PDA

View Full Version : Are cross server item/plat trades considered RMT? (blue to red etc.)

tristantio
03-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Just wondering the rules on these transactions as I've seen them pop on occasion in EC chat.

I know p99 items/plat for any alternate game items is considered RMT.

What about for items on red? What about for items on other EQEMU servers?

How do the rules apply to things like PL? (trading, for instance, 5 hours of PL on p99 for PL on another game)? I'd assume that falls into the RMT territory as well?

loramin
03-03-2014, 04:29 PM
I'm 90% certain this was explicitly allowed for red/blue trades by the GMs (the same way the normal 2-boxing rule is relaxed when you play on red and blue at the same time). Don't ask me to provide a thread though as I have no idea when/where I read that.

As for any game/server other than red/blue (even other EQ Emu servers), I think any trading whatsoever = RMT.

Gaffin 7.0
03-03-2014, 04:43 PM
red to blue, blue to red is acceptable

Skittlez
03-03-2014, 05:07 PM
red to blue, blue to red is acceptable

Don't listen to cheaters and scammers like this loser.

(but yeah you can trade cross server I am sure, 100%)

Daldaen
03-03-2014, 05:12 PM
I think it's stupid they allow it. I'd imagine this is annoying for tracking down RMTing. When dudes just say "no I spent 200k red plat for a Lamentation on blue". Whereas it's usually pretty easy to see someone handing a level 1 noob 250k for free and guess yea he probably plat lorded that.

Skittlez
03-03-2014, 05:15 PM
I have known people to spend maybe $20 max on in-game currency. And that was a game with thousands and thousands of players. This game has less than 1400.. Is someone really going to spend very much on plat if at all for this game? 250k is like.. $300+ isn't it?

Skittlez
03-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Only asking because I personally haven't noticed really any RMT or heard of any. Except the debacle with the TMO bannings not long ago.

Skittlez
03-03-2014, 05:18 PM
ban the above poster for using a dollar sign in the same sentance as the word 'plat'

Frieza_Prexus
03-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Only asking because I personally haven't noticed really any RMT or heard of any. Except the debacle with the TMO bannings not long ago.

That was duping not RMT.

Skittlez
03-03-2014, 05:21 PM
That was duping not RMT.

Oh gotcha. Thought I had read that there were RMT violations involved with the duping. :rolleyes:

Skittlez
03-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Looked up the answer to my own question, lol. I HIGHLY doubt that anyone is going to pay $2.69 per 1k for 250k plat. LOL, if they do/have then they are seriously the biggest of all losers.

Can the GM's confirm if they have ever banned any moran dumb enough to do this? Would be a laugh riot.

loramin
03-03-2014, 05:40 PM
I have known people to spend maybe $20 max on in-game currency. And that was a game with thousands and thousands of players. This game has less than 1400.. Is someone really going to spend very much on plat if at all for this game? 250k is like.. $300+ isn't it?

*Redacted* has had high-priced items like Fungal Tunics and raw plat in huge denominations for quite awhile now. In fact, you can see them for sale even now:

*EDIT* Forgot there's a rule against posting RMT info. The point I was trying to make was, people do it, and if you try (not very hard) you can easily find evidence of RMT vendors.

You can look at it as a positive though: this server is so awesome and people love it so much that they are willing to drop hundreds of dollars just to "catch up" to people that started earlier. I 100% think they shouldn't be able to do so, but I can't help but take the fact that there is such demand as a compliment to the server.

Raavak
03-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Oh gotcha. Thought I had read that there were RMT violations involved with the duping. :rolleyes:Well, there was one guy and one or two accounts. The 85-ish bannings had to do with two guys duping, but logging into many, many accounts.

loramin
03-03-2014, 06:00 PM
and even LINKING EXTERNAL RMT SITES is extremely toxic to the community

*EDIT* Removed info from post; you are correct sir.

Skittlez
03-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Well, there was one guy and one or two accounts. The 85-ish bannings had to do with two guys duping, but logging into many, many accounts.

Ahh I see!

Holy shit.. how the fuck does one keep up with 80+ passwords lol

baalzy
03-03-2014, 07:27 PM
I remember years ago reading a post about gil buying in FFXI. Basically, the guy was justifying it to himself because he could work at a real job for 1 hour and then buy gil with it. However, in order to farm that gil on his own it would take him 6-7 hours. Therefore he was willing to trade his RL money in order to save RL farming time in order to enjoy the game.

Not saying it makes it right, I hate RMT with a passion and used to sport a massive hardon all day whenever Squeenix announced another mass of RMT account bannings, but it does make sense why some people would be willing to do it.

Swish
03-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Platlord has had high-priced items like Fungal Tunics and raw plat in huge denominations for quite awhile now. In fact, you can see them for sale even now:

LINK

Now, just because he's selling doesn't necessarily mean anyone is buying, but I think it's pretty obvious he wouldn't be putting in all the trouble to sell unless he had customers.

You can look at it as a positive though: this server is so awesome and people love it so much that they are willing to drop hundreds of dollars just to "catch up" to people that started earlier. I 100% think they shouldn't be able to do so, but I can't help but take the fact that there is such demand as a compliment to the server.

Why would you link that shit here? Really :(

http://i45.tinypic.com/2isf7o0.gif

loramin
03-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Why would you link that shit here? Really :(

OP didn't believe that people really RMTed, so I took all of 5 seconds to Google some proof that they do in fact RMT. Anyone else can find the exact same link in the same 5 seconds of Googling. That being said, I took the link down since *EDIT* I don't want to break any rules.

Honestly though, people who would RMT, but don't, don't do it because:

they fear of getting banned
they respect for their fellow players
they want their fellow players to respect them
they lack enough real world money

Mostly the first one I'd imagine. It's not like someone is just browsing along one day thinking "gee I really wish I could buy some P99 platinum, but I've never heard of a search engine before ... wait, there's a link? Time to RMT!"

*EDIT* On further reflection I realize that there is in fact a forum rule about posting RMT links that I (foolishly) violated. For some reason I was thinking of the rule as "don't promote RMT" (which I most certainly wasn't). However, the GMs shouldn't have to make a distinction between idiots like me and people who actually are promoting it, so I'll not be an ass and follow the rules (and so I have removed the link and even the mention of the infamous RMTer).

Gaffin 7.0
03-03-2014, 08:42 PM
skittlez the retard non factor prob said somethin about me on ignore lawl

Asap
03-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Ahh I see!

Holy shit.. how the fuck does one keep up with 80+ passwords lol

They are on a spreadsheet, where all "trusted" members can see

Clark
03-04-2014, 07:32 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2isf7o0.gif

LOL Seinfeld.

Nocsucow
03-04-2014, 07:40 AM
skittlez the retard non factor prob said somethin about me on ignore lawl

there you go calling someone a non factor .... and people dont even like you on a preferred server ......