PDA

View Full Version : Need some Velious memory refreshing...

Caridry
03-03-2014, 09:10 PM
I am thinking of coming back (for the 5th time), but cant remember if druids were powerful/needed in Velious? Or if I should think about leveling another class... I played beta-GoD, but just cant remember the state of druids in Velious. Thanks!

Faerie
03-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Everyone loves ports, and Velious has really great druid solo spots. Plus we'll heal better than paladins finally.

But yeah, we're not as cool as wizards or clerics. That's the downside of being a hybrid.

Caridry
03-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Clerics are just so painful to level.. People have some serious patience, and being highly mobile around norrath is always a great plus! lol

Faerie
03-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Clerics are just so painful to level.. People have some serious patience, and being highly mobile around norrath is always a great plus! lol

Druid is for sure a great class! And it's not like we're useless in groups or anything. If you're the main healer in a Velks group though, they're probably looking around for a second healer lol.

baalzy
03-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Their heals get better:
Superior Healing usable at 51
Chloroblast which is basically Remedy but slightly less healing
Nature's Touch which is a weaker version of clerics Healing Touch but would serve just fine for spot healing squishies I imagine.
Protection of the Glades is pretty badass though. I imagine it would be desired for caster groups so demand for at least 1 on a raid is likely.

Otherwise, I guess you have circle of summer/circle of winter & succor and some upgrades to your debuffs. Nothing that would ever make a raid go 'man I really wish we had TWO druids with us instead of this extra Cleric/Wizard'

Disclaimer: I'm just hypothesizing.

Edit:
Non-Raid I imagine theres more likelihood of doing cool stuff. Lots of potential in places like WW where you should be able to charm mobs.

Caridry
03-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Bleh, sounds like I should level one of my other classes... necro, chanter, or sham... oh well, I shall figure it out I guess lol.

rollin5k
03-03-2014, 09:27 PM
i think superior healing is 53 actually, nevermind i see what you're saying

Daldaen
03-03-2014, 09:31 PM
WW where you can charm wolves, SG where you can charm lots, Kael where you can charm wolves. 3 big group areas that have great animal charm mobs available. Makes Druids valuable in groups especially with PotG/NT.

Raids kind of meh specifically in ToV. PoGrowth you'll be playing an alt or just permanently fucking your faction. Kael you can charm a wolf and do serious DPS on raid mobs with no AEs, so as long as you aren't terrible at charming you can provide solid DPS to raid, better than basically any player.

I don't expect to be invited to groups like a cleric or enchanter. Though I do expect to leave a few groups and have people say to themselves "damn I didn't know Druids could do that".

Daldaen
03-03-2014, 09:32 PM
i think superior healing is 53 actually, nevermind i see what you're saying

It becomes usable at 51 with the 2-month in spell patch. I'd provide links but I'm all out of fucks to give after this 13 hour work day.