe, sacrificial dagger, Savant's Cap, Platinum Scull Ring and Dusty Bloodstained Gloves.

Be playing for a couple of weeks now, and got to say this a very friendly server.

Big thanks from Scrimp.

nndiro
02-28-2014, 01:29 PM
there's a bunch of great ppl @ EC. i had someone helping me in the past there. pras to them!

Swish
02-28-2014, 01:36 PM
Yeah its good to pass stuff on... the server is at the point where inflation is pushing some low items out of reach of the new players, so it gives traders bags some space too :p

Lyrith
02-28-2014, 02:14 PM
+1 Scrimp

Also welcome Grumble! You are going to have a great time here! Specially with Velious right around the corner.

Ofaelol
02-28-2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah its good to pass stuff on... the server is at the point where inflation is pushing some low items out of reach of the new players, so it gives traders bags some space too :p

I thought that the EC Santas were selfless good Samaritans. If they also benefit from twinking me, then I don't want their trash.

Fett
02-28-2014, 02:38 PM
I thought that the EC Santas were selfless good Samaritans. If they also benefit from twinking me, then I don't want their trash.

I think this is you right now.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1674364/oscar-the-grouch-o.gif

Trash indeed.

Swish
02-28-2014, 02:40 PM
I thought that the EC Santas were selfless good Samaritans.

They are, but shiny brass shield plat just doesn't go as far as it used to :(

Juhstin
02-28-2014, 02:51 PM
This is a big thanks to Hydro who helped out my new char with some great gear.

I was trying to sell some cat pelts & bone chips in EC to get money for my spells. When I get a tell from Hydro asking if I need any help. He then gave me some great items :-

Advisor robe, sacrificial dagger, Savant's Cap, Platinum Scull Ring and Dusty Bloodstained Gloves.

Be playing for a couple of weeks now, and got to say this a very friendly server.

Big thanks from Scrimp.

Pras the Good Guys.

BigHurb
02-28-2014, 03:39 PM
this is why the game has longevity, not raid content .. its the people.. haha... people power

cj5056
02-28-2014, 03:58 PM
Yep, it's people

http://25.media.tumblr.com/404757d49e0875e98db0f0814eeb5b3d/tumblr_mh7j9cRyvh1rpj04no1_500.gif

Clark
02-28-2014, 06:50 PM
this is why the game has longevity, not raid content .. its the people.. haha... people power

:)

NextGenesis88
02-28-2014, 08:39 PM
:)

Yes and I know you are a good dude too as you helped me greatly. I think that's a cool thing you did even though you didn't "give". Lending was perfect because it gives me more incentive to replace the items with my own and return them back. Also showing that I can be a reliable player here and respect player made agreements. :D

I tell people if you really are trying to get help then just don't even try. As long as you are a good person and just play the game trying to make it on your own, people will see that and will be more inclined to help you rather than constantly seeing you beg or work items out of people. I am just friendly and love making conversations with people. Sometimes it comes up where they know I am trying to do what I can do make money or gear and they sometimes just help me out. I really appreciate it all! But the best feeling is when you get some nice drops and things on your own. :) All of the help definitely helped me as a 68% xp penalty tank class though. Some good people here, but if you aren't a good person yourself you will likely get less help if any.

I love that reputation actually has importance and meaning. That's why (partially of course) this game experience is so good. It creates a very healthy community that all rely on each other to make it through the struggle (which is important to have. Also see Dark Souls for another great example). I find games are saddening when I am playing and feel like the game would go on just fine even if it was only you in the world. It's just the opposite of what an MMO is/was all about.