PDA

View Full Version : "Could not possibly get any better"

Tobius
03-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Trying to get my Frogloks of Guk faction to "Could not possibly get any better" levels.

Don't ask why, I know it's not in any way useful. I don't care.

Feel like I have killed enough for this to happen.

Does anyone know if that message doesn't appear from old world mobs or if frogloks are broken specifically or something like that?

Anyone themselves have max faction and can confirm it does exist?

Thanks,

- Tob

Gaffin 7.0
03-03-2014, 04:13 PM
hundreds of lines to get max faction dunno exact number, yes its possible

tristantio
03-03-2014, 04:14 PM
I can confirm I still have not received it with Brood of Kotiz - I've killed 600+ Iksar (which supposedly give +10 faction according to the wiki, more like +1 faction from my experience) with BroodofKotiz since I've become Warm with them, which should be more than the faction ceiling, yet still do not receive this message.

The message is in the EQEMU source code, so if it isn't possible to get on p99 it was either intentionally disabled, or due to the Ally faction level added in Velious area, our ceiling on p99 was set just below that (while the message may still be set to appear after Ally level is capped out).

tristantio
03-03-2014, 04:15 PM
hundreds of lines to get max faction dunno exact number, yes its possible

You ever hear of anyone (or you yourself) having seen this occur on p99?

I have logged nearly all my faction grinding and have some exactly numbers for my +BroodofKotiz and at over 2000 of them still am not capped (and no, I haven't started killing the Iksar Necro guild to drop the faction).

Tobius
03-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Pretty certain I get the max messages for all kinds of Iksar who I also went and maxed for the lulz. So it does exist.

I was already warmly with frogs from killing shit, looking at both faction tables I should only need like 3-400 kills and I feel I've done that..... weird.

Gaffin 7.0
03-03-2014, 04:16 PM
i just remember from live, but maybe not so here?

loramin
03-03-2014, 04:27 PM
I've gotten the message with my TrueSpirit faction, as have tons of shaman on this server, so the message definitely exists. There could be a bug that makes Froglok (or all Old World) factions not give the message, but that would certainly be a strange bug ... I'd think it's more likely you just need to do some more killing :)

Tobius
03-03-2014, 04:34 PM
I've gotten the message with my TrueSpirit faction, as have tons of shaman on this server, so the message definitely exists. There could be a bug that makes Froglok (or all Old World) factions not give the message, but that would certainly be a strange bug ... I'd think it's more likely you just need to do some more killing :)

Yeah no problem I hoped it was that (because I'd rather get it eventually then not be able to)

But didn't want to waste my time if for some reason it was broken.

Well more then I'm already wasting it by pointless factioning.

Cheers.

Iumuno
03-03-2014, 04:53 PM
I killed maybe 5-6 live frogloks at the most, and it took over 2 levels worth of kills to get back to dubious. So my guess is the wiki is wrong, and the faction hit is just +1.

baalzy
03-03-2014, 04:56 PM
From general, anecdotal evidence, the wiki faction numbers are wrong. It feels like -10 for most negative hits and +1 for most positive hits when killing regular mobs. Take when I farmed my Droga faction. At 10 faction a hit I should have been able to go from max kos to max ally with the more than 1k goblin kills I did, instead I'm only just barely inside dubious.

Named mobs of some kind tend to give bigger negatives/positives.

loramin
03-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Well more then I'm already wasting it by pointless factioning

Back on live I used to work on "meaningless" factions also. I'm too new here to have time for that, but the way I've always looked at it is that your raiseable (ie. non-monster) faction rankings are part of your Everquest "score". So, in that sense it's not pointless, you're just scoring more points ;)

Someday if I ever find the time I'm going to make a Project 1999 scorecard site, where you can submit things like your wiki-Magelo, your faction rankings, and which mobs from the solo challenge you've soloed to actually get some kind of a "Project 1999 score". Still wouldn't have any real point, but I think it'd be fun.

Weekapaug
03-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Purely as a matter of trivia, live frog faction is great for the all/all Wood Elf illusion crown. Unfortunately, even though the main quest item comes from Kunark the quest itself, if memory serves, was Luclin era so we won't be getting it here.

I find it's helpful getting in and out of LG dead side though. All you need is IVU and you dont have to worry about the live frogs by the zone knocking it out.

Would love it if I had the patience to do cabilis faction on my DE Cleric here. Would take the pain out of trashing OT faction. But having done it once back in the day so my SK could do Greenmist I'm not sure I can endure that twice in a lifetime.

Did have a lot of fun factioning with that toon, tho. Made a point of seeing how many cities I could safely bank in. Wasn't too bad being a Bertox "evil lite" SK. Pretty sure I got most of them done. Maybe not Felwithe and Neriak. Maybe Kelethin.

Ahldagor
03-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Anyone ever maxed Runneye faction?

archy
03-03-2014, 08:51 PM
i just remember from live, but maybe not so here?

I <3 your gif sig.

Gaffin 7.0
03-03-2014, 09:21 PM
usually about 5 pms a day about it, it was gone for a while but i brought it back for the people

archy
03-03-2014, 09:53 PM
usually about 5 pms a day about it, it was gone for a while but i brought it back for the people

So . . . where is the vid?

Ahldagor
03-03-2014, 09:56 PM
So . . . where is the vid?

charlie chase is her name. she's decent. she'll be a disproportionate glob in a decade.

Gaffin 7.0
03-03-2014, 09:58 PM
sweets not chase

Vega
03-03-2014, 11:14 PM
You ever hear of anyone (or you yourself) having seen this occur on p99?

I have logged nearly all my faction grinding and have some exactly numbers for my +BroodofKotiz and at over 2000 of them still am not capped (and no, I haven't started killing the Iksar Necro guild to drop the faction).

I have max allied with Legion of Cabilis. It does tell me that it can't possibly get any better.

Ahldagor
03-04-2014, 01:13 AM
sweets not chase

had a charlie mix up

tristantio
03-04-2014, 02:45 AM
Hmm, I guess I've got some more faction grinding to do :)

Clark
03-04-2014, 07:35 AM
Anyone ever maxed Runneye faction?

Hope not!