PDA

View Full Version : Bard starter gear

Squatchmoe
03-01-2014, 10:30 PM
I played EQ during Kunark back when I was about 12 years old. Re-introducing myself to the game I decided to try out a bard. So far I've played him to level 12 but I don't know what gear I should be saving for.

Should I be focusing on saving up for armor or for a decent weapon? I have a couple pieces of bronze armor but the rest is filled out with cloth. Some people have told me to look for pieces that have +HP on them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kekephee
03-01-2014, 10:50 PM
I had pretty much a full suit of bronze that someone hooked me up with, minus a couple piece of banded that I saved up for and bought from Jaybird, until I was in my mid 20s to early 30s. Around that time I started grouping in places where my lambent pieces dropped, and eventually I had put together a full suit of lambent for myself. It worked pretty well for me. If you're just starting out, I'd say shoot for that.

The first real weapon I got was a harpoon of the depths that was rotting from someone killing goblins in LOIO. By the time I could dual wield I had gotten that offhand from the blade dervish in Unrest, the Pugius or whatever. I kept my Pugius until I got a Sionatchie's Partisan when I was like 30 and I kept the harpoon until I was in my 50s and finally had enough of my mystic koada'dal shit bought that I could spend money on something else, and I bought a CSS. I suggest paying a little more attention to your weapons than I did, because that was all just very sad.